Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37

Author Topic: 30 Days of Modding - Day 30 - Done!  (Read 69940 times)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 1 - Wailing Banshees and infected Werewolves
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2014, 06:11:21 pm »

Moonsilver is the one you are thinking of

I was thinking of cold iron there... which is often used for meteorite, which we already have in the mod ;)

That would be extremely harsh, as meteorite is surpassingly rare.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2014, 07:37:41 pm »

Tears of Armok are still messed up with harder mining off.  Though now they come in as SLADE_DECO in prospect.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2014, 07:53:19 pm »

Tears of Armok are still messed up with harder mining off.  Though now they come in as SLADE_DECO in prospect.
thanks for reminding me, its fixed now.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2014, 08:36:49 pm »

Moonsilver is the one you are thinking of

I was thinking of cold iron there... which is often used for meteorite, which we already have in the mod ;)

That would be extremely harsh, as meteorite is surpassingly rare.

Even better then, grab yourself a site with meteorite and you might be able to equip one dwarf to be your evil-slaying champion. Although i think cold iron was more of a fae-slaying thing....Can we have a fae-invader race Meph? ;) more work, more work, more work!

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2014, 09:05:54 pm »

silver/moonsilver for damaging certain evil entities and conversely, shadesilver for certain good entities seems like a good mix overall. More than that might be interesting, might be too much specialization to ask for. As it stands, having a few "witcher" dwarves with silver weapons will be useful.

How about this idea for banshees: its cry 'marks' a target with a visible flashing symbol that flashes faster and faster over the course of a year, after which they die.  It's a little closer to the original banshee myth, less intense than instant death, and gives you a prime choice for any suicide missions that crop up over the course of the year.

Seems like it would suit the shades more to put some lingering death curse on a dwarf. The proposed effect of negative thoughts and sleep/break interruptions fortress-wide  is a whole new mechanic, things that cause death are numerous. As of now it doesn't truly bother dwarves to hole up and wait out a siege, if there basic needs are met. adding a psychological enemy to the mix that affects everyone unless the offense is taken is unique.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 09:09:48 pm by SIGVARDR »

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2014, 10:09:36 pm »

Will silver runes work against the werewolves?  If the runes made weapons do enough damage to kill them, that would be nice.

Denisac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2014, 10:19:55 pm »

[v5.08] Javelins sub-types are not in the default list for archer squads on the ammunition screen (but hunters have them by default).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2014, 10:28:34 pm »

[v5.08] Javelins sub-types are not in the default list for archer squads on the ammunition screen (but hunters have them by default).
This is not the place for bugreports. Anyway, this cant be changed.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Crysalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2014, 12:45:36 am »

Warlocks shouldnt trade... maybe. Havent decided yet.
Why not? They can sell some magic instruments and get what they want, some rare metals, plants, gems, pets and ect. I think it logical for evil warlock fort) But u should defend caravans from zombies.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2014, 12:58:22 am »

Because they might spawn all-skeleton caravans (opposed to life) and that ends in disaster.

Endovior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2014, 02:34:17 am »

Not sure if this is a helpful suggestion, but it seems to me that races should only trade with other races of the same faction.  So warlocks, if they did trade at all, would only trade with other warlocks... unless automatons, banshees, or (somewhat more plausibly) frost giants also do the caravan thing.

Of course, that may not be feasible.  It's not immediately clear just how the faction system works, especially in terms of "what happens if people randomly make warlocks civilized" or whatever.  And I can definitely see problems with 'friendly' caravans showing up which immediately go opposed-to-life and start attacking.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2014, 02:46:28 am »

They do that already. They only trade within the faction, except that I removed trading for werewolves, banshees, frost giants, automatons, naga and centauren. This means the kobolds and warlocks are on their own. But Succubi get drow, orc and goblin caravans for example, and gnomes would get human, elf and dwarf caravans.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2014, 02:51:20 am »

Because they might spawn all-skeleton caravans (opposed to life) and that ends in disaster.

Warlocks sending a kill team instead of a caravan every now and then? Seems kind of fitting to be honest...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2014, 02:56:55 am »

Well, they do kill their pull/pack-animals as soon as they enter the map, and then leave, leaving all the items lying around on the map edge. Its not really a kill team, more of a gift-giving team.

Crysalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2014, 02:58:42 am »

But why they cant trade with other civs? Esp. humans.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37