Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44

Author Topic: The Rise and Fall of Roomcarnage :: an ongoing Dwarf Fortress story  (Read 367664 times)

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise and Fall of Roomcarnage :: an ongoing Dwarf Fortress story
« Reply #345 on: April 28, 2015, 07:55:37 am »

the horror never ends...

after seeing this, I don't think that area can be reclaimed without magma sterilization...
hamster cheese supplies are low

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 28, 2015, 10:51:12 am »

Holy carp. :o

- Mommy?... Have you seen my mommy? She went out...
- Don't worry, kid. She'll be alright... I'm sure.

- Honey? I'm home.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 05, 2015, 05:30:19 pm »

the horror never ends...

after seeing this, I don't think that area can be reclaimed without magma sterilization...

Not even Magma Sterilization works. Undead don't melt due to some coding... flaws.

ninjatwitch

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 06, 2015, 10:31:15 pm »

Not even Magma Sterilization works. Undead don't melt due to some coding... flaws.

Let's say you encase a zombie in obsidian then mine the block it is inside, does a zombie pop out? Or does it disappear?

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 07, 2015, 02:43:57 am »

It can happen. A corpse, usually a skeleton is found.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 10, 2015, 04:07:18 pm »

the horror never ends...

In 40.xx all creatures, living and dead, now take fire and magma damage properly.
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 11, 2015, 12:19:35 am »

What a wonderful world you all must live in. I haven't played 0.40.xx since it was first released.

So, today marks the one year anniversary of Roomcarnage's first chapter. Happy IRL birthday, Roomcarnage!
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 11, 2015, 01:06:40 am »

Woot! Good job! Do you sometimes feel like you'd rather play the newer version, or are you confortable running this using DF 2012?

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 11, 2015, 10:17:35 am »

I have no complaints with DF2012. At times I wonder how the dwarves of the Momentous Dye would handle the new emotional stresses, and I'm thankful they don't. All the changes to vegetation and trees wouldn't matter much on a lifeless glacier. The pulping mechanics, I think, are the one thing I wish I could fit into Roomcarnage - then again, from what I hear, undead in DF2014 are worse than ever, so maybe not.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 11, 2015, 10:47:32 am »

The only things that were more awful back in the 34.11 days were ravens, so I hear. I only played a bit of 34.11 while poking around trying different things during the bugfix update spam period late last year.

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 11, 2015, 11:41:08 am »

Giant sponges used to be pretty nasty as well. Immune to bludgeoning damage, and too big to be bisected by any normal weapon, the giant sponges were nigh-invincible. With the introduction of pulping in 0.40.xx, sponges are finally as dangerous as you'd expect them to be.

As far as dangerous creatures go, I still remember the time back in 40d when I embarked near a river full of alligators, snapping turtles, and longnose gar. The carnage was spectacular.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 11, 2015, 12:05:55 pm »

Seeing "the carnage was spectacular" from you makes me worried.

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 11, 2015, 09:44:46 pm »

Seeing "the carnage was spectacular" from you makes me worried.

Oh, you didn't think I was telling this story in the hopes that everything would turn out okay in the end, did you?

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 11, 2015, 10:07:06 pm »

Well, gee thanks, now I've purchased my ''They lived happily ever after in Roomcarnage'' t-shirt and it was all for nothing!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 11, 2015, 11:35:32 pm »

I accompanied a caravan to Roomcarnage but all I got was this foul fog soaked t-shirt and an all-consuming hatred for the living.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44