Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

War with the elves of The Dyed Forest - Yea or Nay?

To arms! Death to all friends of nature!
- 32 (66.7%)
Indifferent
- 4 (8.3%)
Let peace return, we've humiliated them enough.
- 12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30

Author Topic: ☼Riverrun, a Masterwork Community Dwarf Fortress RISE AGAIN!!!☼  (Read 156608 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Riverrun, a Masterwork Community Dwarf Fortress☼
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2014, 02:33:19 pm »

@ Mr Frog - Done and done, Mr Frog Oramsigun. He's Vexxy's little brother (found that out after the fact,) and fittingly he's also a legionnaire dwarf.

Hm. That's going to make fleshing out his backstory and family history a bit awkward :V  I guess I'll have to try and work with it.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2014, 02:39:15 pm »

@ Mr Frog - Done and done, Mr Frog Oramsigun. He's Vexxy's little brother (found that out after the fact,) and fittingly he's also a legionnaire dwarf.

Hm. That's going to make fleshing out his backstory and family history a bit awkward :V  I guess I'll have to try and work with it.

At least, you don't have to deal with sudden appearance of a husband and a baby, like that of Vexxy's. She's no more a loner type.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2014, 02:54:51 pm »

At least, you don't have to deal with sudden appearance of a husband and a baby, like that of Vexxy's. She's no more a loner type.

Actually barring returns to the fortress to eat and drink (which would certainly allow time for a conjugal visit :P) Vexxy spent most of her time out in the woods shooting animals the size of small cars. She's definitely a loner most of the time.

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2014, 03:57:45 pm »

what does the resident pyromaniac's personality, and relationships look like?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2014, 05:05:39 pm »

6th Slate, 140

Dunno when it happened but I was taking a walk between training sessions and saw the someone finally built an ore processor! Great! Now we just need some ore for it to process. Oh, and a store room for all this coal.

Seriously, if it isn't sandstone we're tripping over it's coal and amethyst, those silly pinkish gems laying all over. The sheer amount though I must admit makes me want to find a really good jeweler to encrust our armor and weapons with the stuff.

9th Slate, 140

Arcvasti's been asking the metalworkers to make him a tanker cart and for someone to make him a bucket. Apparently that crackpot is positive by next year we can have magma-powered furnaces and such without ever having to truly find magma! I asked him how the hell he proposed that being possible and he said he'll find a way, which is why he needs the cart and bucket.

But he's also looking into toxins and such for some twisted reason.

23rd Slate, 140

That kid Ngothil or whatever the fuck his name is came of age today. Evidently he's always wanted to join the Legion Guards, and be a big bad stone wall with a pointy thing. Good for him, maybe I'll put'im in charge of a speardwarf squad one day.

25th Slate, 140

Evidently another schizo tried to have at us; gave in to the voices in their head an whatnot. Ongos took the poor sod down though.

11th Felsite, 140

Elves are here, so that means it's trading season! This is a good thing but I also have a very bad feeling about what's going to happen... On the upside though, raptors!

14th Felsite, 140

Arcvasti actually did it. He figured out how to apply toxins and venom to weapons. Some of the rangers seem to be absolutely ecstatic over this development, as do the engineers. Oh, and did I mention we're under attack?

I may be a dwarf of action but even I know when we can't win. I called whoever was able to get in, in, and told the elves to fuck off if they wanna live unless they think they can outshoot every single goblin in that bunch. Anyone too dumb to live can die out there with them.

Poor Urist got shot in the junk while he was out there but he somehow managed to blunder his way back before the gate shut and stop the bleeding. Who woulda thought a blind guy could be so resilient? Or have such a good sense of direction for that matter. Momuz is praying to Rulush to get some cloth to use  to patch him up if he asks.

[OOC NOTE: By some fucked up miracle I think the only ones who got left out were some pets. I dunno how the two fisherdwarves did it being shot at and all but they actually listened to the civilian alert and fucked off inside. Truly they are the pinnacle of dwarven intelligence.[/NOTE]

16th Felsite, 140

The elves never had a chance. They tried their best and injured some of those fuck-all huge dogs, but they're all dead. Killed the the last. Some of the war smurfs were also outside, along with a few spawn; they tried their best but in the end they got torn to shreds too.

Also the plump helmet men have been spotting more intruders: Two packs of dogs led by lashers, along with a group of raptors. Most of that though we can at least take on up close if we need to.

