Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37

Author Topic: 30 Days of Modding - Day 30 - Done!  (Read 69983 times)

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 24 - FLOWCHART and building graphics.
« Reply #480 on: August 01, 2014, 07:31:37 pm »

Nothing left to test really. A tutorial fort would be next, a succession for that shows the features, so that people can follow and learn how to play. Military castes cant be tested yet, I havent written them yet. ;)

Elves... ha. Smakemupagus wanted to start on them 1,5 years ago or so. If I do elves, than after the update to dfhack r5 and df2014, because of the multi tile trees. :P

Smake would be a good one for that enterprise. Assuming he doesn't make them just free food for the orcs. :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #481 on: August 01, 2014, 07:35:28 pm »

Yes he would. But I think its too large a time investement atm for him.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 01, 2014, 07:43:03 pm »

Yes he would. But I think its too large a time investement atm for him.

Clearly then we need to sabotage his career and his relationships so he has more free time. :)

But I totally understand. Time is something we can't make more of.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #483 on: August 02, 2014, 07:17:57 am »

:)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 02, 2014, 07:31:51 am »

Questions:
How will it affect timed abilites/interactions?
How will it affect pregnancies?
How will it affect strange moods?
How will it affect affect the hunger/thirst/sleep cycle?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #485 on: August 02, 2014, 07:36:27 am »

Not at all.
Not at all.
Not at all.
Not at all.

fedobear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 02, 2014, 07:40:58 am »

in the new 0.3 alpha release of humans, I had difficulties with starting the game. the launcher told me Dwarf Fortress\data\art\Phoebus_16x16.png was not found

re-unpacking of the archive and redownloading+reunpacking did not help. The file was there but could not be opened by an image viewer (corrupted?)

copy-pasting the file from the 29th june version of MWDF worked.

Anybody else had this problem?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #487 on: August 02, 2014, 07:47:03 am »

Its fixed in my dev version, you have to go to masterworkdwarffortress/graphics/your-tileset-of-choice/data/art and copy the phoebus_16x16.png out of there, into dwarffortress/data/art.

Kiefatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 02, 2014, 09:12:48 am »

So I just opened up the .3 Humans file... still got the same problem with that Phoebus 16x16 file. Easily fixed, but something to remember.

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 02, 2014, 09:42:10 am »

So this time thing ... will there ever be a way to control it from within the game? Or is it a reload only sort of thing?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #490 on: August 02, 2014, 10:16:58 am »

Its a GUI option, you set it before you start DF, but you can change it any time, for any save, no regen necessary.

Kiefatar: Its fixed in my dev version. No worries.

I am making progress on the military castes. the castes themselves are done now, and squires automatically upgrade to knights after 2 years, and knights to paladins after another 2. Just need to make the reactions and inorganics for the buildings.

And I fixed the conjurer, it wasnt spawning minions, but he does now. :) Torches should work as well, but I couldnt find the time to test them yet.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 02, 2014, 12:50:51 pm »

I love the calendar speed option! This will be a huge help for me when playing Kobolds especially. I'm terrible at setting up and establishing myself enough before the first invasion wave comes a knocking on my door.

One thing I'm curious about though, and I'm not sure if I missed it in an earlier post. Will the seasons changing that fast make the Caravans come and go in a flash/ stay much longer than norm? As well as Sieges for that matter? Or do they still stay the same amount of time they would at 'Normal' speed, with little/no alteration to the norm?

....Apologies if that was awkwardly worded. Time shenanigans can hurt the brain meat.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #492 on: August 02, 2014, 12:57:03 pm »

The ingame speed... the way creatures move, caravans move, combat... plants grow, fire spreads, rain and fluid movement... its all the same.

The only difference is the calender days. So a season lasts longer. Thats it. All ingame ticks are otherwise the same. If a plant needs 1 year to grow (~400000 ticks) and you set calender speed to 2x, the plant will need 2 years to grow. (because 1 year is suddenly only ~200000 ticks).

Caravans still appear each season, they wont move faster or slower... its just less RL time till they come. (or more, if you make the year longer)

Btw, you can start a fort with speed 1/8, and later change it to 2x or 4x, if you have very low FPS. That way you can adjust to the igame FPS. If a year in the start with 150 FPS goes by too fast? Make the calender slower... later with 30 FPS and 200 dwarves? Make the calender faster. :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #493 on: August 02, 2014, 12:58:36 pm »

PS: Definite human version. http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8735

thats it guys, from now on I work on manual, presentation, tutorial fort, generic bugfixes... but the content is done. I wont do any "foreign envoys" or other high-end stuff until the humans have been out there for a while, battle tested by a couple of hundret people. :)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 02, 2014, 01:00:37 pm »

Elves... ha. Smakemupagus wanted to start on them 1,5 years ago or so. If I do elves, than after the update to dfhack r5 and df2014, because of the multi tile trees. :P

Smake would be a good one for that enterprise. Assuming he doesn't make them just free food for the orcs. :)

Ya, it's true, I have a design outline, but no time at the moment to implement it.  Too bad Meph's time control setting doesn't work in real life :)
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37