Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread  (Read 52554 times)

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread
« Reply #525 on: September 04, 2014, 02:36:42 am »

"Less because you're a girl, more because you're surrounded by a superior force.  I dislike the idea of killing someone who might be willing to join a true cause when I so sorely need men and women willing to fight our noble oppressors..."

"And frankly, I don't know anything about the artifact nonsense, either.  I'm just operating under the assumption that whatever the undying idiot thinks you have will make my job far more difficult than it needs to be."

Martyn shrugs, raising his spear to a fighting position once more.

"Still, I suppose I might be worrying too much. And I may have been a bit naive in assuming you would have the desire to defect from a group of men attempting to pillage a village in order to save your own life and possibly, circumstances permitting to fight for the freedom of people everywhere based on a minor argument with what may or may not qualify as a zombie, which, as your response has implied, was entirely unrelated to even the appeal to self-interest on which I was hoping to capitalize."

He takes a deep breath.  Then he sighs.

"Yes, in hindsight, that was stupid of me."

"In any case, apologies for rambling, for leading you to assume I was attempting to intimidate you because of your gender rather than because of my own side's superior force concentration, and for wasting the time of everyone-myself-included by talking.  If it's any consolation before we try to stab each other--which I am honestly surprised you have not attempted to do during that entire monologue just now--your loyalty to your band is admirable, if entirely misplaced."
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 02:41:06 am by Lucus Casius »

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 05, 2014, 12:04:49 am »

"Just what the heck is this 'cause' you keep rambling about?"

"And honestly, stop the know-it-all act. You think you know me -know what's going on here- but you don't. You think you're in the right, but you don't even know what's going on do you? I mean I thought you were with that other guy but looks like that was a mistake."

She dropped into her stance, ready to strike with a confident smirk on her face.

"Please, I don't need to resort to tactics like that to take you down. And thanks, I guess, for that backhanded compliment, but you still don't know anything."

"So this is your guild? Hah! You weren't bad on your own, but can you really afford this many people now?"

Mocking impression aside, the mercenary took a more serious tone as Geoffrey mentioned his jobs with the guild.

"Well, from what you're saying it's been work up to the task, though. Not bad, if you can handle all these people. Not bad at all."

Though part of him wondered how big of a deal this merchant was, Igor shrugged the thought quickly enough. It was a battlefield, any talk could wait. He cut the chit-chat with a dismissing nod and gave chase to the fleeing bandit.

"Har har har, mister 'solo mission'." Geoffrey responded in mock annoyance. He hoped it was recieved as such anyway, it'd been awhile since they'd seen each other after all. No telling if he could still get away with the old jokes yet.

"You haven't been slacking, either, if your performance just now was the norm. Factoring in the fact you work solo I'd say you're doing better than me!"

With Igor's nod, Geoffrey silenced himself as well. This was still a battlefield and, despite the fact that it was incredibly in their favor currently, there was no telling what the enemy had planned. And even if there wasn't a plan that was equally as dangerous.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 05, 2014, 12:28:43 am »

"You're welcome."

And then he stabs her with a slim lance, suspecting he knew enough at this point to call this the correct course of action.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 05, 2014, 01:09:43 am »

Martyn goes to strike Mia; however, before he can even attack Mia lashes out at him but misses what would've been a deep wound. That hardly registers though, as when Martyn goes for his counter an older and intimidating axeman, who had been perfectly concealed by the trees, stepped out and took the hit for Mia. Or would have, if Martyn had been able to hit him.

Quote from: Martyn Vs Mia&Garret
Vantage Activates!
Hit: 100-23-15=62
Hit Roll: 90 Crit Roll: 15
Miss!

Martyn Counters!
Guard Activates!
Hit: 102-30-15-16-5=37
Hit Roll: 48 Crit Roll: 88
Miss!

Martyn Attacks Again!
Hit: 102-30-15-16-5=37
Hit Roll: 85 Crit Roll: 80
Miss!

Map Updated
Enemy Stats Updated!
Spoiler: Win Conditions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spoiler: HP Counts (click to show/hide)
EXP:47/100
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 01:20:11 am by F.O.E. »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 05, 2014, 09:20:19 pm »

"..."

Dakob wiped the sweat from his brow as he tucked away his book, pulling out a small kit of medical supplies, and jogging towards Lian.

"...you're injured," he said, as if that was explained everything. He didn't make a move to touch her or try to apply the bandages. He just stood, medical kit in hand, waiting for her to speak.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 06, 2014, 11:28:16 am »

"Everyone wants to see Gorog's dancing."
11-8, perform Aika and Aneira.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 06, 2014, 06:36:57 pm »

Aneira to 10-10, shoot Garik with Training Bow, canto to 10-5

"Ha... He'll never learn. Ah... Alexios, Hilde... Could one of you help me out a little please?"

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 06, 2014, 06:51:54 pm »

: "So I am." Lian stated with an indifferent tone as she glanced back to the giant mage, "Don't fret about it. A few scrapes never hurt anyone." The sword fighter sighed as her gaze fell back on the battlefield, allies had made quick work of the nearby enemies. Yet, near the forest in the southeast she could see Martyn facing off against another myrmidon, clearly more skilled than the others, exchanging a wild flurry of near-misses.
: "Hm. I suppose he'll need help. Sit tight, Dakob. This'll be over before you know it."
Lian to 14,7. Finish the Axeguy.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 06, 2014, 06:52:36 pm »

: "I wouldn't mind a bit of healing myself. I see a bunch of shady-looking characters near the wall and they might try to take a few potshots at me."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 07, 2014, 09:10:24 am »

"I too require healing."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 07, 2014, 09:20:20 am »

:"I'm coming Aneira!"
11, 5 and heal Aneira.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 07, 2014, 04:57:21 pm »

Dakob just nodded as Lian spoke. When she left, he turned his attention to the others around the battlefield.

"...okay."

The man started running towards Aika, looking over her wounds as he opened the medical kit. He wasn't sure how much he could do for the Pegasus, though...it didn't seem in the greatest shape either.

"May I?" he asked, a roll of bandages in one hand, cleansing ointment in another.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 07, 2014, 05:01:58 pm »

"Right, much better. Think I'm going to charge ahead as soon as I catch my breath, but you stay safe, alright?"
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 05:57:02 pm by Swordstar »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 07, 2014, 07:05:05 pm »

:"Don't worry, I'll be fine."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 07, 2014, 08:10:10 pm »

"May I?" he asked, a roll of bandages in one hand, cleansing ointment in another.
: "As long as you're a gentleman about it, go right ahead. I'll need to be in top form when I fly over that wall."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57