Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 49

Author Topic: The Heresy of Achilles VII: 40k: Only War Planning and OOC  (Read 40231 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Heresy of Achilles VII: 40k: Only War Planning and OOC
« Reply #510 on: June 22, 2014, 11:31:32 am »

If that situation happens, it's a TPK. Berzerkers hate psykers even more than they hate anything else in the galaxy, so maybe you could distract them with your corpse and give us enough time to run away while being fired upon by non-zerkers CSM.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 22, 2014, 11:34:38 am »

Or we all can let the stormtrooper ie me charge and take down him and stab him with the awesome knife and distract him enough for the rest of you to run while i get rip to sheds
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 22, 2014, 11:34:58 am »

So give up?

You guys are wimps.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 22, 2014, 11:37:05 am »

No, we'd totally let you two fight him. You'd awesomely kill him and become heroes of the Imperium. After that, you'd lead a crusade into the Eye of Terror and end the forces of Chaos for good. Best campaign.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 22, 2014, 11:37:16 am »

So give up?

You guys are wimps.
No, we're smart. You just seem to not understand how Only War, or Warhammer 40,000 works in general.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 22, 2014, 11:37:27 am »

... How much do you know about 40K?
No, we'd totally let you two fight him. You'd awesomely kill him and become heroes of the Imperium. After that, you'd lead a crusade into the Eye of Terror and end the forces of Chaos for good. Best campaign.
+1
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 22, 2014, 11:45:05 am »

About chaos?

Very little.

About the IG?

Meh.

But seriously guys, just remember that I could get exceedingly lucky.

It's far more likely that I end up a corpse, but that's half the Fun anyway.

And like I said, I never had a plan for how to kill the Khorne Berserker. Just make him kill his 'buds' first. Then maybe we'll have half a chance.

Imperial Guard has to die trying, after all. That's what we're here for(if we'd played Tau then maybe not but noooo you guys wanted the flashlights instead).
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 22, 2014, 11:47:38 am »

And like I said, I never had a plan for how to kill the Khorne Berserker. Just make him kill his 'buds' first. Then maybe we'll have half a chance.
That is quite literally impossible.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 22, 2014, 11:49:14 am »

If you try that it has 3 potential outcomes.

A, it does nothing.
B, you try and the feedback breaks you and then I shoot you before you summon daemons and kill us all.
C, it laughs at you then rips your head off.

The only way you mind rape a Khorne berserker is to out pskyer Khorne himself. Good luck with that.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 22, 2014, 11:50:14 am »

Really?

I doubt it, considering they're halfcocked to do it anyway.

If you're saying a mark of khorne makes someone completely immune to psychic powers, why hasn't khorne torn everything apart by now? His berserkers have the advantage in every other way save ranged weapons.

Seriously. What's the fucking point in playing if you're going ti be this fucking pessimistic? I mean jeezus christ guys, sorry for having a little fucking optimism.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 22, 2014, 11:51:02 am »

Khorne berserkers are under Khornes eye. To overwhelm them you have to overwhelm him first. Have at it psyker.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 22, 2014, 11:53:02 am »

Okay, that's going a bit too far. But the point stands they're fanatical, superhuman warriors with a hell of a lot of willpower. Though, thinking about it, I'm sure Khornate Berzerkers don't need much of an excuse to start killing everyone in sight, even if they're friendlies.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 22, 2014, 11:53:17 am »

Really?

I doubt it, considering they're halfcocked to do it anyway.

If you're saying a mark of khorne makes someone completely immune to psychic powers, why hasn't khorne torn everything apart by now? His berserkers have the advantage in every other way save ranged weapons.
Yes, really. That's what the Mark of Khorne does. Read some fluff or something, for the Emperor's sake.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 22, 2014, 11:55:16 am »

Okay, that's going a bit too far. But the point stands they're fanatical, superhuman warriors with a hell of a lot of willpower. Though, thinking about it, I'm sure Khornate Berzerkers don't need much of an excuse to start killing everyone in sight, even if they're friendlies.

I figured I'd get a circumstance bonus for whispering sweet nothings to them like that.

"Kill everyone around you, starting with the ones you're nearest to"

I figured telling him not to kill us would be the thing he'd be most likely to resist, too, so no point in that. Good distraction while we run away though, if it works. If it doesn't, we're all dead anyway, hm?

Alright, then seriously harbinger, how come tzeentchian marines and eldar aren't completely fucked over by berserkers, then? I'm sorry if I don't have much background in Chaos; I know exactly 0 people whomplay them. I know Orks, Eldar to a point, IG and Spess Mehreens as much as every player, Necrons to a point, bloody lot of Tau, a smidgen of Dark Eldar, and only the basics about Chaos. So very sorry if I can't afford the books on them.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 11:57:45 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 22, 2014, 11:58:02 am »

This argument will go nowhere. We'll deal with it if it ever happens and if it doesn't then lucky us.

@Remuthra: Would a NPC to carry the flamer's promethium tank be feasible or will I need the Ogryn's help? I could do the latter anyway.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 49