Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 49

Author Topic: The Heresy of Achilles VII: 40k: Only War Planning and OOC  (Read 40159 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: The Heresy of Achilles VII: 40k: Only War Planning and OOC
« Reply #645 on: June 24, 2014, 08:39:58 pm »

I have my Ecclesiarchy robes. The uniform is standard kit so I still have it. I'll probably leave it somewhere.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 24, 2014, 08:47:12 pm »

Can i have it? Just because it would mean if mine get dirty i could just switch and pass uniform inspections on the battlefield.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #647 on: June 24, 2014, 08:47:48 pm »

I don't care.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 24, 2014, 09:22:14 pm »

weelp i know for sure who i want to kill now..snarky bastard.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 09:30:38 pm by 3man75 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 24, 2014, 11:37:30 pm »

Might be able to do a better response later on, but here's a thought: yes, the imperium sucks and could do so much better. However, not all their problems are due to xeno-or technofobia, or imperial overstretch or inneficiency, some things are done out of sheer necessity.

Is the inquisition too harsh and draconian in its methods? Often yes, but without them there would be a lot of cults that go undetected until it's too late and surprise, daemons everywhere.

How would the tau even deal with that? Suppose they annexe a few human planets and some cults spring up there. Do they leave them be until t's a daemonworld, or wipe them out and resort to methods of the imperium?

Also, how would they keep order without warp travel, in an empire the size of the imperium, while also beset from all sides by everthing?

And how would they deal with the Eye? Like them or not, the imperium is the major reason Chaos hasn't been able to come into realspace in force and really start burning the galaxy.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 24, 2014, 11:55:35 pm »

Might be able to do a better response later on, but here's a thought: yes, the imperium sucks and could do so much better. However, not all their problems are due to xeno-or technofobia, or imperial overstretch or inneficiency, some things are done out of sheer necessity.

Is the inquisition too harsh and draconian in its methods? Often yes, but without them there would be a lot of cults that go undetected until it's too late and surprise, daemons everywhere.

How would the tau even deal with that? Suppose they annexe a few human planets and some cults spring up there. Do they leave them be until t's a daemonworld, or wipe them out and resort to methods of the imperium?

Also, how would they keep order without warp travel, in an empire the size of the imperium, while also beset from all sides by everthing?

And how would they deal with the Eye? Like them or not, the imperium is the major reason Chaos hasn't been able to come into realspace in force and really start burning the galaxy.

The Tau are shit at dealing with the Warp, honestly. It has to do with them barely having anything to do with it.

They probably take a reasonable approach(which fails horrifically, at which point they glass the world and are forced to reevaluate their methods) at first. Trying to reason with them, or if the Cadre assigned is more knowledgeable, being all detective-y without being Inquisition-y. Or trying to at least. And then, yeah, trying to get mind-scrubbing therapy and re-education for the cultists, and railgun rounds to the face for the Daemons.

As for Warp Travel, I have a theory, but 40k lore says it won't happen. They finally buck up and look at what the Kroot are using, or simply use Humans for that shit. Other than that, yeah, they're fucked, that's the biggest problem I can see right now.

As for the eye, what about it? Tau have better tech than imperium, and less vulnerability to warp influence, so they'd probably do a much better job of guarding it. Mostly.

EDIT: Basically, I think the Imperium are dickfaces, and I think the Tau are less of dickfaces, but still dickfaces. Also, cool giant mecha and shit. Way better than the Imperial version. I do basically write fan-fic in my head for a setting in which there are Tau Empire Space Marines(what? They went to fucking Chaos, why the fuck couldn't they be heretics in a less than gore-filled manner? Besides, admit it, it would be so awesome if a Dreadnaught had a railgun)

I just think the Imperium should ally with the Eldar and the Tau and get over their fucking phobias so that the shit that's trying to kill them now rather than in the past can be dealt with.

I mean seriously, there's not going to be another robot revolution jeezus, and the Tau have proven that multiple races can work together as 'equals'. With the sheer number of humans, if the Imperium wanted to intimidate the Tau, there's no way they couldn't.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 11:59:24 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #651 on: June 25, 2014, 01:53:07 am »

weelp i know for sure who i want to kill now..snarky bastard.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 25, 2014, 05:56:15 am »

Yeah Gun in your missing alll of the regimental skills, bonusses, traits, aptitude and characteristics.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 25, 2014, 11:33:50 am »

Yeah Gun in your character sheet missing alll of the regimental skills, bonusses, traits, aptitude and characteristics.

Ftfy

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #654 on: June 25, 2014, 12:08:50 pm »

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 25, 2014, 12:12:18 pm »

Still a load missing but I don't have the books with me right now. When I get home I'll help you sort it out.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 12:16:29 pm by PewdsRocks »
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #656 on: June 25, 2014, 12:26:40 pm »

:v

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 25, 2014, 12:27:36 pm »

There's always IRC, where I do have books.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #658 on: June 25, 2014, 12:39:05 pm »

I'm already on.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 25, 2014, 01:16:24 pm »

Quoting the post with the regiment info. The GM may want to put this in the OP.

Spoiler: Regiment Info (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lore (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Variant Pattern (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 49