Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 49

Author Topic: The Heresy of Achilles VII: 40k: Only War Planning and OOC  (Read 40116 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: The Heresy of Achilles VII: 40k: Only War Planning and OOC
« Reply #615 on: June 24, 2014, 11:32:13 am »

-when will the necrons really awaken?

The Necrons are already awakened or awakening, the Silent King is gathering his people for war against the Tyranids.
Ah yes, about that, I may have phrased it badly. That is indeed the kind of story progression I'm looking for, but because it hasn't actually really started yet I didn't count it (right now, it's just another thing that is gearing up, but hasn't really made a difference yet in the galactic power balance, as far as I'm aware).

2/5 of those, if not more, are just questions of when, not how. How is the plot. When is just more setting.

I thought it'd be clear, but apparently not. Allow me to elaborate:
"When they get here (e.g. Nids)" = when (and how, of course) they actually do things that influence the power balance of the galaxy, and the side effects of that (for example, the shadow on the warp from the hive mind drawing orks to it because they know it signifies a good fight, triggering a massive WAAAGH).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 24, 2014, 11:39:51 am »

The Necrons are already awakened or awakening, the Silent King is gathering his people for war against the Tyranids.
Ah yes, about that, I may have phrased it badly. That is indeed the kind of story progression I'm looking for, but because it hasn't actually really started yet I didn't count it (right now, it's just another thing that is gearing up, but hasn't really made a difference yet in the galactic power balance, as far as I'm aware).
Yeah I was kinda disappointed in that since it started in like 5th edition, or early sixth edition and even now in seventh nothing has come of it for some damn reason :(

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 24, 2014, 11:49:40 am »

no more lexicalum it's dull grayness is not worth straining my eyes over. but i get it i underestimated the necrons despite the fact that the Imperium can be innovative.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 24, 2014, 11:57:17 am »

Well to simplify matters 3man. Its extremely difficult to overestimate what necrons can do.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 24, 2014, 02:25:42 pm »

Well to simplify matters 3man. Its extremely difficult to overestimate what necrons can do.

They hurt you until you perma sleep..just like everyone else.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 24, 2014, 02:35:12 pm »

They hurt you until you perma sleep..just like everyone else.
Wrong, Dark Eldar eat your soul so there is no sleep afterwards you simply cease to exist ^_^

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 24, 2014, 02:35:45 pm »

Let us put it this way.

Every faction in the galaxy is either mind-boggling powerful or mind-bogglingly difficult to get rid of, just in different ways, which is why it's a balance of power that allows everything to continually teeter on the brink of destruction.

The Tau could be annihilated if anything focused on them, but because they're so small and the least likely to completely annihilate anyone else, nothing really bothers them much other than getting annoyed when they start shouting about the Greater Good.

The Imperium is fucking huge, largest anything in the galaxy, it's just that they're hyper-inefficient and strained by voluntarily fighting everything including itself. And no, they aren't the last hope for humanity. The Tau Empire is. Shut up, IG fanboys. You know our form of slavery is better.

The Orks cannot be wiped away from a planet. Like ever. You have to glass it to be sure. And sure, most of the time it's no big deal, since they're constantly fighting each other. Right until the WAAAGH happens. And then you're fucked, because there are so fucking many of them, and they LOVE to fight.

Chaos is inevitable, because the Warp, and because the Chaos Gods are fucking GODS. On the other hand, they're also chaos and therefore also fight everything including themselves.

Eldar are old as all shit and have some of the strongest psykers in the galaxy, as well as some of the most skilled warriors, but they're dying out; every dead Eldar is a huge blow.

Dark Eldar hide out in the Webway like rats and torture the shit out of anything with a libido. Yes, you must have a libido for them to torture you, no, it doesn't have to make sense.

Necrons are basically self-regenerating death machines hidden in possibly every third planet, with shittons of ancient technology possible outdating even the Eldar. And they hate all life. So yeah.

Tyranids are the fucking Tyranids man. I'd compare them to the Zerg but the Zerg were based off them, not vice versa. They've probably eaten multiple other galaxies and shit. So yeah.

Did I miss anyone?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 24, 2014, 02:52:52 pm »

Lady priests who cut/burn everything with super fanaticism. But I think they count as Imperial.

Edit: also not even chaos corruption can get them to die/ gtfo?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 02:59:27 pm by 3man75 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 24, 2014, 02:59:59 pm »

And no, they aren't the last hope for humanity. The Tau Empire is. Shut up, IG fanboys. You know our form of slavery is better.
Ahahaha. Oh lord no. The Imperium may suck bigtime, but becoming another thrall race of the Tau? Yeah, gonna bet that's not gonna be the optimal outcome for humanity. Not to say that the imperium shouldn't change a lot about itself or is a 'good guy', but at least they ensure the sovereignity of the human race.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 24, 2014, 03:03:18 pm »

Sovereignity over itself maybe. Face it, the vast majority of Imperium citizens would have their lives vastly improved under the Tau Empire.

Plus, everyone's equal. We're just the first among equals.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 24, 2014, 03:05:06 pm »

Face it, the vast majority of Imperium citizens would have their lives vastly improved under the Tau Empire.
No they wouldn't. The Tau Empire would collapse into a broken heap trying to deal with 1% of the Imperium's total population, never mind the additional threats that would expose them to.

Plus, everyone's equal. We're just the first among equals.
In name only.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 24, 2014, 03:07:12 pm »

>Tau Empire being remotely best for humanity

someone's forgetting about that sterilizaaatttiiooooooon

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 24, 2014, 03:08:30 pm »

The regiment's official name is: Cuatl III 5th Line Infantry Regiment. Local name is Itaca Tunnel Terrors, based on the tales told about Itaca, a locale known by its twisting, cramped web of tunnels (called Itaca Tunnel or Tunnels) and the higher occurrence of odd or rare predators in its depths. Due to a lack of propensity to traveling found in most Cuatlans, the knowledge of the place is most commonly shared in the shape of fantastic stories talking about surprises, good and bad, to be had after every dark corner if you survive the ordeal.

Also:

@Remuthra: Have you started selecting players?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 24, 2014, 03:11:16 pm »

Yeah I was kinda disappointed in that since it started in like 5th edition, or early sixth edition and even now in seventh nothing has come of it for some damn reason :(

That's really the story of Warhammer.  The necrons that have been ravaging everything they come across are just workers and shit meant to set things up for the real necrons.  The tyranids have left huge swaths of the galaxy barren and there's rumors of something approaching the galaxy that dwarfs all the known hive fleets put together.  The Orks were created by the old ones to stop the necrons; they're the only race that doesn't fear death.

Basically Warhammer is going to end with the fully-awakened Necron army, a galaxy-spanning Waaagh, and all the tyranids ever, duking it out across the entire galaxy.  Everyone else is fucked.  The orks will probably win.

Except not, because Warhammer's story will never progress. 
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 49