Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37

Author Topic: 30 Days of Modding - Day 30 - Done!  (Read 70067 times)

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 16 - Test-release of Humans !!!
« Reply #345 on: July 06, 2014, 04:50:03 pm »

If I might get some clarification, for that Prayer system that makes Gods less Lazy, is that used for ALL of the races so far, on only certain ones at the moment. Also what exactly is the name of the building that they will Pray at?

Also, woohoo! Humies! *downloading*

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 06, 2014, 06:16:50 pm »

The "*Rent to humans (year)*" reaction doesn't seem to work. My human takes 1 contract to the stall, runs the reaction... And nothing happens, except that the stall now has a "merchant license". No coins, and no change. Which is strange, because it worked before.
EDIT: I tried the season one, and he took another license to another stall and set up there. Still no coins though.
Also, is there any good way to get gold coins early? Stupid moneychanger. Didn't bring enough gold ore on embark.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 06:35:03 pm by palu »
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 06, 2014, 07:43:18 pm »

The human caravan brought two liasons, one gave me the dwarf greeting ("Greetings from the mountainhomes"), and the other, a herbalist, the human one.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #348 on: July 07, 2014, 07:05:51 am »

The "*Rent to humans (year)*" reaction doesn't seem to work. My human takes 1 contract to the stall, runs the reaction... And nothing happens, except that the stall now has a "merchant license". No coins, and no change. Which is strange, because it worked before.
EDIT: I tried the season one, and he took another license to another stall and set up there. Still no coins though.
Also, is there any good way to get gold coins early? Stupid moneychanger. Didn't bring enough gold ore on embark.
human merchants dont give coins. otherwise you could spam 100 wooden contracts in your craftmans shop and get rich quick.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 07, 2014, 07:28:01 pm »

Yea getting the gold necessary for the money exchange building is near-high impossible when combined with the human's weakness at mining.   

Open air strip mining, but then again for those of us who prefer not having vast swaths of ground torn up for whatever reason, strip mining leaves imports as the only option.

'Course I'm also of the opinion that reverse cave adaptation is more of an annoying arbitrary decision (what with a single day passing exceedingly quickly in fort mode, never mind a week or more) to force you to stay on the surface and makes even doing shaft mining, even just to figure out what exactly you have without ripping up tons of shit you don't want, extremely difficult/impossible.

I may give this version a go to see about that for myself, but I'm not liking the forced strip mining stuff that seems to be required and is painfully inefficient even by human standards. Then again I'm also against strip mining period because it often results in unnecessary map clutter that takes forever to get rid of/make any kind of use of.

I have to echo this sentiment. While the concept behind penalizing you for trying to live underground is sound, I think 1-7 ingame days is far too fast. After all, humans have for millenia used shaft mining to gather materials.

So I propose lengthening the time before hallucinations, etc. kick in. Perhaps a month in-game? That'll still effectively prevent underground dwellings, while allowing for shaft mining, yet still incentivizing open-air pit mining.

Thoughts?
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 07, 2014, 07:36:56 pm »

Just buy cutebold torchbearers. Problem solved.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 07, 2014, 08:01:43 pm »

"Can i put it down now sir?"
"No! Now go back to work!"
"Ok :("

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 07, 2014, 09:04:59 pm »

Sorry, not super knowledgeable. What is this?
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 07, 2014, 09:07:27 pm »

From what I gather, you can hire little adorable doggy things that hold torches from the aforementioned little adorable doggy things at their stall or some such. Haven't actually played humans yet. Distracted by DF 2014.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 07, 2014, 09:09:26 pm »

From what I gather, you can hire little adorable doggy things that hold torches from the aforementioned little adorable doggy things at their stall or some such. Haven't actually played humans yet. Distracted by DF 2014.

Oh fuck, it's out?!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 07, 2014, 10:00:46 pm »

Oh fuck, it's out?!

Yep. That's why the forums are spasming.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 08, 2014, 04:15:55 am »

I hope it's not that many work for meph and the other modders. :-\ I think i can not play DF without masterwork anymore. :D

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 08, 2014, 04:47:25 am »

I hope it's not that many work for meph and the other modders. :-\ I think i can not play DF without masterwork anymore. :D
From what I've read of the new features their probably going have to go back and test all the features. I feel really sorry for the dfhack guys!

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 08, 2014, 04:51:42 am »

Uh... i think that looks like i can play DF in a few months. I hope the modders do the magic they do all the time... and fast... and not so fast that they throw the modding over but... but aahhh...

At the time meph finish the update i think i build him a shrine in the game. :P

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 08, 2014, 09:29:41 am »

Correction: my proposed idea for a feature. Whether or not it is feasible and cohesive with the rest of the mod has not been determined by Meph.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37