Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37

Author Topic: 30 Days of Modding - Day 30 - Done!  (Read 69986 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 23 - All merchants/workshops/guilds done
« Reply #465 on: July 31, 2014, 07:15:40 pm »

Okay, so how do I turn off the multi Z-level viewer? Maybe include it in the GUI?

Also, is it possible to implement:
-Rune-engraved weapons, ammo and armor not being taken for the same job again and again. Preferably in a way that still allows rune-engraving a single item with multiple metals, just not engraving it twice with the same. Same applies to poison coating. Maybe adding the [NOT_IMPROVED] token to the reagents?
-Temple of Armok not accepting bloody metal items as sacrifices, so we can leave the reactions going on /R when we have a shitload of small risty iron goblinite to sacrifice?
Its already in the GUI I have here. Splinterz added it today. :)

Rune-engraved weapons are not being taken for the same job again and again. They are not. Seriously. Last time I checked they are not available for the same runes. You can add different runes, but a weapon with an iron rune will not be accepted for a reaction that adds an iron rune to a weapon. Same for poison coating. It already does what you describe.

Temple of Armok reaction: I can figure something out with reaction_classes, but why not just use stockpile links?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 01, 2014, 04:31:19 am »

Okay, so how do I turn off the multi Z-level viewer? Maybe include it in the GUI?

Also, is it possible to implement:
-Rune-engraved weapons, ammo and armor not being taken for the same job again and again. Preferably in a way that still allows rune-engraving a single item with multiple metals, just not engraving it twice with the same. Same applies to poison coating. Maybe adding the [NOT_IMPROVED] token to the reagents?
-Temple of Armok not accepting bloody metal items as sacrifices, so we can leave the reactions going on /R when we have a shitload of small risty iron goblinite to sacrifice?
Its already in the GUI I have here. Splinterz added it today. :)

Rune-engraved weapons are not being taken for the same job again and again. They are not. Seriously. Last time I checked they are not available for the same runes. You can add different runes, but a weapon with an iron rune will not be accepted for a reaction that adds an iron rune to a weapon. Same for poison coating. It already does what you describe.

Temple of Armok reaction: I can figure something out with reaction_classes, but why not just use stockpile links?

I already use stockpile links. But the item is created in the tile where the sacrifices are dumped in, and apparently that makes it an acceptable input regardless of stockpile links.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 01, 2014, 05:51:57 am »

So what are you working on now?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #468 on: August 01, 2014, 06:09:01 am »

Testing indigofenix timestream. It allows to slow down or speed up the calender days. So you can alter game speed, without affecting the speed of the creatures ingame. You know how people complain that migrants arrive way too early? Or that seasons go by too quickly?

Well, you can now have a year take 10 times as long, if you want to. Or 2 times, or 5 times, as you like.

And players that have a boring fortress because sieges dont happen often enough can speed it up, have a year go by quickly.

If all works out well it will become a GUI option. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 01, 2014, 06:49:55 am »

Wow. Who knew gnomes were good for anything but lunch?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 01, 2014, 06:53:25 am »

Testing indigofenix timestream. It allows to slow down or speed up the calender days. So you can alter game speed, without affecting the speed of the creatures ingame. You know how people complain that migrants arrive way too early? Or that seasons go by too quickly?

Well, you can now have a year take 10 times as long, if you want to. Or 2 times, or 5 times, as you like.

And players that have a boring fortress because sieges dont happen often enough can speed it up, have a year go by quickly.

If all works out well it will become a GUI option. :)
That... is actually really awesome.

MortalMiniatures

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 01, 2014, 10:57:18 am »

i like the idea of humans and mining, and have a sugestion - harder mining in the GUI

off - not too bad, just enough to discourage living like dirty dwarves in a smelly hole
on - miners get dizzy, throw up, get bad thoughts etc, quite often, making them less fast. also, at some point they either die, or go crazy and attack everything they see.

so when harder mining is on, you end up with a dungeon full of miserable slaves, dying slowly but providing the fort with a trickle of raw materials. and every so often someone goes mad, and poses a significan threat to your fort, incentivising the use of guards (immune to the darkness). maby get a variety of tantrums and whatnot as consequences - they are unhappy, but you dont have to care and your only available option is to use force to keep them mining

would it be possible to do something like the plump helmet men? ie, turn human child in mining minion.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 01, 2014, 11:12:20 am »

Speaking of PHM, shouldn't it be themselves who start to rot, instead of my poor dwarves?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 01, 2014, 11:32:00 am »

i like the idea of humans and mining, and have a sugestion - harder mining in the GUI

off - not too bad, just enough to discourage living like dirty dwarves in a smelly hole
on - miners get dizzy, throw up, get bad thoughts etc, quite often, making them less fast. also, at some point they either die, or go crazy and attack everything they see.

so when harder mining is on, you end up with a dungeon full of miserable slaves, dying slowly but providing the fort with a trickle of raw materials. and every so often someone goes mad, and poses a significan threat to your fort, incentivising the use of guards (immune to the darkness). maby get a variety of tantrums and whatnot as consequences - they are unhappy, but you dont have to care and your only available option is to use force to keep them mining

would it be possible to do something like the plump helmet men? ie, turn human child in mining minion.

As something perhaps less dark, could humans pay dwarves to mine for them? I guess in theory that's what the ore stall is.

ETA:

I'm not having any problems at all mining. I just mark out a small section at a time, or a single vein and pull it out using wheelbarrows. Occasionally the miner himself will get dizzy, but if I have multiple miners then it gets done fast enough that nobody gets cave adaptation.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #474 on: August 01, 2014, 04:08:31 pm »

Dev log - Day 24

Today I made a lot of tests with graphics and Twbt and building. I made a new thread about it, some examples, and wrote other graphic artists about it. Lets hope that someone picks it up and makes some awesome buildings with it. :) I will certainly do a new set of decorations for all races, but wont port all MDF buildings, that would be madness. Thread is found here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141608.0

I made a flowchart that has all human buildings. With a short description, hints in green, a collection of tips... it should be the ultimate cheat sheet to learn how to play this new race.

Very large image: (imgur actually automatically converted it into jpg to save traffic, but the mod will include a high res png) http://i.imgur.com/H1eqFgd.jpg

I talked with IndigoFenix and Splinterz, which resulted in a fancy new script that affects game speed. I tested the script, it works very well, and the GUI just got an option for it. I will talk more about it tomorrow, after I had time to test the script with the GUI together.

I added more stuff to the manual.

I added the crates back to the misc trade section.

Thats it for today. Tomorrow I should finish the garrison, knights hall and all the military guilds. :)

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 24 - FLOWCHART and building graphics.
« Reply #475 on: August 01, 2014, 04:37:21 pm »

What's left to test beyond the military castes?

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 01, 2014, 06:16:18 pm »

And when are you starting on elves? :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #477 on: August 01, 2014, 07:24:16 pm »

Nothing left to test really. A tutorial fort would be next, a succession for that shows the features, so that people can follow and learn how to play. Military castes cant be tested yet, I havent written them yet. ;)

Elves... ha. Smakemupagus wanted to start on them 1,5 years ago or so. If I do elves, than after the update to dfhack r5 and df2014, because of the multi tile trees. :P

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 01, 2014, 07:26:15 pm »

and will there be an option to remove the  multi z lvl viewer? fps death

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #479 on: August 01, 2014, 07:28:16 pm »

and will there be an option to remove the  multi z lvl viewer? fps death
That option already exist, you turn of TwbT. Just click on "item graphics". The test version, which you can download in this thread, even has an option to choose how many z levels are displayed and allow to turn it off, while keeping the item graphics.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37