Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 49

Author Topic: The Heresy of Achilles VII: 40k: Only War Planning and OOC  (Read 40229 times)

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 40k: Only War Planning and OOC (Players still accepted)
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2014, 09:51:21 am »

Creation is quite straight forward luckily and is all very well explained. If you get stuck I'm happy to help you out. Or anyone else if you need help.

I've selected the Ratling class.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2014, 10:01:01 am »

What group will we be playing as?
Make a custom regiment together. You spend points on homeworlds, tactics, and special training and equipment, which determines your situation.

Which method are we using for attributes and are you gonna roll for it if using method 1?
Standard method, and I'll trust you to roll it yourselves.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2014, 10:05:14 am »

Cool I can sort mine out then apart from standard issue equipment.

I'm looking for the answer now but which heightened senses benefit a ballistic skill test? It's mentioned in heightened senses and I'm spending 200 of my 300 xp on an additional sense either sound or touch since I begin with the other 3 but I don't know which it is. Though I'll end up with all 5 in the end.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2014, 10:10:47 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(( Wish I'd rerolled BS now lol but I had 27 agi so had to be done. Was kinda preying for a double 10 on T as well lol. On the plus side my perception kicks ass and that's before including awareness and having a bonus to 4 out of the 5 senses. ))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 07:36:00 am by PewdsRocks »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2014, 10:12:34 am »

I'm looking for the answer now but which heightened senses benefit a ballistic skill test? It's mentioned in heightened senses and I'm spending 200 of my 300 xp on an additional sense either sound or touch since I begin with the other 3 but I don't know which it is. Though I'll end up with all 5 in the end.
None of them give bonuses to a ballistic skill test.

On a side note I'm interested in this, I'll watch to see how regiment creation goes and see if I wanna join.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2014, 10:13:34 am »

Weird then why the frick does it say this?

Thus,
Heightened Senses (Sight) would apply to an Awareness Test
to see a distant flock of Shale Crows, but not to a Ballistic
Skill Test or a Weapon Skill Test because the character is not
just using their eyes.

Unless I'm misunderstanding it that suggests to me that some combination of them would apply to a Ballistic skill test.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2014, 10:15:05 am »

Spoiler: Rulebook Entry (click to show/hide)
Or, in other words, using heightened senses to improve combat abilities is broken, so you can't do it.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2014, 10:17:31 am »

Ahhh ok I see, I'll just have to rely on regular old luck then and the scope that removes my long distance penalty.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2014, 10:18:11 am »

Weird then why the frick does it say this?

Thus,
Heightened Senses (Sight) would apply to an Awareness Test
to see a distant flock of Shale Crows, but not to a Ballistic
Skill Test or a Weapon Skill Test because the character is not
just using their eyes.
but not to a Ballistic Skill Test or a Weapon Skill Test
Its using that as an example as its taking more than just your senses into account when you shoot like your skill, the weapon, wind, luck, etc. All in all this only effects things solely involving those senses like seeing someone or smelling a plague daemon or something like that.

Yes indeed it would be broken as you can already make a sniper that will only miss on a roll of 100 with about 800 xp.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2014, 10:21:46 am »

Really? I ain't read things that thoroughly yet but I do have a few traits and things in mind. Gonna get ambidextrous and gunslinger for sure at some point to go with two weapon handling so I have some good close range option. Maybe grab marksman as well in case I'm using a weapon without telescopic sight to remove long range penalties.

I picked sniper over long las so when luck favors me I can get some extra ammo types for a bit of variety later on.

I picked Sound as my 4th sense so I have Sight, Sound, Smell and Taste. Touch doesn't seem overly useful anyway.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 10:23:25 am by PewdsRocks »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2014, 10:24:45 am »

That's because of bonuses for aiming, scopes, accuracy, BS, spotting, single shots, the list goes on. Playing a sniper is actually quite fun just for the feeling that you're not relying on a low roll to save you.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2014, 10:25:38 am »

Really? I ain't read things that thoroughly yet but I do have a few traits and things in mind. Gonna get ambidextrous and gunslinger for sure at some point to go with two weapon handling so I have some good close range option. Maybe grab marksman as well in case I'm using a weapon without telescopic sight to remove long range penalties.

I picked sniper over long las so when luck favors me I can get some extra ammo types for a bit of variety later on.
Ambidextrous and Gunslinger are both terrible ideas if you wanna be a decent sniper, in close range just either use the sniper rifle or something similar as its going to be the most lethal thing you can wield. As for Marksman your rifle has telescopic sight and its the only weapon you're technically allowed to keep forever so you shouldn't really be using a weapon without a telescopic scope to sight not to mention you will rarely fire such a long distance with a rifle that the enemy is at long range. When you are you should probably be using that sniper rifle instead.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2014, 10:27:29 am »

Don't snipers get a penalty for close range? (( Still reading through things so kinda just guessing about half of this. ))

What would you suggest for close range if not my rifle? All I can think of is a carbine.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2014, 10:29:10 am »

If they get close, you're doing it wrong. You might also need to use a pistol in that case.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2014, 10:30:29 am »

Well I plan to kind of be the groups shadow. Stay 50-100 feet behind the group so if anything happens I'm outside the engagement zone and can use my fancy cloak to my advantage.

Just considering for RP purposes 2 pistols suits the character concept I have in mind since she's fast as frick and got a good eye.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 49