Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37

Author Topic: 30 Days of Modding - Day 30 - Done!  (Read 69994 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 3 - DO ALL THE GRAPHICS!
« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2014, 11:40:45 pm »

Found the version with the updated kobolds. My thoughts so far:

- While the Breeding Warren pregnancy thing is really cool thematically, it takes away one of the major advantages of kobolds...being able to "make new kobolds" on demand, especialy making caste relevant kobolds. Being able to instantly make 10 combat caste kobolds for a new squad was awesome. Making kids, hoping for the best, and waiting a year kind of kills that advantage.

- Tents and lodge should have a "reset to tent" type of thing rather than have the refurbish be one way only.

- You can buy spirit bears? Aren't those shapeshifted kobolds?
1. intended.
2. Good idea, will add it.
3. Yes, but you can now also have them as pets. E.g. druid permanently summons a spirit bear or so.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2014, 12:06:54 am »

Second kobold thoughts:

- Orc snatchers before the end of the first summer, annoying but manageable, only two instant deaths while building walls.

- Dwarf siege first autumn, dead

Whatever the GUI is doing to control when civs invade isn't working. Dwarves are set to "very late", not "when you have 18 kobolds".
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 12:11:33 am by omniclasm »

Crysalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2014, 12:27:35 am »

being able to "make new kobolds" on demand, especialy making caste relevant kobolds.
So maybe remake caste sistem and make it more like guilds, newbron kobold should go to lodge of cast that he want to join and go threw some ritual, with some easy reagents, like herbs and wood?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2014, 12:31:41 am »

I am already adding Guilds to humans. Kobold birthsigns are random. I actually prefer the extra "work" of waitin one year.

Strange about the dwarven siege. Maybe you were at WAR with them in worldgen? Because the GUI sets the siege triggers up, it does work for sure.

And some graphical work:

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2014, 02:20:36 am »

Second kobold embark, new world, no war, sieged first autumn again.

Probably worth mentioning that even after your changes a few versions ago that was supposed to move back the siege, they still regularly happened the first autumn for me.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2014, 02:24:01 am »

But the only thing I can do is changing the triggers in the entity file. Could you check them in the dwarf file? Are they on 5 ?

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2014, 02:34:20 am »

If its blurry,its only because your screen is not set to 1920x width.

If I tell my partner I have to buy a new monitor so I can play DF, I may end up single.
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2014, 02:37:45 am »

Lol.

You can also use a 16x tileset, which will look non-blurry, but the quality of the new tiles, the ones I use for items, will be lower. It would compress them from 24x to 16x automatically. So overall you would have the same tileset as before, with slightly blurry item tiles.

And more graphics done:

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2014, 02:44:30 am »

But the only thing I can do is changing the triggers in the entity file. Could you check them in the dwarf file? Are they on 5 ?

I looked, and they are set to 5.

Weird. Then again, Orcs are also set to 2, and I had less than 20 bolds when they sent snatchers.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2014, 02:48:35 am »

Well... ehm... proudly proclaim that Kobolds are supposed to be hard to play, and call it a feature? I really dont know why it shouldnt work, or what else I could do affect it. Entity files only have these entries for siege timing.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2014, 03:46:26 am »

I love the new graphics, I wonder if we'll be able to use that for workshops too.

Vabalokis

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McKneeGrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2014, 03:56:41 am »

dem grafix

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2014, 04:38:48 am »

Graphics are amazing.

The blurry font hurts my head, though. And the inability to use truetype means that I can't even read half the reactions.

For example, one reaction for kobolds currently reads "Create blunt totemham(Alt+k)". Normally, I'd be able to press F12, see what it says, then F12 back, but that doesn't seem to work now.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2014, 04:45:00 am »

I love the new graphics, I wonder if we'll be able to use that for workshops too.
Currently not, but its planned. You can then make unlimited tilesets (Succubus Building 1.png, Succubus Building 2.png, etc) and import any graphics you like. I tested it with a 4x3 workshop, using this image. It sadly doesnt work yet, but in future updates you should be able to fully import any png for buildings.

The blurry font hurts my head, though. And the inability to use truetype means that I can't even read half the reactions.

For example, one reaction for kobolds currently reads "Create blunt totemham(Alt+k)". Normally, I'd be able to press F12, see what it says, then F12 back, but that doesn't seem to work now.
Is your resolution on 1920 or higher? TrueType will hopefully be resolved with using non-square text tilesets... I requested this, I hope mifki can deliver. Its one of my main issues with TwbT as well.

You can press tab however, to get the large menu and see the full reaction name (?)

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 22, 2014, 05:25:33 am »

Wow, after YEARS of playing DF, I've never used the bigger menu.

Funny how that works.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37