26th Felsite, 140

Someone started screaming for silk today. Didn't see who, but apparently his name is Reg. Also plans to make a bunch of traps in a small hall with us set to ambush the enemy along with a bunch of bows and arrows for a makeshift ranged militia; We'd use crossbows, but the hunters have dibs on that ammo.

The plan is a mix of wooden stakes, glass discs, and stonefall traps. Hopefully by the time the enemy gets through them all they'll be too demoralized or injured to fight anymore.

2nd Hematite, 140

First election took place and Kigok Ozurdum is our new mayor. Which pissed off the outpost liaison and elf treasurer to no end. They're demanding we let them out, but with the goblins out there we'd rather not risk starting a war. We're already in hot water with the caravan dying.

7th Hematite, 140

That asshole keeps saying he wants bricks when there's plenty laying around. Someone's gonna try making some out of fire clay and see if that works. Otherwise he's as good as dead. Speaking of dead this waiting is killing me! I've never wanted a fight so badly in my life, but I think I'm more bored than anything.

14th Malchite, 140

What in the holy hell!?

-

Ugh... I was too late.

The liaison gave the kid a good hard kick to the back, shattered his hip, and punched him in the head. Took him down in pretty short order.

The elf went batty soon after, but unlike our dwarven friend, he didn't last too long or hurt anyone, what with a boar dive-goring her in the head.

4th Galena, 140

Reg lost his shit and now he's running around like a gibbering wreck.

16th Galena, 140

Awwwwwwwwwww crap. Wait. What if...

YESSSS!!!! The greenskins must've got bored and wandered off!

14th Limestone, 140

Dailm's become the first one to name a piece of gear. It explains a lot actually... But then we're all bound to do so soon enough.

20th Limestone, 140

Huh, didn't think Fergus would get quite that attached to my cheapo reservist sword. Speaking of reservists, the elves' swords are going to be pressed into service for another unit of swordsdwarves. Also, Mayor Kigok's ordered all “under-ripe” smurfs be caged until they reach mature size to yield more smurf meat and smurf wine. Finally someone with a head on straight willing to make some real use of the little bastards.

7th Sandstone, 140

Heard Reg finally kicked the bucket today, died a sober death. Shame, but it's his own fault for not using one of the damned sandstone blocks we had laying around.

9th Sandstone, 140

Here we go again...

11th Sandstone, 140

And now Fergus named his shield! Two for two buddy.

13th Sandstone, 140

Wow, that's... That's actually one hell of a cup! Man, I envy whoever gets to use that!

17th Sandstone, 140

Cliffhanger update!

So we lost a few dwarves, trade this spring was a complete disaster, a kid grew up, and as a result of aforementioned trade mishap, we'll soon have enough mithril helmets for all of the melee troops. The humans also came and traded thankfully, and we got a tiny bit of steel. Wanted to buy a musket but since a lot of our bones have gone into making ammo for some bowdwarves, we didn't have anywhere near enough to get a load of shot and a gun. As has been, Tirion is the only one still waiting. Woulda been dorf'd, but Reg just had to go and be picky about his blocks to use for a stupid shirt or whatever he was gonna make. The plump helmet men also fought valiantly in the face of terrible odds and while they failed dismally they still put up a fight.

The clash with Aga will come next update; I did some poking into legends once more and while we will need to eventually roof over the fortress for later plans, there are still many wyverns roaming the world so killing Aga won't hurt the chances of us having an army of acid spraying dragons. In fact, we may get to save a species from extinction! Because it seems that the drow and pandashi love to hunt these fucking things since most of them have been struck down by drow or pandashi with other races claiming a rather small minority of wyvern kills. Hell, it seems wyverns are the sole reason we're still in The Age of Heroes. Still, Aga's gonna have to die unfortunately, since he'll just fly over the wall if I seal up.

Anyway, here's an update folks! Enjoy!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2014, 05:39:43 pm »

what does the resident pyromaniac's personality, and relationships look like?

By some miracle your whole family managed to survive the war unhurt.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2014, 05:48:17 pm »

Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2014, 07:03:59 pm »

holy fuck, i am one UGLY ass dorf

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2014, 07:27:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Epic! :D

Thank you, thank you. I try.

holy fuck, i am one UGLY ass dorf

If it makes you feel any better, everyone's fat. Even the soldiers somehow. Then a again, the fortress diet consists mainly of meat and sugar...

