Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37

Author Topic: 30 Days of Modding - Day 30 - Done!  (Read 70037 times)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 6 - Human Buildings
« Reply #180 on: June 25, 2014, 06:12:08 pm »

Succubi refuse to touch peat.  Not sure about anthracite, because I didn't have any to check.

And of course, now:

You have struck anthracite!

... which I can't use.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 7 - Stockpiles
« Reply #181 on: June 25, 2014, 10:06:49 pm »

Stockpile sorting makes me insanely happy. I have so many items I want to put into their own little stockpile, but for the life of me couldn't figure out where they are supposed to go.
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

Endovior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 25, 2014, 11:04:08 pm »

Regarding manuals... one thing that I'd particularly like to see detailed is the weapon skills associated with the various exotic weapons.  It's not super-clear what weapon skill is needed to use slings, for instance, and it'd be nice to have that info detailed with each sort of exotic weapon.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #183 on: June 25, 2014, 11:51:07 pm »

Regarding manuals... one thing that I'd particularly like to see detailed is the weapon skills associated with the various exotic weapons.  It's not super-clear what weapon skill is needed to use slings, for instance, and it'd be nice to have that info detailed with each sort of exotic weapon.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Please go to your mod folder, open Quickguides/Weapon Guide.html and tell me that that is not exactly what I already did.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Endovior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 26, 2014, 01:41:45 am »

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Please go to your mod folder, open Quickguides/Weapon Guide.html and tell me that that is not exactly what I already did.

Ahh, that's where it is.  Sorry, it wasn't obvious.  My problem was specifically that Kobolds have a weapon guide which says that Slings use "Sling-Skill" and Bolas use "Bola-Skill", which is particularly unhelpful.  Most races have much clearer weapon documentation, but I spent half an hour the other week trying to find that particular tidbit of info, and was unsuccessful, so...

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 26, 2014, 04:20:34 am »

Still doing manuals.

With the addition of so many new races, I want to merge them all together. Make ONE manual, which includes all races, the general changes and the quickguides. Currently doing more html and css than everything else.

Looks like this atm:

Looking good, will this remove the frames too?

Also I may suggest to use a non serif font for the text, does Verdana make the paragraphs easier to read?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 26, 2014, 06:19:02 am »

Yay, shinies!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #187 on: June 26, 2014, 06:26:59 am »

There are still 2 frames. One with the navigation on the left, and the main page. I suck at html/css. Progress is quite slow, too... its 81 pages in total. I got 18 done so far...

And doing the Succubus, Orc and Gnomes manuals myself will be hard, because I dont know all the content by hand. I want all races to have the same setup in the manual, so people can easily find stuff. The sub menu looks like this:

Obviously thats difficult if Succubi should maybe kinda have an extra tab about magic, while gnomes have extra tech, and orcs raiding...
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 26, 2014, 06:28:32 am »

Call the magic/tech/raiding thing 'special features'.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 26, 2014, 07:02:35 am »

I dispatched magic in the building and trick pages. You can pick the content in the last available download (second post in the civ thread).

If you have any problem with html/css I can take a look (it's my paid job after all).  :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #190 on: June 26, 2014, 11:30:04 am »

Dev Log - Day 8

I worked on manuals. I want to merge all manuals into one, because many things are listed in all of them, which is redundant, and with the addition of so many race, the manuals have become quite high in number. The merging is actually a large project in itself, it will have 80 different html pages when its done.

Here a preview, with a responsive menu on the left:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Boltgun, who is a professional designer, offered to have a look over it, so I send him the files for now, and will concentrate on humans myself again. Once he gives me the Ok and the improved files, I will start adding more content to the manual. I might do a thread to collect community entries for it as well, because I am always unsure what exactly players need/want in it. That comes from coding/modding myself, its all crystal clear, isnt it, how all the features work and interlock? No?

I also had another idea for the humans: Universities. Their skill training reactions will be "Hire a teacher" from different civs, and than study in a university. I think I will make 1 large university and you can hire teacher from visiting caravans. Then pay gold to have them teach you.

Made university designs:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 8 - University and Manual Design
« Reply #191 on: June 26, 2014, 11:54:35 am »

CHOSING a civ? CHOSING?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #192 on: June 26, 2014, 12:02:58 pm »

CHOSING a civ? CHOSING?
Apparently my english sucks. I must have thought of lose and loose.  :-[ Maybe I should just write the Benutzer-Handbuch in German.

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 26, 2014, 02:19:44 pm »

I'd finally start learning German like I've been wanting to.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 26, 2014, 05:27:59 pm »

CHOSING a civ? CHOSING?
Apparently my english sucks. I must have thought of lose and loose.  :-[ Maybe I should just write the Benutzer-Handbuch in German.

Don't worry about it, it's one of those rule-exceptions where everything made sense until consistent (and contradictory) spelling was invented in the 1700s.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37