Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

War with the elves of The Dyed Forest - Yea or Nay?

To arms! Death to all friends of nature!
- 32 (66.7%)
Indifferent
- 4 (8.3%)
Let peace return, we've humiliated them enough.
- 12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30

Author Topic: ☼Riverrun, a Masterwork Community Dwarf Fortress RISE AGAIN!!!☼  (Read 156605 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Riverrun, a Masterwork Community Dwarf Fortress☼
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2014, 12:16:02 pm »

And still no possessions. DAMMIT.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2014, 12:40:08 pm »

Could you dwarf me as a militia member? Name "Jaywalker". :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2014, 12:48:25 pm »

Always other dwarves to pick from.

Could you dwarf me as a militia member? Name "Jaywalker". :)

Sure thing. I'll assume you don't want one of the soon-to-be 'recruited' schizos.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2014, 01:00:01 pm »

No, a reasonably sane fort members, please.  :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2014, 01:53:50 pm »

From the diary of Vexxy, the Crocodile:

"All in all, this seems like my kind of place. Local marshes are no less hospitable then those back home. Even after giving birth, I've been spending most of my time here hunting and watching the wildlife. Nobody disturbed me: Mr. Splint even offered his help when I tried to track some wagon-sized birds.
 Don't worry, big guy: It's my job, after all.

...For whatever reason I am here, it's time to act, and act quickly. My deal with Brass Eagle Inc is not the only matter. Asteth gave me a full bag of silver for the needs of underground, and I haven't spent a coin so far. There are many former warriors here, and the leader is a former convict. Who knows, he might even give us a hand... Why here? Does it have something with the Joyous Steel lobbying the bloody military campain? Probably...

Whatever. First of all, I'll have to organise a meeting place. A hunters bar, for example. A still, a kitchen, a bar stand, a couple of tables, chairs and statues, some cages with beasts inside. Maybe, even a shooting range. Is it much to ask about?"
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 02:01:06 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2014, 02:20:57 pm »

Underground what though? Hmmm, the mystery deepens...

Nidor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2014, 03:34:57 pm »

Cool, another Splint fort, kinda missed this one getting started due to catching up on the others. PTW.
I'm a bit of a forum newbie, but I wouldn't mind a dwarfing. No particular preferences.

Some thoughts on Materials/Equipment:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2014, 03:58:05 pm »

Clandestine activity, I guess? Had trouble finding the right term in English. Basically, Vexxy's working for a secret organisation composed mainly of retired war veterans and those who support them. They oppose the current "capable" military command of the Shovel of Hope and military corporations. She's also a trade agent of Brass Eagle Inc (she uses this as a front).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 04:01:49 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2014, 04:01:39 pm »

Cool, another Splint fort, kinda missed this one getting started due to catching up on the others. PTW.
I'm a bit of a forum newbie, but I wouldn't mind a dwarfing. No particular preferences.

Some thoughts on Materials/Equipment:

Yeah, I'm a bit of an attention whore but I try my best to make these things somewhat entertaining. For example, here I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less concerned about casualties compared to Carryscar where I got out of my way to try and save everyone. Both are interesting in their own ways! :D

As to slag weapons I doubt they'd be very useful (not sharp enough or too damn heavy since slag blocks/bars slow a dwarf wearing just the clothes on their back to a nightmarish crawl.) We got a nice long list of dwarves of you to pick from too btw. Have a look and grab one with a profession that tickles your fancy!

Clandestine activity, I guess? Had trouble finding the right term in English. Basically, Vexxy's working for a secret organisation composed mainly of retired war veterans and those who support them. They oppose the current "capable" military command of the Shovel of Hope and military corporations. She's also a trade agent of Brass Eagle Inc.

Ahhhh, alrighty then. Either way, side project has begun: Hunter Lodge/meeting area.

EDIT: Dorfings up to date. We got a successful possession so you'll be officially in next update Tirion. Also, Nidor, if you don't care what dwarf I'll assign one at random.

Nidor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2014, 04:20:41 pm »

As to slag weapons I doubt they'd be very useful (not sharp enough or too damn heavy since slag blocks/bars slow a dwarf wearing just the clothes on their back to a nightmarish crawl.) We got a nice long list of dwarves of you to pick from too btw. Have a look and grab one with a profession that tickles your fancy!
I suppose a few slag mauls in a trap wouldn't hurt, I like using that stuff rather than toss it in a slag pit is all.

Hmm, It looks like no one has claimed the Apostle yet on the list, that one may be interesting.
Though their productivity has been justifiably nerfed in the new version, I still find the "religion industry" very useful. Especially with their habit of being a killjoy of the Secret Fun Stuff once they hit high priesthood.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2014, 04:22:28 pm »

I suppose a few slag mauls in a trap wouldn't hurt, I like using that stuff rather than toss it in a slag pit is all.

Hmm, It looks like no one has claimed the Apostle yet on the list, that one may be interesting.
Though their productivity has been justifiably nerfed in the new version, I still find the "religion industry" very useful. Especially with their habit of being a killjoy of the Secret Fun Stuff once they hit high priesthood.

Alrighty, the Apostle's all yours. Right now you're the sole source of not-rusty-iron metals we have aside from whatever was on that last caravan.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2014, 04:43:49 pm »

Good job keeping up a brisk pace of updates, Splint; after Spearbreakers kinda ground to a halt, it feels almost weird having to actually try to keep up :V

Meanwhile, I'm gonna have to edit my earlier journals a bit, 'cuz I misunderstood and thought Frog was currently a member of the military.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2014, 04:49:49 pm »

Good job keeping up a brisk pace of updates, Splint; after Spearbreakers kinda ground to a halt, it feels almost weird having to actually try to keep up :V

Meanwhile, I'm gonna have to edit my earlier journals a bit, 'cuz I misunderstood and thought Frog was currently a member of the military.

Heh, I know right? As a legion dwarf you were technically still a soldier no matter what and being drafted was inevitable anyway. And on the spoilers...

EDIT: After the next update I'll provide a lovely tour, either via stonesense or the game depending on what you guys would prefer.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2014, 05:43:58 pm »

I AM THE HARBINGER OF YOUR PERFECTION. ARE THERE ANY SQUAD LEADERS ELIGIBLE TO BE MY VESSEL?  8)
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2014, 05:46:11 pm »

I AM THE HARBINGER OF YOUR PERFECTION. ARE THERE ANY SQUAD LEADERS ELIGIBLE TO BE MY VESSEL?  8)

Spoiler: update spoilers (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30