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2014, 08:39:34 pm »

A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2014, 10:23:41 pm »

Splint, Dfhack forumdwarves

might make it easier for when more and more people ask for "hey, how is my dwarf doing"

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2014, 05:41:42 am »

Noted, probably gonna disregard it since that had nothing to do with the fort itself. You got your answer, Tenderroast is doing fine, though lacking in friends due to constantly running one of the coke smelters (many are in the same boat) Been grouchy all day. Please ignore that.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2014, 04:35:39 pm »

[17th Sandstone Cont.]

Got knocked around a good bit but I won. Soon as I took it's leg out it couldn't do shit to me besides thrash around. Even tried blasting me with acid and that didn't do it any good, so to that I say Hah bigass lizard! HAH!

11th Timber, 140

Arcvasti says he things he can figure out a way to make some better armor like the heroes of old used, as well as a means to cheaply mass produce coins to buy things from merchants. Pff, I'll believe that crap when I see it.

13th Timber, 140

Looks like the caravan from home is here; Let's see if this time we can avoid having to kill the liaison.

-

The liaison said he could have sworn he heard somebody outside the fortress yelling at him. I bet he's just another one of those nutjob schizophrenics though.

14th Timber, 140

Turns out that dwarf was right; there was indeed someone out there, and it's a very unfortunate sight. The chaos dwarves know we're here now, which I guess is no surprise

And a second was spotted near the river crossing. Looked... Honestly? Kinda fancy looking from what I could see from the entrance.

17th Timber, 140

Heard tons of barking and a moleweasel came bounding back towards the fort looking like it'd just seen a god of the underworld, so that means the goblins have probably come for another go. I've sent the Caverns of Torturing to guard the river crossing and my team's going to watch the west approach; seems the goblins love attacking from the west, so it's only fitting the best guard their most likely avenue of attack.

-

Well. That escalated quickly. Some of those goblins we killed last year must've been pretty connected back home. Not that it did him any good. Tekkud distracted him and his barghest while Ducim attacked from behind, and... Well, yeah, Tekkud got thrown in the river but the general wound up missing a slightly important part of his body courtesy of Ducim.

Unfortunately the enemy didn't cut and run like I had hoped at the death of their commander, so I ordered the Grasses to follow me to the river to help Ducim and Tekkud; I was wondering where the fuck Fenglel was but it turns out she'd missed the morning drums and was still in bed. She didn't get to the battle until all of us were alternating between being on dry land and going for an unwanted swim In the river.

[Note] Turns out bridges don't require a ramp to be climbed on. Both sides were routinely getting dumped in the middle of the river dodging attacks and then just hauling their holly jolly butts back onto it to keep fighting.[/note]

Unfortunately the hero of the fight, our militia's beloved Ducim, bled out during the battle. A goblin got in her guard and wouldn't stop stabbing. However, at about that time four caravan guards got involved in the fight as well.

But then we saw more of them to the west, though thankfully on the far side of the the river. We charged, with a caravan marksdwarf providing some covering fire, but in the chaos Dailm got separated from us.

Somehow he managed to avoid ending up like Ducim, and once he cut that goblin sharpshooter's mount out from end him the greenskins bolted. Or uh, what few survivors we left did anyway.

All in all, one hell of a battle, even if it cost us a couple dwarves. Something tells me this isn't over though.

22nd Timber, 140

I fucking called it! We kept getting reports from Rekas and Urist about strange growling that sounded suspiciously like drakes and low and behold, we find some upon inspection. We also found out Fergus' sword is... Well, let's just be polite and say “Less than Effective” vs drakescale.

My sword however? Much more effective. Gotta remember to thank Psi.

23rd Timber, 140

Trade was pretty much a complete bust this year. We killed as many goblins as we could but the sheer numbers and getting distracted by one group to the east let another attack the merchants more or less unmolested. One of the merchants, their tuskox, and a guard (the fourth one to I think,) died. On top of that, The dwarf who'd volunteered to lead the bowdwarves was killed, as was Adil.

And further on top of that, Lolfail went and had an 'episode' to which we've become all too familiar with. A cragtooth boar put him down after he spent the better part of this evening trying to kill Psi with a brick of coke. After all the carnage though, I can at least take pride in many of the dead having died fighting, as well as the enemy general and several of their veteran warriors dying as well. Small comfort, but it's all we have.

The clash is beginning to be referred to as Aspnakok, or “The Disemboweled Assault.”

20th moonstone, 140

After that debacle in Timber, I don't blame anyone for not wanting to join the militia. We did send a note back with the liaison though, in hopes of drawing some dwarves here to replace our losses. Deadeye's taken over as Bowdwarf sergeant, saying he can probably use a bow as well as a crossbow or barring that, teach the others how to at least aim properly.

