Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't find the Roc in her lair  (Read 648 times)

Grahar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can't find the Roc in her lair
« on: June 17, 2014, 04:32:34 am »

Recently, I was requested to kill a Roc named Fath Largevigor the Snake of Glaciers. This Roc was one of the favourite motifs for engravings in a long-running fortress, so I took a long trip through the Spike of Dragons, the mountain where she lives.
When I arrived at her lair, I saw no Roc, but a few undead roaming around. Since my character was a necromancer, I recruited them as minions and waited for Fath. After a short time, Fath attacked and struck down some of my minions. I threw a dagger at her, but missed. Before I had a chance to throw another object, Fath took off and left the site. I haven't seen her since.
I wandered around a bit, got rid of a kobold ambush, went back to the lair, but Fath was not there.
So how do I find this Roc? I waited at her lair for a long time, but she did not appear again.
I am an or-di-na-ry dwarf
burning down the !!fort!!

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: Can't find the Roc in her lair
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 04:33:08 am »

You could try retiring and then unretiring again. I don't know if it will work but it might.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Grahar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can't find the Roc in her lair
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 01:38:53 pm »

Tried it, but id did not work. However, I found her later (or she found me) on the other end of the world while I was out to kill a titan. Just before its shrine, kobolds and the Roc attacked me. I have no idea why she was there.
I am an or-di-na-ry dwarf
burning down the !!fort!!