Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: PSA: GreatWyrmGold has been banned.  (Read 9592 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: PSA: GreatWyrmGold has been banned.
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2014, 05:04:02 pm »

Nope. Not enough interest.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2014, 05:07:58 pm »

Personally, I tend to take all the interested as players from the beginning.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2014, 05:09:49 pm »

It wasn't incredibly fast, there's been buildup for this banning for months.

I meant from the ban to the fallout. It hasn't even been a day and we're invading other forums and getting petitions locked.

O_o what?

Apparently somebody started some council thing in the General Discussion forum, which naturally prompted a backlash from the General Discussion crowd.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2014, 05:10:30 pm »

I would do that, but updates then get far too large and time-consuming.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2014, 05:13:22 pm »

That is what I did. Got ten interested, GWG among them, and I started the game with 10 players.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2014, 05:13:51 pm »

Well he was interesting, and most of the time a nice guy but he did stir up things and embrace arguments.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2014, 05:27:11 pm »

seemingly no self control
This is kind of the heart of it. There is or at least can be a difference between someone who's just sort of an unrepentant douche and someone who seems to have genuine control/communication issues.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2014, 05:30:03 pm »

I meant from the ban to the fallout. It hasn't even been a day and we're invading other forums and getting petitions locked.

O_o what?

Apparently somebody started some council thing in the General Discussion forum, which naturally prompted a backlash from the General Discussion crowd.

Oh that. Yeah I was there. I thought you literally meant another forum.
It's FEF, not FEOF

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2014, 05:34:54 pm »

O_o what?

Yeah, me too. I was thinking, like, Giant in the Playground or Cartographer's Guild.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2014, 05:37:24 pm »

This is kind of the heart of it. There is or at least can be a difference between someone who's just sort of an unrepentant douche and someone who seems to have genuine control/communication issues.
Seems the latter. He has asbergers syndrome, which affects communication, understanding and so forth. Actually, it also explains his nitpicking nature aswell. It is hard to let it go if you have AS. Not in any way suggesting the ban was wrong, mind you.
Nice enough guy, but he definitely shoulda seen the signs and stopped. Oh well.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2014, 05:41:47 pm »

O_o what?

Yeah, me too. I was thinking, like, Giant in the Playground or Cartographer's Guild.
I don't consider the other boards separate entities, personally.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2014, 05:49:18 pm »

Well, the whole thing is the Bay 12 Games forums. Each board is a forum, and the boards within them are subforums, etc. It's kind of a confusing terminology.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2014, 06:40:32 pm »

Seems the latter. He has asbergers syndrome, which affects communication, understanding and so forth. Actually, it also explains his nitpicking nature aswell. It is hard to let it go if you have AS. Not in any way suggesting the ban was wrong, mind you.
Damn right.
Just cause he has Asperger's doesn't mean he should get special treatment. I have it, ADHD, Depression, and Anxiety, but haven't been banned.
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2014, 06:00:16 am »

Damn right.
Just cause he has Asperger's doesn't mean he should get special treatment. I have it, ADHD, Depression, and Anxiety, but haven't been banned.
I agree. I have Asperger's Syndrome as well and the signs of the approaching permanent were incredibly blatant. I know it can be hard tearing yourself away from an argument and knowing when you aren't wanted in a conversation, but his ignorance seems more intentional then anything.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2014, 08:33:02 pm »

Damnit. Anyone wanna learn to play GURPS? I'm running a simple introductory campaign in classic dungeon crawling style.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6