- 0 (0%)
Mocking players gently.
- 0 (0%)
Root beer.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 21, 2014, 05:58:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30

Author Topic: A Nonsensical Journey! Zone 1, Turn 16 - Waitlister Watching?  (Read 37818 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Amuse Me! Turn 4 - Keheheh!
« Reply #195 on: June 22, 2014, 03:02:23 pm »

((Since their is so few female item bearers in this game I pick the female list.))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 22, 2014, 04:49:06 pm »

Daniel takes this moment to speak up.

"Well, you could always stay here with me forever, but the only way out of the room requires you to pick one. No rush, though, your friends are safe for the time being."
Take a closer look at this text!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 22, 2014, 04:51:21 pm »

Well you seem fun to talk to, any reason why I shouldn't stay and chat until the end of time and beyond?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 22, 2014, 04:55:37 pm »

"You'll die. You still require both food and water, both of which this room happens to be lacking. As for your friend, he's absolutely right about this being a game, and there is a way to win, although I'm not allowed to tell you what it is. Besides, the rest of your group is currently waiting on you."

((The only one I don't have a clear action from is BadLemons. The answer to your question is already written up.))
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 05:01:25 pm by Lyeos »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 22, 2014, 05:02:48 pm »

So what does each tile do and mean?

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #200 on: June 22, 2014, 06:16:08 pm »

Stay and listen to what Daniel says to Rivae then pick the tile that Rivae picks
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #201 on: June 22, 2014, 10:53:50 pm »

Talk to the others in limbo - So, what did you all pick? Me, I picked the clerics.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 11:01:25 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 22, 2014, 11:00:23 pm »

Talk to the others in limbo - So, what did you all pick?
I got the wizard, and he broke my bones. You?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 22, 2014, 11:12:24 pm »

"I thought I chose the fighter, but I guess I chose the dragon. Those tapestries were misleading. Oh well, hopefully I get something out of it."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 22, 2014, 11:15:32 pm »

What's the difference? They were the same Tapestry. Right?
The Cyan Menace

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 22, 2014, 11:21:48 pm »

"The difference is that I might not have had my arms cut off if the Warrior was the actual option the tapestry represented. Just like the option you chose was probably the thing in the box, not the wizard. Damn tricky tapestries.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 22, 2014, 11:26:56 pm »

Oh, fun. I guess that means I might be able to shoot blood at people or something. Mighty useful... not. Not unless I could form it into a sword or a simulacrum of a skeletal hand or something.
The Cyan Menace

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Amuse Me! Turn 5 - Hasty Update!
« Reply #207 on: June 22, 2014, 11:28:18 pm »

What does each tile represent?
"What do you mean? The tiles don't represent anything, they're just a way to transfer power from the tapestries to those who want to use them. The only exception is the one in the middle, which does nothing but move you to the next area."

Experiment with the staff while I wait. See if squeezing it does anything, try shaking it, point it at someone and wave it about, etc.

With the power gained from the wizard's tapestry, the staff activates as soon as you squeeze it, the end giving off a light blue glow. The staff begins to pull you around this place-between-places at a fairly high speed, the direction corresponding to which direction you point it in, although you feel as though you aren't going anywhere...

Wait, lament how long [Kevak] and [BadLemons] took when they arrive.
You would, but you get a feeling that you're currently in an area out of time, and that you would still be here even if they had already arrived. You briefly consider that it doesn't make any sense, but then realize that whatever made this place obviously doesn't care, and neither should you.

Wait.
You wait so very well, you feel as though something good is going to happen to you in the next room.

"No, the person depicted in the tapestries is whose power you gain a portion of. The only problem is that you experience the thing that happened to one of their victims - never really understood that. As for the one that picked the healers, they were their own victims, in a sense."

Wait. Nicely ask Daniel to send some tea with the others.

Well, it seems the others are taking a while...
Daniel, what do you do in your spare time?

"I don't have any tea, so I'm afraid I can't send any with them. I deal in information, not items. As for what I do... I used to clean this room and make these tapestries - the ripped ones, I can't make the ones that give you power - but I can't exactly do that as a scarecrow, now can I? Of course, there were doors then as well. Used to be part of a palace, as far as I gathered, but the place was abandoned when I arrived."

Step on the hexagon with the archer tapestry.
Indeed. Unlike your previous companion that tried this, your body bursts into flames almost instantaneously, quickly charring your flesh as you experience, in all likelyhood, the single greatest source of pain you'll ever encounter. Unlike the others, you do not vanish until your body has turned to ashes.

Stay and listen to what Daniel says to Rivae then pick the tile that Rivae picks
You do listen, and will pick whenever Rivae picks.

For those stuck in darkness, a bright flash alerts you to the entrance of Herinrich to your location. Three white doors pop into existence in front of you, with the numbers five, seven, and fourteen painted on them.

"Talk about this amongst yourselves. You're apparently getting to pick where you go next, so choose carefully, and don't touch the doors until you're ready."

Got bored!
New doors.
Gotta pick.
Might matter.
What now?

blazing glory

« Reply #208 on: June 22, 2014, 11:32:22 pm »

Look around.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 22, 2014, 11:34:46 pm »

"Huh. Thanks for the info, Daniel. Also, if we ever end up in that room again and I try to pick a tapestry of a badass, somebody please remind me of what happened last time. So which should we pick? Seven seems like a good number, but fourteen is like two sevens."
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 10:53:12 pm by Beirus »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30