Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

War with the elves of The Dyed Forest - Yea or Nay?

To arms! Death to all friends of nature!
- 32 (66.7%)
Indifferent
- 4 (8.3%)
Let peace return, we've humiliated them enough.
- 12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30

Author Topic: ☼Riverrun, a Masterwork Community Dwarf Fortress RISE AGAIN!!!☼  (Read 156521 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Riverrun, a Masterwork Community Dwarf Fortress☼
« Reply #255 on: July 17, 2014, 08:53:06 am »

So, did my squad kill the frogmen?

If they had I'd have written it in. It was late when I posted the update and I wanted sleep.

EDIT: Once again my computer's dun gone and crapped itself. While I can presumably play on the e-machine I'm using now, it'd probably be highly ill advised for me to try.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 17, 2014, 06:57:52 pm »

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 17, 2014, 07:42:58 pm »

...Now I'm beginning to think Arcvasti dying might have been a good thing for the fortress...

Nidor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 18, 2014, 08:46:14 am »

Yikes, married, gambling, golems, and a notable figure death, that will be interesting to write in, might put it in as she knows about his background, and that being some sort of blackmail, or another skulker that he owes a favor to, we shall see. Yeah golems are super expensive, but I think even inactive ones can fight if they are attacked. Space Engineer's is eating up a lot of my free time, but I will try to get a journal out soonish.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 18, 2014, 02:09:09 pm »

Yikes, married, gambling, golems, and a notable figure death, that will be interesting to write in, might put it in as she knows about his background, and that being some sort of blackmail, or another skulker that he owes a favor to, we shall see. Yeah golems are super expensive, but I think even inactive ones can fight if they are attacked. Space Engineer's is eating up a lot of my free time, but I will try to get a journal out soonish.

The relations thing for everyone is my fault since I rarely bother to check unless I'm doing my occasional family line tracking (as inspired by VerdantSF's fort reports,) or someone asks for their relations. Hell, I knew Arcvasti was married but I thought it was to someone else, not Sergeant Fenglel the bandit pimpslapper.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 18, 2014, 04:01:45 pm »

The relations thing for everyone is my fault since I rarely bother to check unless I'm doing my occasional family line tracking (as inspired by VerdantSF's fort reports,) or someone asks for their relations. Hell, I knew Arcvasti was married but I thought it was to someone else, not Sergeant Fenglel the bandit pimpslapper.

Hell, I don't even know my gender.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 18, 2014, 04:56:24 pm »

You are male far as I know. Won't be able to check until I get my good computer back.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 20, 2014, 03:42:01 pm »

A little bump to confirm I have my computer back (graphics card kept coming loose which may have been the problem,) and Tirion you are indeed a male dorf. I am also happy to announce our first plague was averted! Granted it was done by sending the resident patient zero to thier death in the caverns and locking down the depot, but still.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 20, 2014, 05:04:32 pm »

A little bump to confirm I have my computer back (graphics card kept coming loose which may have been the problem,) and Tirion you are indeed a male dorf. I am also happy to announce our first plague was averted! Granted it was done by sending the resident patient zero to thier death in the caverns and locking down the depot, but still.

Wait, isn't my squad still in the caverns?  :o
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 20, 2014, 06:28:58 pm »

Wait, isn't my squad still in the caverns?  :o

Not at the moment no. They did killed most of the frog men though. And I of course sent the diseased dwarf in first to be punched to death.

Nidor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 21, 2014, 03:10:45 pm »

Spoiler: Wife of a 'Clergyman' (click to show/hide)

A side story and a journal today, I guess that would be my volunteering Nidor dwarf's wife for priesthood, or more valuable and interesting, for the white school of magic when it is learned, as a healer. Similar yet different, and would kind of fit the whole personality I have given to her to pick something that isn't the same as him, but in the same ballpark to spite him.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 03:12:18 pm by Nidor »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 21, 2014, 03:49:35 pm »

I'll assign her as a healer when i get the chance. And I gotta say, the "he was crazy but he didn't kill anyone" made me laugh pretty hard for some reason.

Nidor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 21, 2014, 04:20:22 pm »

Heh, I guess technically he did with the mayor starving story, but no-one would know it was him.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 24, 2014, 01:20:02 am »

25th Timber, 143

Meningitis. Fucking meningitis. Least that's what the med-dorfs say it is the merchants have. And what Amost has. They said it's mostly harmless aside from the fever and aches all over, supposedly anyway. I'm not willing to take chances. I didn't survive that fetid prison in Workedsilks to be killed by some inconsiderate merchant assholes.

