Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37

Author Topic: 30 Days of Modding - Day 30 - Done!  (Read 70077 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Dev Log - Day 12

I started filling the human workshops with reactions. Most of the guild extensions luckily use existing reactions from other races, so I got lots done. 24 workshop are finished and can be used.

So far I have finished these Guild Extensions. Its about 50%. Half way there, yeah :)
 - Coin Mint
 - Siege Engineer
 - Greater Dyery
 - Unravelling Machine
 - Thatchery
 - Screw Press
 - Gemcutter
 - Glasscutter
 - Gemforge
 - Glassforge
 - Brewery
 - Trade Storehouse
 - Greater Tanner
 - Leather Refinery
 - Leather Tailor
 - Cloth Tailor
 - Sawmill
 - Woodcrafter
 - Wood Shredder
 - Brick Oven
 - Stonecutter
 - Rockforge
 - Archaeologist

And Kobold Potter, which is the first race-specific workshop I finished. All this was mostly adding permitted reactions, adding new building ids to the reactions I want to use, copying and slightly changing balancing in a few cases, and of course building all these ingame and having a look. Looks good so far. :)

Tomorrow I hopefully finish all the guild extensions. :)

PS: And custom slab engravings are now a thing, thanks to groundwork by Putnam and some refining by IndigoFenix on the script:

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:02:30 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 12 - 50% of the guild workshops done.
« Reply #241 on: July 01, 2014, 11:21:23 am »

Do the signs have any use, apart from beeing decorational? I think they might be fun in adventure mode, though.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 11:25:34 am by mglarev »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #242 on: July 01, 2014, 11:24:21 am »

No, its flavor only. I like it, it can be used in succession forts to great effect. Or players set up signs "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" at the gates, and have adventurers come by. :D
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 01, 2014, 11:26:02 am »

Ah succession forts. Thats always reason enough. "I placed a sign to warn you. It is your fault."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #244 on: July 01, 2014, 11:34:23 am »

"This is a adamantine-encrusted platinum sign, studded with diamonds."
"It reads: Dickbutt."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #245 on: July 01, 2014, 01:45:40 pm »

I did a bit more on the guild extensions, but noticed that the basic/fine/lavish goods merchant wont work, it would be way too many reactions per workshop.

So I made 12 new ones. :D

The 3 merchants on the merchants guild are now replaced with:
 - Moneychanger (coppers to silver to gold coins)
 - Contractor (calls caravans, I make the council only for migration and war)
 - Empire Trading Company (gives large, timed requests, if fulfilled, you get a large reward)

And the 12 new merchants give the basis for trading stuff:

Kiefatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 01, 2014, 02:05:43 pm »

As far as money changer... is it really necessary? Couldn't you just unify all the coin reactions? Just change the amounts produced?

Copper into Coins = 500
Silver into Coins = 1000 or 2x500
Gold into Coins  = 1500 or 3x500

Fiddle with rates as needed, and it opens up other metals to coin production as well. I imagine a few would be worth gold level (if not more), while most would be silver or lower.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #247 on: July 01, 2014, 02:15:12 pm »

As far as money changer... is it really necessary? Couldn't you just unify all the coin reactions? Just change the amounts produced?

Copper into Coins = 500
Silver into Coins = 1000 or 2x500
Gold into Coins  = 1500 or 3x500

Fiddle with rates as needed, and it opens up other metals to coin production as well. I imagine a few would be worth gold level (if not more), while most would be silver or lower.
Are you seriously suggesting that I triple the amount of all trade-reactions, instead of adding three reactions to change money? ???

reaction_trading for dwarves has 466 reactions. And they are not even trade-based. If they would have 1398 reactions, then imagine how many reactions that is for humans.

PS: Even dwarves have a moneychanger, integrated into the tavern.

PPS: The coin making reactions are hardcoded. 1 bar = 500.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 02:17:04 pm by Meph »

Kiefatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 01, 2014, 02:50:44 pm »

I wasn't aware that bar to coin was hardcoded. I figured the trade reactions could be simplified. Instead of taking X of Copper, or Y of Silver, it would just take a specific # of coin piles. Unify all currency into the same thing with a common import.

The way I theorized it would possibly add a few more reactions on the minting process, 1 bar copper = 1 stack, one bar silver = 2 stacks and so forth, but I'd think it would simplify it all told.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #249 on: July 01, 2014, 03:01:06 pm »

Coppers, shillings and sovereigns are the real-life currency at the time, in and around europe. The names are british, yes, but I took them because DF is in english. Its the best I can do with the hardcoded reactions. I cant even remove them, they are in the forge and accept any metal, you can even make adamantine coins or tin. Of course the custom buildings wont accept those.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 02, 2014, 12:01:40 am »

Coppers, shillings and sovereigns are the real-life currency at the time, in and around europe. The names are british, yes, but I took them because DF is in english. Its the best I can do with the hardcoded reactions. I cant even remove them, they are in the forge and accept any metal, you can even make adamantine coins or tin. Of course the custom buildings wont accept those.
what about if the money changer does just that? trades <metal> coins into "currency coins" that are used as money for trading?

suggestion for the currency name: dwarfbucks, armokoins... :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #251 on: July 02, 2014, 04:40:02 am »

what about if the money changer does just that? trades <metal> coins into "currency coins" that are used as money for trading?

suggestion for the currency name: dwarfbucks, armokoins... :P
For humans? dwarfbucks? :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #252 on: July 02, 2014, 05:33:28 am »

Dev Log - Day 13

I got 9 more guild extensions done:
 - Leather Upholstery
 - Soap Maker
 - Booze Burner
 - Slaughterhouse
 - War Kennels
 - Crucible
 - Blast Furnace
 - Armory
 - Weaponry

I finished all 10 universities. :) 110 training reactions in total, cost 1000 gold for 1 skill point, up to a maximum of skill level 10.

I made building designs for 12 basic merchants that can buy and sell basic materials and goods.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 13 - Merchant Designs and Universtities done
« Reply #253 on: July 02, 2014, 07:47:06 am »

Not even halfway through and it's already awesome!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 13 - Merchant Designs and Universtities done
« Reply #254 on: July 02, 2014, 08:12:50 am »

I will have to spend a lot of time on the manuals and testing. I have maybe 7-10 more days to finish writing the humans... ;)

currently doing guild castes, to fit the guild workshops, and the reactions to join them, as well as setting up these merchant designs I made as workshops.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37