Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37

Author Topic: 30 Days of Modding - Day 30 - Done!  (Read 70001 times)

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 5 - Mod Update
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2014, 04:55:05 am »

So, with more tiles available, can you work around the "two races in one civ" problem? Or are those hardcoded?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2014, 05:30:57 am »

So, with more tiles available, can you work around the "two races in one civ" problem? Or are those hardcoded?
Its among the suggestions I made to mifki, the author of the plugin. But he has a lot to do.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2014, 09:45:16 am »

Dev Log - Day 6

Long day today. Worked on humans. You remember the building designs I posted a while ago? I made 10 more, which makes it 39 total. They are all proper buildings now, and have reactions to toggle between them. 'Councils can be changed, Guildhalls buy permits, Traders and Workshops get outfitted with race specific versions. They are otherwise empty, no reactions, except the upgradebuilding ones. Similar system to the kobold workshops, just that the humans get a much more interesting system with this.

Renting out a workshop/merchant stall to another race is limited by time, and gives you gold coins automatically. Yeah, capitalism :)

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 6 - Human Buildings
« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2014, 09:57:39 am »

Will just go ahead and say, if you can buy the gadget gear that gnomes use, humans are going to be ridiculously overpowered.

I've had single gnomes taking out entire sieges while geared in mithril gadget gear. Can't even imagine how crazy humans would be with the massive attribute boosts, no stun, no pain, 2x speed, etc.

It would have to be toned down versions.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2014, 09:59:00 am »

Humans are supposed to be easy to play. They should be good for new players and allow a glimpse into the items, materials and mechanics of all other races.

But it obviously depends what kind of gadgets they can buy in the end. I havent even started with that, but I try not to take the too overpowered ones. ;)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2014, 10:06:12 am »

Combined cost as well as not being as effective (but still pretty damned good,) say the equipment is refitted for human use on site: It's built with gnomes in mind so the gears and such are under a little more strain being modified for a larger creature, resulting in a slight drop in performance. It would indeed be odd if gnomes built their gear for other races off the bat besides special orders. Of course that'd require a set of clockwork/gadget gear separate for the humans (which would probably be more irritating than useful,) but I'm just throwing out ideas.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #141 on: June 24, 2014, 10:18:13 am »

It will be very simpel.

- Get gnome caravan
 - Buy trade licence
 - Build gnome merchant
 - Give coins, gain item

Thats the basic idea. The alternative to the merchant stall is a workshop. Works the same way, just with materials instead of coins that go in.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2014, 10:28:46 am »

Combined cost as well as not being as effective (but still pretty damned good,) say the equipment is refitted for human use on site: It's built with gnomes in mind so the gears and such are under a little more strain being modified for a larger creature, resulting in a slight drop in performance. It would indeed be odd if gnomes built their gear for other races off the bat besides special orders. Of course that'd require a set of clockwork/gadget gear separate for the humans (which would probably be more irritating than useful,) but I'm just throwing out ideas.

Actually, since all the effects work with syndromes, you could just make the items have separate syndromes for gnomes and non-gnomes using affected/immune creature specifications.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2014, 10:45:54 am »

Yes. Copy all syndromes, reduce them by 25% or so, and add a different syn_affected_creature. Or even something negative. Goblin steals gnomish rocket boots, blows himself up. :)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2014, 10:53:54 am »

Yes. Copy all syndromes, reduce them by 25% or so, and add a different syn_affected_creature. Or even something negative. Goblin steals gnomish rocket boots, blows himself up. :)

...That would actually be hilarious to see.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2014, 01:17:30 pm »

I am testing something else, and I think almost all people will like it. Now that I can alter filenames freely without messing up the GUI, and since inorganic files are not across all tilesets, but only one set, I can sort the entries by type, alphabetically and add some titles.

it will be a ton of work, but here a quick preview into the stone stockpile. I can do titles. :)

jonveck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2014, 01:34:13 pm »

Oh man!  Regarding sorting, would that apply to the [Z]Stones menu?  I find it more convenient to use it to tell workshops which materials to use rather than, say, using [Z]Stocks to forbid all but one stone type, but the list of materials is becoming ridiculously long and jumbled up.  I think it's worth it to get all the cool new things you're adding, but if we were able to get the best of both worlds -- lots of new mats and a well organized mats screen -- that would be incredible.

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2014, 01:50:30 pm »

Humans are looking good. Versatile. Sorting is welcome news.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #148 on: June 24, 2014, 02:01:42 pm »

Yes, that includes the stone stocks screen, which will get category titles just like the workshop menu has. I will also delete most of these weird entries, if I can. I already have 28 entries removed. :)

See here, sorted alphabetically and/or in groups:

GreyPowerVan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 24, 2014, 02:13:12 pm »

Oh man, things being sorted out would be so sweet! Meph you're a genius haha.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37