Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Linux: What are the known causes of crashes?  (Read 394 times)

Panando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Linux: What are the known causes of crashes?
« on: June 18, 2014, 07:05:03 pm »

I'm running linux df, dfhack, with fortress defence II mod and no other mod, on Ubuntu.

I get the odd crash. One happens when accessing the military equipment screen (I think it also happens with ammunition and supplies but it's highly sporadic), another crash just happens randomly, usually starting around second year. Anyone got any clues or workarounds?
Punch through a multi-z aquifer in under 5 minutes, video walkthrough. I post as /u/BlakeMW on reddit.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Linux: What are the known causes of crashes?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 07:52:38 pm »

I believe one of the military crashes involves creating a squad and then trying to do things to it immediately.  The workaround is to exit from the military screen after creating a squad, then to go back in and adjust all the settings.  I don't recall which things are safe to do before exiting, so I try to remember to exit promptly.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Linux: What are the known causes of crashes?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 10:11:40 pm »

Certain versions of the DFHack "search" plugin are known to crash the game if you press "e" while the cursor is over a dwarf who is not a member of the squad.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.