Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Invasions/sieges?  (Read 1068 times)

Grip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
Re: Invasions/sieges?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2014, 09:03:10 am »

Since enemies path towards unlocked doors and avoid locked ones (which I assume means forbidden ones), couldn't I take that one step further and build a door at both ends, aand fill as many tiles as possible with traps? Then when an enemy goes through the first door, I lock it behind them. Just before they get to the other door, pause, and switch the lock status, repeating that as needed?

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2014, 09:28:04 am »

Since enemies path towards unlocked doors and avoid locked ones (which I assume means forbidden ones), couldn't I take that one step further and build a door at both ends, aand fill as many tiles as possible with traps? Then when an enemy goes through the first door, I lock it behind them. Just before they get to the other door, pause, and switch the lock status, repeating that as needed?

When an enemy unit walks through a door, it marks the door as "taken by the enemy" (or similar wording), and you can't lock it until a dwarf goes through it.  If you want to lock enemy units into a tunnel, you need raising bridges, or you need to drop them into the tunnel from above.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Grip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2014, 12:33:08 pm »

I just began a siege. It's undead. FUCK.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2014, 12:52:09 pm »

I just began a siege. It's undead. FUCK.

It sounds like your first siege is going to be a good one. How many undead showed up?

Grip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2014, 01:08:01 pm »

There are 25 if you count the ones my dwarves managed to kill. There are still sixteen undead left (although I did manage to lock one of them inside the miasma containment room, and only eleven dwarves remain. One of the hatches was breached, so I can't even seal off the fortress.

Grip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2014, 01:44:59 pm »

Only the original expedition leader is still alive. I guess he dodged off the bridge and fell into the moat. He has no injuries, but he's hungry and thirsty. He also has a dwarf ghost haunting keeping him company. That was some unexpected fun.

Grip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2014, 09:20:42 am »

They're all dead now. I learned a valuable lesson hear today- embark with an anvil.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2014, 01:38:25 pm »

They're all dead now. I learned a valuable lesson hear today- embark with an anvil.

It sounds like you went down in style. Necromancers can be very deadly foes.
 8) 

Grip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2014, 01:41:22 pm »

It sounds like you went down in style. Necromancers can be very deadly foes.
 8) 
There wasn't a necromancer with them. If one HAD shown up, I would've gotten wiped out much faster.
Pages: 1 [2]