Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mass production of items  (Read 891 times)

lore

• Bay Watcher
  • A gamer has grown attached to a small laptop!
    • View Profile
Mass production of items
« on: June 18, 2014, 03:07:15 am »

I need to produce approx. 90 beds, but I don't want to use /Repeat or micromanage individual orders. With a limited supply of wood, I don't want to wast any on 200 beds while I wasn't paying attention. Can I use manager or something to order up exactly 90 beds, or possibly set a 90 square stockpile to give to my bedmaking shops?
Lore lets out a burst of laughter, squeaky and awkward!

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: Mass production of items
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 04:29:54 am »

Either would work, j>m manager menu would be easier. Two 40x make bed and one 10x bed orders.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 08:45:28 am »

I can't recall the limit on manager job requests, but I thought it was 30... in which case, 3 requests for 30 beds should do it.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 09:39:06 am »

I think it's 40.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 02:38:38 pm »

I think it's 40.
Good for you, but it doesn't make you any less wrong. In the future, check your "facts" before presenting them as actual fact.

And this isn't directed solely at you - plenty of other people do the same thing, and it makes things more difficult for the rest of us.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 02:41:21 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 02:49:26 pm »

An answer an hour and a half later is generally more useful to me even if it isn't perfect than a perfect answer almost half a day later. What he said about using the job manager was helpful and useful even if his exact numbers were off.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

Panando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 05:36:53 pm »

This is what programmer types are like. If you put a semicolon out of place the compiler screams at you. And subtle flaws in logic (like say, being off by one) can cause the program to crash or lock up your computer. The compulsive need for precision and correctness is nigh essential to such pursuits. If everyone was like that the world would be a horrible, horrible place but if we didn't have a few, we wouldn't have awesome things like say Dwarf Fortress, and it's tools created and honed by madmen who are comfortable with disassemblers.
Punch through a multi-z aquifer in under 5 minutes, video walkthrough. I post as /u/BlakeMW on reddit.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 07:17:01 pm »

This is what programmer types are like. If you put a semicolon out of place the compiler screams at you. And subtle flaws in logic (like say, being off by one) can cause the program to crash or lock up your computer. The compulsive need for precision and correctness is nigh essential to such pursuits. If everyone was like that the world would be a horrible, horrible place but if we didn't have a few, we wouldn't have awesome things like say Dwarf Fortress, and it's tools created and honed by madmen who are comfortable with disassemblers.
As a programmer type myself: THIS

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 07:20:59 pm »

An answer an hour and a half later is generally more useful to me even if it isn't perfect than a perfect answer almost half a day later. What he said about using the job manager was helpful and useful even if his exact numbers were off.
as an assembly macro programmer myself, this.  ;)
Not flaming, just playing!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 08:27:41 pm »

The moral of the story is:

"Check the wiki before posting."
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0