24th Moonstone, 140

Kigok is fucking insane. There are no words for the madness of his sentence for our Glassmaker.

Just because his stupid battlepicks didn't get made (because, oh, I dunno, maybe everyone was panicking and helping bury the dead?) he sentenced Bembul to 101 days in prison! He's a glassmaker, he doesn't even know how to make a battlepick! What is wrong with him!?

12th Opal, 140

Arcvasti actually managed to design that Greatforge thing. Says he needs a steel bar to begin his plate armor development; Said something about the steel bar earmarked for the job got made into a helmet first though. Mayor Kigok's also ordering the production of a crapload of coffins and slabs; Apparently the battle a few months ago really scared the shit out of him.

Don't blame him honestly. Even the smurfs look less feisty after six of them died in the fighting.

19th Opal, 140

Just saw the engineers working on some new traps; Evidently the plan is to fill the perimeter ditch with weapon traps to grind up any dumb son of a bitch who tries to come  across it. Won't stop the enemy from attacking from the front, but it'll still put a good dent in enemy forces so Timber won't happen again.

12th Obsidian, 140

Drow are here, but they said that they came from up to the northwest. We haven't sent any road clearing crews that way so they couldn't get here with wagons. Oh well, still good to have friends, as creepy as these purple and gray skinned fucks are.

That depressed hivekeeper said he'd take over Adil's duties in exchange for that little office of hers, and that seems fair enough. If he'd done his job. Someone named Erib took over instead, saying Cuggan was on break and wouldn't do the damned job.

Oh, and Emtan met someone while he was gathering some stuff to trade off the corpses on the opposite side of the river.

However one of the smurfs and two off-duty bow dwarves spooked him into the river, which gave me time to get over there to deal with this bastard. Unfortunately, I learned my sword is... less than great for dealing with Frosty the Snowman.

But it just made me more determined to gut the son of a bitch, cause in those frosties journal? Bifrost. And I want a sword made from the stuff. And killing that son of a bitch? Took herding him towards the drow, raptors, the rest of my squad, and the war smurfs to bring him down: Over an hour of pounding on ice with steel, fungus, and claw.

Took the bifrost I tore out of the fucker and asked Psi to make the best sword she can!

28th Obsidian, 140

-the following writing looks somewhat unsteady-

To celebrate this new years, I decided to give my name a shield! I mean shield a name. Damn, not oftent hat I this drunk. Best rumb evar.

SICKNESSCHERISHED! Cause I lub them not healthy mentally people. Oh, and somebody found a big green foot in one of the new weapon treps, so uh think a orc went and stepped in it like a big green dumb SHITLORD!

-the rest of the page is covered with what looks like dried rum and drool stains.-

---

Update! And a bloody as fuck one at that!

We're now officially on the frost giant's radar and only blind luck Kept more dwarves from dying. Our “Dorfs who died here” roster has grown by 6 thanks to this mess! Ne record for me with Masterwork! And sorry for the somewhat unfancy fight with Aga, but it was basically just Splint getting knocked down until he scored that leg hit and then it was Splint wailing on Aga until he bled to death (his skull was too thick to cut through with a steel sword.) And for the lack of scribbles as well. It was all blood and guts and I didn't really feel like physically drawing it (especially considering just how god damn messy it got! I mean look at all those corpses and limbs!)

Anyway, the high point was pretty much one big clusterfuck of a battle that saw many dead on both sides, and shit was so crazy in the aftermath due in part to the frost giant that Adil's death announcement got drowned. Speaking of death, Wave 2 has been officially obliterated, even if there was just Adil and Tulon to start with.

Anyway, new blood-soaked update! Enjoy!

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2014, 09:34:34 pm »

Journal of Tenderroast
15th of Timber, 140
oh TRAGEDY!! My beloved wife, Ducim, was slain by the foul goblins! The only reprieve was that she had slain the enemies general moments before. I must have my revenge upon the greenskins! I shall ask Arcvasti to look into researching the arcane, I must become one with the flames, so i may have my REVENGE on the filthy greenskins. Until his research is successful i shall console myself in the fact that my tending of the forges is helping to produce weapons of war for our army to use in the battles.

~~~~~~~~

ooc. hey, i fully understand being in a grumpy mood. And that, that was a badass battle.

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2014, 01:04:40 am »

Coming along real nice.  glad to see dailm is still alive
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30