Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37

Author Topic: 30 Days of Modding - Day 30 - Done!  (Read 69992 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 6 - Human Buildings
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2014, 02:20:41 pm »

Sorting stuff alphabetically is not really what I would call genius. :P Its more... tedious? Lots of "read, cut, scroll, paste, scroll back, rinse, repeat". :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2014, 02:52:40 pm »

I've been waiting for this. Please do it!
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

burrito25man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 24, 2014, 10:32:09 pm »

Yes, that includes the stone stocks screen, which will get category titles just like the workshop menu has. I will also delete most of these weird entries, if I can. I already have 28 entries removed. :)

:D :D That is absolutely fantastic!
It's a slippery slope.  You start out modding, then move on to hard DFHacking, and next thing you know you're making your own games...

LUA Script: Workaround for butchering Sentients
 - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165414.0

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2014, 12:01:45 am »

Hell yeah Meph!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #154 on: June 25, 2014, 12:02:31 am »

Right on, I'll continue with that then. Its also cross-race, so all playable races get the benefits.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

cephelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2014, 01:08:22 am »

Hey Meph, what text editor do you use for this? You should try an editor with split view (like Sublime Text) if you don't already -- you can keep the same file open on the left and right sides of a screen, scrolled to different positions. It's a lifesaver when refactoring code -- probably for raws, too.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2014, 01:20:50 am »

Notepad++, but I use BeyondCompare for split screens. It can even compare pngs or .dll or hex entries in a compiled exe.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2014, 02:39:12 am »

As a suggestion, can the item tilesets receive a neutral background? The checkerboard does not really match the stockpile and it's a bit hard to read on 16x16.

By the way, rendermax does not work anymore. This is not surprising that text will be text crashes it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2014, 02:43:12 am »

Rendermax doesnt work even outside of TwbT ?

The items do have exactly the checkerboard that is used by stockpiles in the default tileset/phoebus. Just the color differs, because they take on the color of the item.

I tried a neutral black background first, but people said: No, we want something else.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2014, 03:21:11 am »

Rendermax doesnt work even outside of TwbT ?

The items do have exactly the checkerboard that is used by stockpiles in the default tileset/phoebus. Just the color differs, because they take on the color of the item.

I tried a neutral black background first, but people said: No, we want something else.

I did not try outside of TwbT, it's too awesome to read punctuation again.

If the people said no, then it's no.  :P The checker board seems twice as large as an empty slot but maybe it is because of the size difference. Nope I was not looking close enough.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 03:29:51 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #160 on: June 25, 2014, 03:39:15 am »

I tried floor tiles first, was hard to identify. Then I used solid black, which was very clear, but people said "no, we want some background". So I tried the stockpile background, because the items will most likely be displayed inside of stockpiles anyway...

If you play with a 24x tileset it should be much, much clearer. I plan to make one at some point.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 25, 2014, 03:44:40 am »

A 24 tileset would be nice, it will probably take ma a year to make 24x succubi sprites considering how meh I am at graphics.  :P

Stonesense sprites might be easier for me to do as I will piece them together from other sprites. (human + horns + hooves, there you go, next!)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #162 on: June 25, 2014, 03:46:48 am »

I thought about taking a 16x16 tileset and cleverly upscaling it :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #163 on: June 25, 2014, 05:30:41 am »

Dev Log - Day 7

Today I updated Roses scripts to 1.1 and fixed all the syntax in the raws for that.

I sorted the stockpiles, removed more inorganics, all of which falls under the category of Raw Cleanup. I added some balancing changes and fixes and made another mod update. :) I dont want to post the changelog twice, so just have a look at the update thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139625.msg5402333#msg5402333

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 25, 2014, 08:10:40 am »

I like the checker background shifting color. Helpful on the small items like ammo to see the difference between the bone ammo vs metals.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37