Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Unliberal Tax Evasion  (Read 3555 times)

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unliberal Tax Evasion
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 06:33:01 pm »

My liberal crime squad is funded from private donations, and there's nothing wrong with reporting that!
We have a vast pool of contributors, both willing and unwilling.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2014, 10:30:30 pm »

The LCS is prepared to go against its ideals if it's to forward their cause (see: buying firearms).  I don't think they'd really pay taxes, but it would perhaps be interesting to have an IRS group that gets increasingly likely to nail all your members with evasion charges as the law gets more liberal.

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2014, 08:07:02 am »

Having a crime that might nail your founder even when trying to keep them safe might be interesting.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2014, 09:33:52 pm »

Actually, at Elite Liberal, the government should literally take over LCS funds and business front safehouses.  It's a time-honored Elite Liberal tradition called Nationalization: Taking stuff that belongs to the truly rich.

Funds should be strictly half of all available funds for any month in which the LCS has more than $10,000 in the bank.  I didn't pick that number due to any consideration of reality, as in real life few governments would look at such small change, but rather because it represents the point where the player has more money than they really need for day-to-day LCS operations.  Essentially, $10,000 in the bank is "rich" by LCS standards.
Pages: 1 [2]