Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 49

Author Topic: The Heresy of Achilles VII: 40k: Only War Planning and OOC  (Read 40137 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: The Heresy of Achilles VII: 40k: Only War Planning and OOC
« Reply #210 on: June 17, 2014, 09:46:02 pm »

Personally, i'd like to see one of two types of basic scenarios while playing this (i'm not saying do them im just saying i'd like to see them):

1. Defending a planet from (insert enemy here) as we see them have superior numbers and have to hold down key points for reinforcements to come or escape with our lives.

2. Sent to board a MASSIVE planetary sized ship and take it over so we can give it to the tech priests for SCIENCE!

but again i'm cool with anything as long as we have a decent chance.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 17, 2014, 09:53:52 pm »

Personally, i'd like to see one of two types of basic scenarios while playing this (i'm not saying do them im just saying i'd like to see them):

1. Defending a planet from (insert enemy here) as we see them have superior numbers and have to hold down key points for reinforcements to come or escape with our lives.

2. Sent to board a MASSIVE planetary sized ship and take it over so we can give it to the tech priests for SCIENCE!

but again i'm cool with anything as long as we have a decent chance.
Your last words contradict the types of scenarios you want to play, you'd definitely not have a decent chance in either if those two, your chances would be piss poor at best.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 17, 2014, 09:55:03 pm »

By decent chance I think he means decent by imperial guard standards. By imperial guard standards any hope at all is decent.

Maybe not an entire planet but I'd love that kind of defensive mission like out on the frontlines of a war with orks reinforcements are days away and an entire WAGHH is coming down on a fortress with a regiment trapped inside and we get dropped in to help them hold out long enough for the tanks to arrive.

I can just see that ever thinning line of guardsmen being beaten back piece by piece by a green horde that never seems to end.

Boarding a planet sized ship? Hells no, one regiment against millions of people lol? Forget suicidal that's just flat out insanity. We'll run out of ammo before we get through 1% of the population. Even imperial guard would not try that shit.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 09:59:29 pm by PewdsRocks »
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 17, 2014, 10:22:15 pm »

By decent chance I think he means decent by imperial guard standards. By imperial guard standards any hope at all is decent.

Maybe not an entire planet but I'd love that kind of defensive mission like out on the frontlines of a war with orks reinforcements are days away and an entire WAGHH is coming down on a fortress with a regiment trapped inside and we get dropped in to help them hold out long enough for the tanks to arrive.

I can just see that ever thinning line of guardsmen being beaten back piece by piece by a green horde that never seems to end.

Boarding a planet sized ship? Hells no, one regiment against millions of people lol? Forget suicidal that's just flat out insanity. We'll run out of ammo before we get through 1% of the population. Even imperial guard would not try that shit.

Imperial guardsmen are more numerous than orks. That's the hilarious part, though.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 17, 2014, 10:24:18 pm »

You don't want to play Astral Knights?

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 17, 2014, 10:27:19 pm »

Crazy and stupid idea, but what if we play as a group that has rebelled from the imperium?
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 17, 2014, 10:28:07 pm »

Crazy and stupid idea, but what if we play as a group that has rebelled from the imperium?

YES

TAU GUARDSMEN

DO IT YES

YESSSSSS

EDIT:

We have a slightly higher chance of surviving than other guardsmen! And we get to die to space marines! Ones that won't skullfuck our corpses!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 17, 2014, 10:29:49 pm »

why would you ever want to play a three-page-long campaign

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 17, 2014, 10:30:27 pm »

why would you ever want to play a three-page-long campaign
Because free pulse rifles?

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 17, 2014, 10:30:37 pm »

150 posts isn't so bad.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 17, 2014, 10:31:24 pm »

By standard, and thus in rhetoric, that's 45 posts.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 17, 2014, 10:32:50 pm »

50ppp master race!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 17, 2014, 10:34:12 pm »

We'll be helping the Third-Sphere Expansion.

Hell, I was trying to work on a Tau version of Only War for a while, I've got the stats for it somewhere in my Docs...

Why would it only be three pages. >.> We'd survive, and there could be other campaigns. Besides, drop regiment can easily fit into Tau. Especially since their auxiliaries are basically told to do their own thing most of the time. <.<
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 17, 2014, 10:34:29 pm »

I smell HERESY!. And I hate it.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 17, 2014, 10:34:47 pm »

Mark the heretic, that you may smite it all the sooner.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 49