Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44

Author Topic: The Rise and Fall of Roomcarnage :: an ongoing Dwarf Fortress story  (Read 367614 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: The Rise and Fall of Roomcarnage :: an ongoing Dwarf Fortress story
« Reply #285 on: February 08, 2015, 12:33:49 pm »

Dammit, I was mad because I thought it was updated, but then I noticed it was you, and gotta say your vampires scared the crap out of me... a naked elder human vampire recruit ambushing you is damned unsettling, much more so when they bust out the speed boost and go from 15 to 2 squares away by the time you move once. Shame I can't figure out how to keep gear from dropping to the ground during a transformation.

Scary indeed, some vampires have their own magic. I looked at the "elder vampire wolf form" and they are missing the [EQUIPS] tag. I'll address this next update.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:37:02 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 08, 2015, 08:27:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 09, 2015, 06:24:17 pm »

Chapter 45 has been posted!

Thank you to everyone for the praise. I hope you continue to enjoy the story!

Also, Roomcarnage is now on the sidebar of the Dwarf Fortress subreddit, which I suppose is some sort of accomplishment. Again, thanks to everyone who has shown support for the story these past few months. I don't want to jinx anything, but I can't help but feel as if things are winding up to a stunning conclusion - but I guess we'll see!
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 10, 2015, 01:58:18 pm »

Chapter 45 has been posted!

Thank you to everyone for the praise. I hope you continue to enjoy the story!

Also, Roomcarnage is now on the sidebar of the Dwarf Fortress subreddit, which I suppose is some sort of accomplishment. Again, thanks to everyone who has shown support for the story these past few months. I don't want to jinx anything, but I can't help but feel as if things are winding up to a stunning conclusion - but I guess we'll see!

Congratulations. I'm hoping you are still considering jumping into Dark Ages on a future play through. ;)

I added a "fire & ice" advanced world parameter with Roomcarnage in mind.  Although, I didn't mess with the flattening stuff that you did.

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 10, 2015, 02:57:13 pm »

I definitely am considering it still, yes. Although, after wrapping up Roomcarnage, I may be a bit burnt out - but it's definitely something I've been thinking about.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 10, 2015, 08:08:41 pm »

Good lord those vamps are scary, fun as an adventurer with the speed boost though!

Course, Rith could have fired it off and bolted inside before you could move a dorf to a lever.

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 15, 2015, 01:27:15 pm »

I definitely am considering it still, yes. Although, after wrapping up Roomcarnage, I may be a bit burnt out - but it's definitely something I've been thinking about.

Breaks are good.

I  have to say, the last update was very tense - and while it makes for good reading, maybe it makes for draining playing/writing?
hamster cheese supplies are low

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 16, 2015, 02:45:36 pm »

Breaks are good.

I  have to say, the last update was very tense - and while it makes for good reading, maybe it makes for draining playing/writing?

"Draining" isn't a bad way to describe it. You have to understand, I don't retain any momentum from chapter to chapter. Usually I spend a few hours, tops, playing and recording a chapter. That part of it is fun and easy. Everything else is writing the captions, which sort of takes a lot out of me. By the time I publish a chapter and move on to the next one, it will have been weeks since I'd actually played DF. It's definitely a labor of love, but in a strange way I'm looking forward to when it is over.

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 18, 2015, 10:57:59 pm »

Chapter 46 is up!

Well folks, this might be the time to place bets.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 18, 2015, 11:32:20 pm »

New Roomcarnage, great evening. Ty.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 19, 2015, 12:26:39 am »

That's one hell of a cliff hanger!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 19, 2015, 01:14:41 am »

...I see you went to the Dr. Frank N. Further school of dramatic...

...pauses.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 19, 2015, 09:27:23 am »

Oh Armok... :o
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

MrCompassionate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 20, 2015, 06:13:08 am »

How did the quadraped get in?
NOW THE DEMONS OF THE UNDERWORLD SHALL SHARE IN MY HELL! NOTHING IS WORSE THAN A RAVEN CORPSE! NOTHING!

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 20, 2015, 07:08:20 am »

How did the quadraped get in?
Without the zombies on the ledge to distract it it made it's way through the garbage chute unmolested. It has wings afterall.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44