Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

War with the elves of The Dyed Forest - Yea or Nay?

To arms! Death to all friends of nature!
- 32 (66.7%)
Indifferent
- 4 (8.3%)
Let peace return, we've humiliated them enough.
- 12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30

Author Topic: ☼Riverrun, a Masterwork Community Dwarf Fortress RISE AGAIN!!!☼  (Read 156509 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Riverrun, a Masterwork Community Dwarf Fortress☼
« Reply #180 on: June 27, 2014, 05:08:12 pm »

EDIT: This is apparently my 1000th post. This has caused me to feel an alarming sense of satisfaction.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 05:14:53 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 27, 2014, 06:22:32 pm »

Did I get reassigned to anything, or am I still a carpenter?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 27, 2014, 06:25:23 pm »

Did I get reassigned to anything, or am I still a carpenter?

Still a carpenter with a side of corpse removal from the area.

Nidor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 27, 2014, 06:52:00 pm »

Nice, the fort is progressing fast. Never tried out the black magic school, but once had a top tier white mage migrate in. Those are rather good, speed buffs and resurrection. I can't recall if the herbalist workshop has a reaction to get the woods, but it does give some powerful brewing options.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 27, 2014, 06:59:35 pm »

Nice, the fort is progressing fast. Never tried out the black magic school, but once had a top tier white mage migrate in. Those are rather good, speed buffs and resurrection. I can't recall if the herbalist workshop has a reaction to get the woods, but it does give some powerful brewing options.

I think it does, but as it stands I'm pretty lazy with alot of this stuff. Never used either of the white or black mages and most of my experience was with air with a sprinkling of the other elemental mages.

EDIT: Speaking of mages, any opinions on what ones to primarily field  (DreamerGhost gets to pick for his dorf and Tenderroast is already gunning for pyromancer)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 27, 2014, 10:52:13 pm »

I think it does, but as it stands I'm pretty lazy with alot of this stuff. Never used either of the white or black mages and most of my experience was with air with a sprinkling of the other elemental mages.

EDIT: Speaking of mages, any opinions on what ones to primarily field  (DreamerGhost gets to pick for his dorf and Tenderroast is already gunning for pyromancer)

From my arena testing, I know that rockmages make really good melee soldiers. You could try turning some of the swordlords into them. No idea what watermages do. And I think it would be really cool thematically if we had at least ONE Lich from the black altar in this fort. I'd volunteer my dwarf for that job if it comes up. I think you can buy glumprong somewhere in one of the shops.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 27, 2014, 11:31:16 pm »

Teduk's fine goods, you can get both Feather and Glump. Also sliver barbs, and sunberries

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 27, 2014, 11:41:28 pm »

Teduk's fine goods, you can get both Feather and Glump. Also sliver barbs, and sunberries

Figured as much, but we gotta wait another year or two unless you guys don't care if I fuck with a reaction to produce a trade licence. Didn't think to request one/some this time around because the wagons kept bypassing us (which meant no licences last year.)

On the rockmage swordlords: We already have a squad in full mithril plate and enough skill that given the time three of them could probably destroy a small country, or at least a small country's army, by themselves. They don't need more advantages! :P

Oh, and come next update you'll be a fire mage Tenderroast.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 28, 2014, 12:17:41 am »

PTW and may play a turn later.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 28, 2014, 12:18:41 am »

Not a Succession.

And scratch the pyromancer next update. We need some obsidian for that.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 28, 2014, 12:27:17 am »

Not a Succession.

And scratch the pyromancer next update. We need some obsidian for that.
Wait... so I just suggest things? Ah! I can't brain enough for that! Playing a fort and thinking about which way to guide someone else are two totally different things!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 28, 2014, 12:34:51 am »

Pff. RIght now I've been trying to get dwarves to do the shit I need done and waiting for a general consensus about what mages to field. I also really need to get started on that waterfall project... But besides that, can always just call dibs ona dwarf and write up your take on events, scribble shit up, or just point and laugh when they end up habitually dead every time you claim one.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 28, 2014, 12:37:02 am »

Pff. RIght now I've been trying to get dwarves to do the shit I need done and waiting for a general consensus about what mages to field. I also really need to get started on that waterfall project... But besides that, can always just call dibs ona dwarf and write up your take on events, scribble shit up, or just point and laugh when they end up habitually dead every time you claim one.
It's odd that this happens more often than it doesn't.  I think there's only been one or two forts I've ever seen where one dwarf outlives everything out of sheer tenacity.

Also, you should totally get a Beer-o-mancer up in here. :P

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 28, 2014, 01:23:26 am »

that is why i usually choose the black smith. They tend to have long, protected, lives. That and its fun to RP as a pyro.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 28, 2014, 02:12:37 am »

I'm thinking earth mage. I think their combat style involvess geting up close and personal. Even if that's not true, still earth mage. Should be fun to rp since we are surounded by earth.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30