Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37

Author Topic: 30 Days of Modding - Day 30 - Done!  (Read 70063 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 16 - Test-release of Humans !!!
« Reply #375 on: July 11, 2014, 08:01:10 pm »

Just checking in real quick: What do you guys think, should I continue? I didnt get much feedback so far, but thats understandable with the DF2014 release. If no one wants more time to test the humans, I will continue modding tomorrow. :)
Just my own opinion, but you should probably finish your goals for this in v0.34.11 and then port it all over to v0.40.02. Knowing the size of your mod, that'll take some time.

I believe the "stones" screen in-game, which show all stones, is probably cluttered with a lot of reaction stuff. I think deleting from each of those [IS_STONE] removes them from that list while having no side-effects if people aren't supposed to use those to make stone items.
The stone screen is alphabetically sorted and has no syndrome-related stuff anymore. I think you are talking about an older version?

And yes, I plan to work on df34 for a while, until Toady made a couple of bugfix releases. It would drive me mad if people report crashes, and I cant distinguish from mod or vanilla sources.
Either that or I confused it with another mod. Sorry. Kind of gets blurry after a while.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

GreyPowerVan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 12, 2014, 05:01:21 am »

Update the Manuals in your free time :P

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 12, 2014, 09:48:12 am »

Hey Meph, when did the 'evil' human/dwarf/elf/drow get removed? Kinda need them to play orc mode - their building unlocks are great.
omg, there were race-specific buildings in there?

Which workshops cant you build anymore? I can fix that easily, but I need to know which ones are affected.

The definitions of the building and blueprint still exist in the orc files.  You can no longer get the blueprints through "regular" trade with travelling merchants of course but you probably can still get them through the Caravanserai.  E.g. Nethermill blueprints at the Farmers Bazaar and Legion Auxilla charter at the arms dealer.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #378 on: July 14, 2014, 03:48:41 pm »

Dev Log - Day 17

Ok everyone, the week is over. I said I give all the testers a week time to give feedback. I did play a fort in the meantime, made my own list of changes. Obviously DF 40.x did interefere a bit. ;)

Today I had a look at the new raws of 40.3 and made a todo list for updating the mod. But with the utilities missing and Toady still doing bugfix releases, that has to wait. I will also have to update from dfhack r4 to r5 to fit the new DF version, which is even more work.

I read through all the forum posts I missed in the last week.

Now I will continue the humans and the manuals, and continue to release for df 34.11 for a while. Regular, daily modding will continue, so keep posted for more dev logs. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 17 - Reading up on everything.
« Reply #379 on: July 14, 2014, 03:54:41 pm »

What is the name of the dfhack plugin that does the multi-z level views? Is it possible to enable/disable the plugin during run-time?

With my last fort dead I upgraded to 5.10 only to find that it interferes with my One Weird Trick of looking at z+1 to distinguish trees from grass/shrubs/saplings.

I mean, I'll make do if that's not possible yet (the plugin is way more valuable than being able to tell what is a tree), but I wasn't able to find it in the dfhack list to try for myself.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 14, 2014, 04:02:49 pm »

Now I will continue the humans and the manuals, and continue to release for df 34.11 for a while. Regular, daily modding will continue, so keep posted for more dev logs. :)

yay!!! thank you meph, and welcome back =)
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #381 on: July 15, 2014, 08:08:34 am »

What is the name of the dfhack plugin that does the multi-z level views? Is it possible to enable/disable the plugin during run-time?

With my last fort dead I upgraded to 5.10 only to find that it interferes with my One Weird Trick of looking at z+1 to distinguish trees from grass/shrubs/saplings.

I mean, I'll make do if that's not possible yet (the plugin is way more valuable than being able to tell what is a tree), but I wasn't able to find it in the dfhack list to try for myself.
Its the same plugin that does itemgraphics, so disable them and you are good.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #382 on: July 16, 2014, 11:31:39 pm »

Dev Log - Day 18

(Actually two days, but I only managed to do 3h on the first day, and I didnt want to take credit for a full day for that)

Manuals. Thats what I did. New manual about 60% done. Overall another 9h put into that. Hopefully another 9h today will see it finished, all I have to do is proofread it and delete the outdated stuff. Overall in much compressed, with only one manual for all races.

Big thanks to Boltgun for filling his Succubus part already. The Gnome part is also still up to date. Only Orcs might need a little update by Smake, now that he is back. :)

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 18 - New Manual more than half way done.
« Reply #383 on: July 17, 2014, 12:00:02 am »

I know I suggested this before, but no one responded to me at all. I think human anti-cave adapt should happen slower, on the order of about a week to start the adapt, til a month for the worst effects, instead of 1-7 days. It would make shaft mining still possible, but still incentivize pit mining and prevent underground dwelling.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #384 on: July 17, 2014, 12:16:03 am »

I know I suggested this before, but no one responded to me at all. I think human anti-cave adapt should happen slower, on the order of about a week to start the adapt, til a month for the worst effects, instead of 1-7 days. It would make shaft mining still possible, but still incentivize pit mining and prevent underground dwelling.
Oh, even if I didnt respond to anything directly, I did note down all the feedback I got. The anti-cave adaption will be made slower, and there will be a few ways to counteract it.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 17, 2014, 01:25:18 am »

Ah! Well, that's a comfort. I thought my comments had been overlooked entirely.

Anyway, loving the mod so far, and I think it's a good idea to continue on DF2012 until 40.x is (reasonably) stable.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 17, 2014, 01:45:39 am »

By the way, I personally would appreciate an official human thread like the other races have. I've played around with humans for a little while, and I think it would be nice to have a place specifically for them while development is still ongoing where people can post their thoughts, ideas, and questions.
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 17, 2014, 02:22:43 am »

By the way, I personally would appreciate an official human thread like the other races have. I've played around with humans for a little while, and I think it would be nice to have a place specifically for them while development is still ongoing where people can post their thoughts, ideas, and questions.

One exists.

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 17, 2014, 11:10:51 am »

One exists.
*FACEPALM*
I've posted in that damn topic. I just forgot about it because it got pushed off the front page. Whoooopsies.
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

soyweiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 23, 2014, 09:50:49 am »

I used the dev version to play one dwarven fort. Noticed two things, very low FPS due to rendermax if I get over multiple levels (a volcano in view caused noticeable slowdown).

And I didn't get any immigrants past the first two waves. I do get caravans. But no immigrants.

I did get the 'you have attracted no immigrants' message the first time during spring and summer, but after that not any more. It is now year 4 of the fort. I have quite a lot of wealth 260.000. But no immigrant has been seen. The caravans left the maps without being molested btw.

Edit: checked with legends, the dwarven civ still has 6k of dwarfs, so that should be enough for immigration.
And it is 26 early summer, no invasions, no immigrants.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 11:24:20 am by soyweiser »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37