Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37

Author Topic: 30 Days of Modding - Day 30 - Done!  (Read 70076 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 16 - Test-release of Humans !!!
« Reply #360 on: July 08, 2014, 10:19:08 am »

I hope it's not that many work for meph and the other modders. :-\ I think i can not play DF without masterwork anymore. :D
From what I've read of the new features their probably going have to go back and test all the features. I feel really sorry for the dfhack guys!

Yeah, I'll volunteer some time once DFHack is updated. All modding revolves around that crew now, heh.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

fedobear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 08, 2014, 11:05:25 am »

Got an issue/bug with human civ not drinking or eating, not becoming hungry or thristy but just slow walking
I also posted this on github (https://github.com/Meph248/MDF-Dev-Version/issues/6)

(copy-paste)
issue description:
I embarked with 60 meat and 61 drink, left foodstuffs inside the wagon.
Started doing other stuff like making a quarry, farms, felling trees, figuring out how to make the unique human buildings work.
It's summer now, about to be autumn, and after appointment of my bookkeeper it seems I still have my original 60 meat and 61 drink, I've not made extra food or drink so far.
I have only recently completed a well, a dining hall, and transferred all food into a stockpile, but no dice. Therapist doesnt show them being hungry or thristy, and they move really slowly.

if its relevant information, I embarked on a very hot area.

jwpartain1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 09, 2014, 02:30:14 pm »

Possible issue with cooked food. Should prepared easy meals containing meat or eggs be going rotten?

edit:I apologize, fedobear, I was reporting a separate issue. I didn't read your post there. Sorry for the confusion!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 03:17:58 pm by jwpartain1 »

fedobear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 09, 2014, 03:11:05 pm »

wouldn't people be starving or drinking from the well then?

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 09, 2014, 05:01:06 pm »

Hey meph, seeing as the new version did not end up fixing it, would you be willing to tweak masterworks raws as it concerns ranged weapons in line with the findings and tweaks in this thread? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=115448.0    Currently bolts have the power of modern tank cannons in terms of penetrative power. There is ample evidence that the default values are entirely the result of oversight/pressing 0 a few too many times.

changing SHOOT_FORCE and the like along those  lines as suggested by the findings of the thread would positively affect the balance of ranged combat and it would roughly fall in line with laws of physics and the  balance other weapons have in correspondence with armor materials. Bone bolts and the like are still lethal against unarmoured targets and so on, just makes it so theres a point to steel bolts and the like. the purpose isn't 'nerfing' ranged combat, it's to rein it in to a general baseline that is even slightly grounded in real physics. The advanced simulation features of dwarf fortress' combat, after all, are worthless if aspects of it ignore all properties of the materials they encounter, essentially.

It would give an actual purpose to the guns you've added as well, being able to penetrate all armor with ease as before and having higher damage.

I'm interested enough in the topic that I'm actually thinking of restarting the mans project and finishing it up myself. I'd be more than willing to do the work myself and submit a masterwork version to you if you'd care at all for it.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 05:03:16 pm by SIGVARDR »

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 09, 2014, 05:02:35 pm »

I think that's in there already.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 09, 2014, 06:27:18 pm »

Meph - Are you planning on releasing a 5.11 to round everything off? I ask because I, for one, don't plan on touching DF2014 for quite some time - it doesn't seem to add much of interest compared to MW, as far as I'm concerned =D
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 09, 2014, 08:13:12 pm »

Meph - Are you planning on releasing a 5.11 to round everything off? I ask because I, for one, don't plan on touching DF2014 for quite some time - it doesn't seem to add much of interest compared to MW, as far as I'm concerned =D
A) Bashing the new release is occurring far too much on the forum right now. Don't look so happy about it.
B) Meph will have a mod for DF2014 as soon as dfHack is updated. No sooner, probably not much later. When that happens is out of his control.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 11, 2014, 02:20:51 am »

is there a way to turn off the multi z lvl watch thingy? think my fps is having a hard time with it

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 11, 2014, 03:40:25 am »

What exactly does the pagan-shrine-thing do? I've managed to consecrate the thing to "Edo Whatshisface the Ultralord of Cheesy Titles", and have been sacrificing barrels of fish to him for a season or two, but I haven't gotten any prayer xp, mystical gifts from the heavens, weird-colored smoke, spooky messages or anything. Am I wasting resources or is this doing something behind the scenes?
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #370 on: July 11, 2014, 09:55:00 am »

What exactly does the pagan-shrine-thing do? I've managed to consecrate the thing to "Edo Whatshisface the Ultralord of Cheesy Titles", and have been sacrificing barrels of fish to him for a season or two, but I haven't gotten any prayer xp, mystical gifts from the heavens, weird-colored smoke, spooky messages or anything. Am I wasting resources or is this doing something behind the scenes?

It depends on the sphere(s) associated with the particular god.  Some of them have a more noticeable effect than others, and some don't do much of anything at all.  I'll work more on this once Masterwork in general and DFHack in particular are updated for the new version.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #371 on: July 11, 2014, 06:10:09 pm »

Just checking in real quick: What do you guys think, should I continue? I didnt get much feedback so far, but thats understandable with the DF2014 release. If no one wants more time to test the humans, I will continue modding tomorrow. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 11, 2014, 07:37:51 pm »

I'm liking the playable humans so far. My only complaint is the extremely fast anti-cave adaptation. I would recommend increasing the time required for it to happen by a factor of 2-4 times. This would still prevent living underground, while at the same time making shaft mining viable, yet keeping pit mining incentivized so you don't have to worry about it at all.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 11, 2014, 07:50:12 pm »

Just checking in real quick: What do you guys think, should I continue? I didnt get much feedback so far, but thats understandable with the DF2014 release. If no one wants more time to test the humans, I will continue modding tomorrow. :)
Just my own opinion, but you should probably finish your goals for this in v0.34.11 and then port it all over to v0.40.02. Knowing the size of your mod, that'll take some time.

I believe the "stones" screen in-game, which show all stones, is probably cluttered with a lot of reaction stuff. I think deleting from each of those [IS_STONE] removes them from that list while having no side-effects if people aren't supposed to use those to make stone items.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #374 on: July 11, 2014, 07:58:16 pm »

Just my own opinion, but you should probably finish your goals for this in v0.34.11 and then port it all over to v0.40.02. Knowing the size of your mod, that'll take some time.

I believe the "stones" screen in-game, which show all stones, is probably cluttered with a lot of reaction stuff. I think deleting from each of those [IS_STONE] removes them from that list while having no side-effects if people aren't supposed to use those to make stone items.
The stone screen is alphabetically sorted and has no syndrome-related stuff anymore. I think you are talking about an older version?

And yes, I plan to work on df34 for a while, until Toady made a couple of bugfix releases. It would drive me mad if people report crashes, and I cant distinguish from mod or vanilla sources.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37