Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

War with the elves of The Dyed Forest - Yea or Nay?

To arms! Death to all friends of nature!
- 32 (66.7%)
Indifferent
- 4 (8.3%)
Let peace return, we've humiliated them enough.
- 12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30

Author Topic: ☼Riverrun, a Masterwork Community Dwarf Fortress RISE AGAIN!!!☼  (Read 156524 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Riverrun, a Masterwork Community Dwarf Fortress☼
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2014, 09:28:11 am »

As a fun fact, nearly everyone save a few worship primarily Rulush the Asp river god or the long dead Plague Wraiths. And no, Nobgost isn't dead yet but I'm sure he'll eventually go to the hospital to complain about his liver.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2014, 09:49:20 am »

As a fun fact, nearly everyone save a few worship primarily Rulush the Asp river god or the long dead Plague Wraiths. And no, Nobgost isn't dead yet but I'm sure he'll eventually go to the hospital to complain about his liver.

Of course he will, it's a dwarf's most important organ after all.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2014, 10:20:17 am »

Splint, I think there IS a naming script, for the named sword request last page. I am at work on my lunch break, or I would look it up for you. Putnam might know off the top of his head. That guy is a genius with dfhack.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2014, 10:21:25 am »

Yes, there is a script for that. Not sure if items can be done, but civ members, pets, invaders and buildings can be renamed.

# gui/rename script - rename units and buildings
keybinding add Ctrl-Shift-N gui/rename
keybinding add Ctrl-Shift-T "gui/rename unit-profession"
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2014, 12:18:04 pm »

From what I attempted, items cannot be renamed. Shame. Oh well, can always set up another squad and outfit the leader with some kind of bloodsteel thing. I think we have enough bars for a longsword. Community contributions are now up to date. Gonna play Warband for a little bit and then do the tour of the fort as it currently exists.

Nidor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2014, 02:09:58 pm »

Ventured a little bit outside of the writing in the journal aspect on this one. Hope I got the first impression of Splintdwarf down ok. I think the bodies in the river from the update was close enough to the sandstone 141 migrants to be still be relevant.

Edit: fixed Rulush typo, thanks Splint for catching that.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 03:29:18 pm by Nidor »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 24, 2014, 02:47:13 pm »

It's Rulush, not Ralush And actually the corpses/bone (and some armor and weaponry) have been pretty much clogging the river crossing for the better part of a full year or so now, so it's perfectly relevant. :)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2014, 03:44:39 pm »

And no, Nobgost isn't dead yet but I'm sure he'll eventually go to the hospital to complain about his liver.

Of course he will, it's a dwarf's most important organ after all.

Second most important, after the Beard.  For males, anyway.  Females, being beardless, may rate it #1.  I wouldn't know.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2014, 05:17:49 pm »

Nidor, that is awesome.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2014, 05:20:37 pm »

Hello children, today we have a wonderful treat for you today! A TOUR OF RIVERRUN! Today I'll show you around our beloved pile of sandstone and scrap metal with a liberal sprinkling of dead goblins, elves, and other things. It'll be a very brief tour, but it'll give you the run around of how the fort looks right now. And  we have a lovely parting gift for the losers who didn't get to take the tour: Being ground up on weapon traps stuffed with green glass saw blades, rusty sharp crap, and candy-colored gem spikes

Spoiler: Spoilered for size. (click to show/hide)

And I agree wholeheartedly with Tenderroast. Good stuff with the journals Nidor!  :D

Nidor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2014, 05:51:04 pm »

Thank you. Surprisingly I was leaning towards the bar of bronze while sleeping bit as well, implying that one of the gods, most likely Tath has noticed my shenanigans. The booze is a bonus though, and would deliver the same message, so cheers!

I will try and catch up to the current events sometime tomorrow, journal wise.

Out of curiosity, is there any plans for magic in the fort? I have never really gone into that aspect of masterwork myself, apart from such things as animating weapons.

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2014, 06:00:21 pm »

I am hoping that magic does happen, specifically for my bearded pyromaniac. Splint will have to mod the raws to not need the research for magic school, if he plans on using it. I am 90% sure he is using one of the versions of 5.0.x that didnt have a researchable option for the main wizard school (meph removed it during his spring cleaning, and a later version made the wizard school buildable without the research.)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2014, 06:23:48 pm »

Thank you. Surprisingly I was leaning towards the bar of bronze while sleeping bit as well, implying that one of the gods, most likely Tath has noticed my shenanigans. The booze is a bonus though, and would deliver the same message, so cheers!

I will try and catch up to the current events sometime tomorrow, journal wise.

Out of curiosity, is there any plans for magic in the fort? I have never really gone into that aspect of masterwork myself, apart from such things as animating weapons.

I've only dabbled in the past but mages have the potential to be fort/life saving warriors against things like those fucking black barghests. But in all I do plan on magic.

I am hoping that magic does happen, specifically for my bearded pyromaniac. Splint will have to mod the raws to not need the research for magic school, if he plans on using it. I am 90% sure he is using one of the versions of 5.0.x that didnt have a researchable option for the main wizard school (meph removed it during his spring cleaning, and a later version made the wizard school buildable without the research.)

I looked through and far as I know 5.0.7 still requires it to be researched and didn't remove it. if necessary I'll just hijack another reaction to produce the needed science discovery as a workaround (I can do that much at least, if I can find the relevant stuff; the raws seem to be a hellaciously jumbled mess in places.) And don't you worry. once a pyro squad is readied, they'll be first responders to Frosty the Snowman and his killer monster snow goons.

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 24, 2014, 06:27:55 pm »

Splint, when you are looking at the raws, are you using regular ole notepad?

If you are, try giving Notepad++ a shot. Alot of the raws i have noticed, with notepad are a brain splitting migraine waiting to happen, while np++ it is nice, neat, and easily readable.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 24, 2014, 06:32:59 pm »

Splint, when you are looking at the raws, are you using regular ole notepad?

If you are, try giving Notepad++ a shot. Alot of the raws i have noticed, with notepad are a brain splitting migraine waiting to happen, while np++ it is nice, neat, and easily readable.

I would just like it on record I'm uncomfortable with my name being used in this manner. It makes me feel like I'm being called stupid even though I know I'm not being called so. :I

Don't have notepad++ and keep forgetting to look into it.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30