Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37

Author Topic: 30 Days of Modding - Day 30 - Done!  (Read 69967 times)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 2 - Kobolds... wait, what? Bolds?
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2014, 03:06:19 pm »

Awesome. I am excited that kobolds got some love and that you're finding good ways to expand the workshop trees. That should help people (me atleast) figure out what workshops to build next.

Are the wood shovels soil only?

If I recall correctly, discussions said the shovels were to be used for dirt in 99% of cases, but if you were pressed you could dig through a 'single' block of stone, and break it immediately.
No one ever said that. ^^

Shovels work like this: They are a normal DIGGER item, just like a pick. But you can only make them in a custom reaction in the Dirt Digger workshop. They cost 3 wood logs. They automatically deteriorate, with a shell life of about 1 ingame week, regardless of use. They can mine both soil and rocks. But since rocks are deeper and take longer, you get much more done in the soil levels.

In the early game you can dig some hovels, maybe a moat, a bit of farming area. You might even dig a straight stair down into the caverns. But to mine out large areas of rock and ore, you will need lots of bolds, lots of shovels, and you will run out of wood sooner or later.

Kobolds no longer have access to picks. You cant make them, you cant steal them, you dont have tradepartners that trade them... its only the shovels.

did the toad brew get fix
What exactly do you mean? I did split the long syndrome into 53 smaller syndromes, so the bug that ended marghells community fort got fixed. Is that the one you mean?
Yes that one that causes the bolds to turn in sheep or goats, It was a funny bug any ways.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2014, 03:26:51 pm »

Welp shovels are gonna be annoying to make and will burn through my wood stockpile.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2014, 03:52:37 pm »

Welp shovels are gonna be annoying to make and will burn through my wood stockpile.
as is intended.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2014, 05:09:15 pm »

Did you get my butchery fix in? It should affect bolds too.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2014, 05:23:37 pm »

I have the script here, havent tested it yet. I am playing around with "text will be text" atm. But I will add it before the next update.

How is your AoE poison coating idea coming along?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

somebears

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2014, 05:34:33 pm »

Speaking of updates; what is your plan with the new dfhack and df_vanilla?

As the new release will most likely fall into the 30 days I am interested if you try to convert the mod to the next version or if you want to stick to the current version?

As for dfhack, there has been a new release (r5) today and I was wondering what the chances are to see that in the new release.

keep up the good work!

somebears

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2014, 05:35:08 pm »

Yeah, poison thing is mostly done.

I've been waiting for the raws consolidation to make adding the "poison barrel" building more straightforward.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2014, 05:54:48 pm »

Yeah, poison thing is mostly done.

I've been waiting for the raws consolidation to make adding the "poison barrel" building more straightforward.
What do you mean? Need any help with raws?

somebears: I have answered that half a dozen times already. ^^ Developement will continue parallel for a while.

somebears

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2014, 02:03:18 am »

somebears: I have answered that half a dozen times already. ^^ Developement will continue parallel for a while.
meh, sorry.
 I looked over this thread and could not find it. But I think my question goes in a slightly different direction ( that was at least my intention).
I am just curious if you want to start the conversion during the 30 days. :)

Does the parallel developement also count for dfhack? Because that dfhack release is likely to be the last for the current df_vanilla version

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2014, 09:39:48 am »

Dev Log - Day 3

As promised, I worked on the Kobolds, finished their manual and... lol, who am I kidding? I didnt do any of that, instead I sat down for 14h and made pixel art. The text-will-be-text plugin is awesome and a true gamechanger. See for yourself.

Mifkis amazing plugin allows unlimited tiles to be used for DF. No longer limited to 256, modders can now give each individual item its own tile. With this I made a set of 4 tilesets. One for graphics, plants, grasses, inorganics, buildings. A Second for text. A Third for weapons and ammo. A Fourth for armors, shields, pants, shoes, gloves, helms.

The graphics tileset is my MasterworkDF mod tileset. The text tileset is a slightly modified Cheepicus from the tileset repository on the wiki. The item sets I made today.

Text Preview (Main Menu)

Armor & Shield Set

Weapon & Ammo Set

Proof of Concept: Stockpiles with bronze, steel and mithril items

Edit: Here a test version. Includes a save with some items lying around. The human distillery has a "test graphics" reaction, which spawns a few free items to check out. https://www.dropbox.com/s/opior7xvqrvxqq3/MasterworkDF%20V.5.08%20-%20Graphics%20Test.7z
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 01:08:43 pm by Meph »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 3 - DO ALL THE GRAPHICS!
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2014, 10:24:16 am »

Bloody hell that's awesome!

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2014, 10:40:53 am »

Can you give a guide to what the letters next to them mean?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2014, 11:07:21 am »

Can you give a guide to what the letters next to them mean?
Sure.

'+' = Superior item, from the weaponry, upgrade lvl1.
'++' = Legendary item, from the weaponry, upgrade lvl2.
'T' = Training weapon.
'A' = Ammo. Only put on tiles that might not look like ammo at first glance, like 'Ivy Tendrils' for orc magic weapons, or the 'Cage-o-matic-Device' for gnomes.
'R' = Ranged weapon. Counterpart to the 'A' above, this is added to weapons that dont look like ranged weapons at first glance, like the 'Wraithblade' or 'Mage Staff'.
'B', 'H', 'P' = Added to bolts, arrows and javelins. Stands for broadhead, hammerhead and piercing, the three new ammo types. Alternatively you can also see that I added graphically different ammo tiles, but I prefer the ones with the letter.
'M' = Makeshift armor. Used by Orcs.
'U', 'C', 'O', 'L' = Orcish masks. Ulfzerker, Clanguard, Lupine, Opaque masks. Might add unique tiles later.

When compressed to 16x16, these letters are not readable. I either have to make them larger, or set the default to 24x24, which requires a 1920 resolution on your PC.

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2014, 11:08:23 am »

@somebears
meph has already stated that he will be waiting 100% on the utilities to be updated to work with the new version, ESPECIALLY dfhack, because so much of his mod relies on them. Until the utilities get upgraded for new version, he cannot, and will not convert the mod to the DF2014.

@meph
that is f***ing AWESOME!!!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2014, 11:12:35 am »

I might be able to use tilemagic, in addition to changing the colors of metals, to get them displayed with 2 colors. For example a pick could have a brown handle, and a material-color pick end. Or a battle axe gets a wooden handle and material-color blade.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37