Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44

Author Topic: The Rise and Fall of Roomcarnage :: an ongoing Dwarf Fortress story  (Read 367634 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise and Fall of Roomcarnage :: an ongoing Dwarf Fortress story
« Reply #450 on: December 16, 2015, 11:34:32 pm »

Well, the new version is out. I've played about 10 minutes of it, as a human bard with a sitar-like instrument, strung with glass. Strange.

Anyways, I'm about a third of the way through the captions for this chapter. It's... a special one.
Oh sweet Armok, Roomcarnage has crumbled to its' end! :'( :'(  Say it isn't so!  /panic

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 17, 2015, 05:15:17 pm »

A "special story" of DF... that can only mean death and destruction.
You have my approval already.
Engraved is a superior rendition of an image of Arkoth, the local deity of balance and speech, and two elves. Arkoth is burning the two elves. Arkoth is laughing. The two elves are suffering. The image was commissioned by the Round Guild, a local dwarven government.

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 18, 2015, 12:03:13 pm »

Well, the new version is out. I've played about 10 minutes of it, as a human bard with a sitar-like instrument, strung with glass. Strange.

Anyways, I'm about a third of the way through the captions for this chapter. It's... a special one.
Oh sweet Armok, Roomcarnage has crumbled to its' end! :'( :'(  Say it isn't so!  /panic

It isn't so! You may cease your panicking.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 19, 2015, 09:27:56 am »

... contact with the outside world was established?!? :O
hamster cheese supplies are low

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 19, 2015, 12:28:07 pm »

... contact with the outside world was established?!? :O

I will say this: this will not be the last chapter.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 30, 2015, 12:42:13 pm »

I hoped for a christmas release.
Then, I hoped for a belated christmas release.
Cross your fingers for New Year's Eve!
Engraved is a superior rendition of an image of Arkoth, the local deity of balance and speech, and two elves. Arkoth is burning the two elves. Arkoth is laughing. The two elves are suffering. The image was commissioned by the Round Guild, a local dwarven government.

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 31, 2015, 05:46:37 pm »

Ask and ye shall receive! Chapter 55 has been posted!

I gotta say...

Spoiler: Ch.55 (click to show/hide)

Happy New Year!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 31, 2015, 07:06:44 pm »

Well, that was grim.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 31, 2015, 08:08:21 pm »

Just about every other chapter of this has me thinking "Okay, no way Roomcarnage can recover from that." I hope you surprise me once again.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 31, 2015, 09:47:42 pm »

Oh man.  The Worthy Seals and Rapidity Of Ink have been around for ages, sending countless undead to the relative safety of the caverns and magma.  Even The Skinny Gloves and Fenced Release, although newer, still proved their worth many times.  After so much success against The Ice Of Ghosts, a complete route of Roomcarnage's military was unthinkable.

Is there any way to prevent confirmation of the deaths like with Simo Veiledsins?  And on a slightly less grim note, are you the one drawing all of the chapter covers?

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 31, 2015, 09:56:18 pm »

Is there any way to prevent confirmation of the deaths like with Simo Veiledsins?  And on a slightly less grim note, are you the one drawing all of the chapter covers?

At this point, no. Many deaths were confirmed, since it was a more traditional battle, as opposed to Simo Veiledsins, which is a basically a biological weapon of mass destruction.

And the chapter covers are Overseer screenshots, sent through many, many filters.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 01, 2016, 02:11:49 am »

Wow.
That was a hell of a chapter.

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 01, 2016, 02:24:36 am »

Well. That was surprising.
Amazing work once again.
Er, atleast I think that's right.

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 01, 2016, 08:05:03 am »

Called it. However, I would've never guessed it would happen this gloriously like this.

primalucem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cursespoke
« Reply #464 on: January 01, 2016, 12:53:10 pm »

Never fails.  I turn from Dwarf Fortress to other games, and have fun for a while. Then Roomcarnage updates, and I know I'll soon be back in the mines.

Nice work as always.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44