Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 37

Author Topic: 30 Days of Modding - Day 30 - Done!  (Read 69999 times)

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 3 - DO ALL THE GRAPHICS!
« Reply #120 on: June 22, 2014, 07:24:08 am »

Kobold Abyssal Temple is completely bugged.

All of the reactions are for "BUILDING:KOBOLD_ABYSS", but the building is "[BUILDING_FURNACE:KOBOLD_FOOCCUBUS_ABYSS]"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #121 on: June 22, 2014, 07:25:58 am »

Dev Log - Day 4

I made more graphics today. Yesterday was weapons, armor and ammo. Today I finished food, trap comps and instruments. I did a lot of testing with different plugins (stonesense overlay, and a look at updating to dfhack r5). I released a vanilla DF version which includes graphics for all items, which you can find here.

The new graphics for Masterwork are done with this. All that is needed is adding it as an option to the GUI, and deciding on which tilesets to support. I think one 16x and one 24x set would be fine.

I also made legends for the tiles. A few I posted already.

Spoiler: Food Legend (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Instrument Legend (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Trap Comp Legend (click to show/hide)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vabalokis

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McKneeGrow
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 4 - More graphics.
« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2014, 07:52:46 am »

requesting spacefox for new grafix support

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 22, 2014, 08:06:34 am »

Gnome sieges are the most pathetic thing ever.

Come in riding skunks that go flying whenever hit, while their equipment consists of a gold sword, a gold helmet, and a shield.

Should at least give them mechanical mounts or something.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 22, 2014, 09:25:51 am »

Blacksmoke furnace is also not working for bolds

[BUILDING_FURNACE:KOBOLD_ORC_BLACKSMOKE]

and

[BUILDING:KOBOLD_BLACKSMOKE:CUSTOM_NONE]

No matchy

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2014, 09:42:53 am »

Gnome sieges are the most pathetic thing ever.

Come in riding skunks that go flying whenever hit, while their equipment consists of a gold sword, a gold helmet, and a shield.

Should at least give them mechanical mounts or something.
They do look fabulous though

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2014, 12:00:31 pm »

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2014, 12:01:39 pm »

Well... ehm... proudly proclaim that Kobolds are supposed to be hard to play, and call it a feature? I really dont know why it shouldnt work, or what else I could do affect it. Entity files only have these entries for siege timing.

This has been reported in the kobold thread by myself and others many times. I have not played for about 6 months but when i did i ALWAYS got sieged very very early by aforce of armoured enemies that outnumbered my entire population.If I remember correctly just after the hardcoded 2 migration waves or maybe after the 3rd. like 12 times by dwarves and once by elves. I grew to like as an extreme challange but unless very lucky there is no way to defend exept to lock yourself in

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2014, 03:43:38 pm »

ver 5.08 graphics test
the kobolds are friendly with towers (displays no trade)
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #129 on: June 22, 2014, 05:19:35 pm »

hey that's not an oboe! that's a bassoon!

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 22, 2014, 07:13:44 pm »

Bug: 5.08 - Graphics Test:
When I set gnomes playable in the GUI, They still have the dwarf embark profiles.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2014, 09:39:22 pm »

Well... ehm... proudly proclaim that Kobolds are supposed to be hard to play, and call it a feature? I really dont know why it shouldnt work, or what else I could do affect it. Entity files only have these entries for siege timing.

This has been reported in the kobold thread by myself and others many times. I have not played for about 6 months but when i did i ALWAYS got sieged very very early by aforce of armoured enemies that outnumbered my entire population.If I remember correctly just after the hardcoded 2 migration waves or maybe after the 3rd. like 12 times by dwarves and once by elves. I grew to like as an extreme challange but unless very lucky there is no way to defend exept to lock yourself in
I raised the siege triggers after I got those reports. Seems it didnt work.

hey that's not an oboe! that's a bassoon!
You can make that out on 24 pixels ? :D

Bug: 5.08 - Graphics Test:
When I set gnomes playable in the GUI, They still have the dwarf embark profiles.
This will be fixed. Splinterz send me a fix already.

ver 5.08 graphics test
the kobolds are friendly with towers (displays no trade)
depends on the mage in the tower... its probably a geomancer or other non-necro mage.

Omniclasm: All noted. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #132 on: June 23, 2014, 12:52:13 am »

All right, I think I got the graphics done for now. Now back to modding Kobolds and making everything pretty for the next mod update. :)

Graphics are now designed for 16x16, this means it looks best on a 1280 resolution.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 01:04:17 am by Meph »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #133 on: June 23, 2014, 11:06:13 am »

Dev Log - Day 5

Today I made the new mod update. Mostly consisted of making screenshots, the legends for the graphics, testing, more testing (mostly with the Stonesense overlay), the forum post and bundling everything up. Thats all. :)

Update to be found here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139625.0

I also opened this thread, for people that want to have a look at Stonesense: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139623.0

PS: I did not do the kobold manual yet, I thought it was more important to get the graphics/races out to people so they can play and test them. :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 11:27:20 am by Meph »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 5 - Mod Update
« Reply #134 on: June 23, 2014, 12:32:29 pm »

I saw Spawn of Holisitc on the OP, and my first thought was thus: All of my yes if they're as tough as hell as I remember. Pretty sure many dwarves would have died to their claws had there been anything less than adamantine covering thier heads. The banshee race sounds considerably less broken diversified as an assortment of vengeful spirits/spirit-like creatures.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 37