And considering I have the fortress guard in my back pocket (since I and my real soldiers keep those incompetent fucks from having to actually fight,) I'm gonna have them quietly remove Amost from the fortress.

For the good of us all.

2nd Moonstone, 143

Tirion's squad is heading out to deal with the tribals. There's been no reports of Amost getting anyone else sick, so I'm going to assume whatever the Guard Captain had in mind worked.

Apparently the tribals were lead by one frogman, Raptordrummed. I have a feeling I know how it got that name... Tirion's squad was quick to dispatch them all though, and did indeed confirm my suspicion.

The Guard Captain managed to bullshit Amost into doing a little 'hunting' down in the caverns with a made up report of an elk bird sighting and he was jumped by three frogmen. According to Tirion, one was severely injured and the other two already pretty winded when they attacked, but one still managed to give him and Nobgost pretty nasty bruises.

They also reported more frogmen coming into the caverns and attacked, killing most if not all of them. Nobgost was reported to have gotten a dislocated arm in the fighting and passed out for most of it. And while we're talking dead, one of the caravan axedwarves was mercy killed. Poor kid had a stroke brought on by the meningitis.

6th Moonstone, 143

Tekkud named her sword this morning, carved the name into the blade. Says she might get it runed eventually. Vexxy has enlisted with the militia, asking to take over Mr Frog's squad. One of her kids, our shrink, says she may be coping with Mr Frog's death by taking up his weapons in his memory.

10th Moonstone, 143

Finished with his training, the big K has become a Stonemancer! Good for him. May his career as a professional ambulatory rock be a long and blood-soaked one, since if I'm reading this old book I bought last year Earth School dwarves get more and more bloodthristy without being the literal kind or batshit crazy as they progress through the school. Shame we don't have the stuff to make him an aura. Well, we don't last time I checked, which was months ago.

Oh, and before I forget Nidor's asked me about getting his 'wife' set up in the church. Alot of people think they're legit, but I can tell they aren't. That dwarfette just picked him because he was nearby and looked important (which he kind of is, since he's our main source of metals right now since we're in a minerally poor location.) Dunno why he came to me though since I don't run the show around here. I just manage the militia.

It's all a sham and I know it. Sure, I got locked up for an accidental murder, but you also make enemies after a while when you make a living as a petty thief like some kobold. It isn't hard for one criminal to spot others. But I'll keep quiet about that for now unless I need someone else to quietly vanish that I can't trust the Fortress Guard with.

20th Moonstone, 143

Buzz around the fort is some of the inventors are sifting through Arcvasti's old notes and ledgers for every scrap of info they can on alchemy. One thing they know is they need similar stuff that the fire school needs (mainly lye or oil, not sure which since I only heard snippets at lunch and dinner,) and that we may be able to get what we need for the dwarves joining the earth school that way. With Nidor's help of course.

Speaking of Nidor, I'm gonna have a little chat with him and have him deal with that damnable smurf mayor once the caravan master leaves.

21st Moonstone, 143

Rakust has a rather odd but welcome project going on: Toilets around the fort. No more going all the way outside to do our business! Well, most of us in the upper militia will probably still do that, but still.

5th Opal, 143

Rumbling in the caverns. I know that noise all to well. You hear their kind sound from towering abominations roaming below Workedsilks when you're down in the prisons. Lucky fuckwit smiths had the engineer's guild pump the magma up to them, so the prisons really were the bottom of the city. Only skulkers, beggars, and worshipers of Lurit lived down there, if you didn't count the lawdorfs and us prisoners.

And that thing roaring down there looking for prey? It's a sort of noise I'm tired of hearing. Reminds me of Worksilks and death row. I've ordered my dwarves to be ready in case the worst happens, but I'm heading down.

Whatever's down there will regret the day it decided to visit this place.

---

Short update!

So, we've got some small projects going on. First is the making of the alchemist's lab. Second, Temptedlutes is bound for the the butcher shop, though IC that freakish little smurf is going to meet a swift end at the hands of a dwarf outside the chopper's shop. Public restrooms are also under construction, taking advantage of the dwarven loo for the task for shits and giggles.

Khaziraad has finished his secondary mage's education, becooming a stonemancer, we got a named sword, and Aril, The Mist of Secreting has come! This is already a foregone conclusion since without deadly dust or webs, Splint will be able to destroy it. Also i'd like to apologize for the lack of real good humor and doodles. Just nothing good has sprang to mind.

Anyways, shorty little update for ya guys, Enjoy!

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 24, 2014, 05:35:23 am »

Sounds like the sort of fleshy FB a speardwarf would be good at killing. And we'd get a lot of meat and bone that way too, if we can get it to the butchery in time.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30