Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37

Author Topic: 30 Days of Modding - Day 30 - Done!  (Read 70057 times)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 9 - Guilds and Council
« Reply #210 on: June 27, 2014, 05:01:01 pm »

Anyone can do it, if they want to, but I dont know if its worth it for such a minor thing. There is no affect on gameplay at all.

I would rather have the community contribute to manual, wiki or ethnic differences of humans. ;)
Fair. :) I don't personally think positioning matters much, I'm just interested in finding ways for us all to help you out. :)
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 27, 2014, 10:22:15 pm »

If I might make a suggestion, I would like it very much if these human features not be dependent on getting a caravan (like with dwarves and trade licenses). Even if caravans are one way of getting started with these features, having some means of getting it started on your own would be great.

Basically, I'm asking that we have some means of making our own Contracts, so we can still get them on, say, island embarks and the like. They don't have to be easy to make, just possible. Perhaps buying them from a basic trade shop for lots of money?
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 27, 2014, 11:07:58 pm »

mosey, that is the beauty of the council. IT doesnt matter where you are, if there is a civ of the race out there, a caravan should show up when you run the reaction

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #213 on: June 28, 2014, 12:31:44 am »

Indeed, the caravans you can trigger yourself. Even Warlocks, Goblins, Drow, anyone who would otherwise just attack you. The caravans are auto-allied to each other as well, I had warlocks next to elves next to orcs, no fights. (until the skeletons turned opposed to life after 5000 ticks, because the caravan did not include a warlock)

You can make human contracts yourself, but you dont get the 500 gold rent that you might get from other races. Otherwise people would spam wooden contracts. :P

Guilds are completely not-trade dependant.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

migshark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 28, 2014, 12:45:22 am »

With all of these 'rent out workshop reactions', would it be possible to have longer contracts?  It sounds like a lot of unnecessary micromanagement if you have the wealth to pay for several years worth of contracts at once. Otherwise you'd have to cram in trading (potentially with multiple caravans at once, which is very buggy) and renting out the workshops, before you can start producing anything, all within one season. At least, if I'm understanding this correctly.

In more difficult embarks, it would make strategy a lot easier if I could demand longer contracts from the liaison, and just make sure that one caravan gets through. So long as they're in yearly intervals, they should expire roughly when the same race's caravan turns up again.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #215 on: June 28, 2014, 12:51:42 am »

Yearly intervalls? You are underestimating the council. You can spam caravans. 10 a season if you want.

And yes, its micromanagement, but only once a season. Its the only way I managed to do seasonal rent. But I can easily say  1 contract = 1 season and 500 gold rent, 2 contracts = 2 seasons and 1000 gold rent, and so on, till 4.

That way its only once a year that you need to do a reaction.

The intention behind it is that your trade-area will look quite empty and sad, because all the people left, if you dont get regular caravans. So if you get sieged and wall in, your outside-based workshops will disappear, because they say "fuck that shit, I outa here". Presumably the siege force lets neutral traders leave :P
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #216 on: June 28, 2014, 04:36:23 am »

My new motherboard, cpu and ssd arrived today. I will update to win8.1 as well, and have to take my PC apart to change parts. And install windows and all driver, utilities, etc. This means I am off for a bit.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #217 on: June 28, 2014, 08:37:27 am »

Dev Log - Day 10

Building designs. 118 in total. Stages and Guilds. There has been a lot of discussion here:http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139731.0

Spoiler: Stage (click to show/hide)

I have the building files done, and the fitting reactions to upgrade everything. Only the reagents are missing, which I will do when I am finished with everything else. Its easier to test when everything is free.

I also tested mifkis multi-zlevel plugin, which allows to see more than just one level at the same time. I will test more with it. Currently its a beta release that only shows 1 zlevel. It works with Rendermax now as well, which means you get item graphics, dynamic lightning and multilevel viewing in one. I hope to make a mod release with that tomorrow.

I planned to do one today, but got delayed because I got a new PC, still setting all the software up.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 10 - Guild Groundwork done. And Stage Designs.
« Reply #218 on: June 28, 2014, 08:50:25 am »

Geez, Meph, why does everything require so much gold?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 28, 2014, 09:56:22 am »

Bloody hell Meph... You're really going full out on this aren't you? Will the old workshops still exist?

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 28, 2014, 10:08:12 am »

setting all the software up.
Does that software include Git?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #221 on: June 28, 2014, 10:45:23 am »

Geez, Meph, why does everything require so much gold?
Because thats what human society thrives on.

Bloody hell Meph... You're really going full out on this aren't you? Will the old workshops still exist?
Vanilla workshops yes. The rest will be custom. But they get non-guild stuff too, just not nearly as much.

setting all the software up.
Does that software include Git?
yes. Its already installed. I want to put the release up on github as well. Is there a traffic limit? I know dropbox complains after ~10gb in 24h.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 28, 2014, 11:09:09 am »

Just realised that the Kobold Comedy Show has trap components as props... I don't think the kobold is going to live very long.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #223 on: June 28, 2014, 11:31:36 am »

I just gonna leave that here. Click on the image for zoom.

Day:

Night:

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37