Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Resident Evil - SPECIAL Operation: Fallen STARS [IC Thread]  (Read 10889 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

(No Out-of-character discussion may take place here. Take it to the OOC Thread)

-7 Hours Ago-

Chief Overbeck sat at her desk and took another small puff from her cigar. She got no joy from it. The undercover reports from Ulados City were starting to rob her of the small pleasures in life. “Damn it all to hell.” She growled as she flicked the cigar to the floor of her office and gracefully, as the situation permitted, stomped out the small flame.

She often did this. The small disrespect to the rules allowed her to feel more at ease with the growing number of bio-terrorist incidents in the past few months. First Raccoon City, then the Arklay Mansion incident went public, then the incident in South City (The one beside Highway 45), followed by the other South City incident (This one located near Highway 23), and now possibly Ulados.

Chief Overbeck was even more annoyed that the STARS Delta Team had yet to report in for their mission briefing. Looking over the files she couldn’t help but worry.

This team looked more suited for a target elimination mission than anything else. Definitely not the group she would pick for a undercover mission. Yet STARS had deemed them as the best possible choice for the mission. She couldn’t help but reach for another cigar before stopping herself. She knew she should pick up the stubbed out one on the floor first. ”When are they going to get here?”

Spoiler: Kyle Johnson/KJ1225 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 06:06:32 pm by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Resident Evil - SPECIAL Operation: Fallen STARS [IC Thread]
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 04:24:07 pm »

Klasha opened the door with slightly more force than necessary and prowled in.
"Operative Beselovskaya Klara Afanasievna reporting, Chief." She grinned. "Heard there's a job for me."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 04:50:26 pm »

Harvey wandered in several minutes later, a grave expression on his face.

"Are they back?"
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 05:33:10 pm »

Serana walked in quietly and leaned up against a wall. She crossed her arms and waited for everyone else to arrive.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 06:19:31 pm »

Klasha opened the door with slightly more force than necessary and prowled in.
"Operative Beselovskaya Klara Afanasievna reporting, Chief." She grinned. "Heard there's a job for me."

"It's good you're finally here. I was starting to get worried." Captain Overbeck said with a relieved smirk "But you'll have to wait for everyone else though. I only want to do this briefing once."

Harvey wandered in several minutes later, a grave expression on his face.

"Are they back?"

Captain Overbeck paused for several moments before replying "They?"

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 06:27:12 pm »

"The virus."
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 06:31:53 pm »

The brief pause was all the STARS members needed to confirm the answer. Nevertheless after several seconds Captain Overbeck whispered "We believe so."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 06:34:46 pm »

Harvey looks at her for a moment.

"I don't suppose your going to give me the team I need are you?"
Caine's law.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2014, 06:36:08 pm »

"I will give you all the details when the rest of the team gets here. We're waiting on two other members."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2014, 06:41:09 pm »

Harvey slides a finger over the tags embedded across his chest as he responds.

"Its going to happen all over again."
Caine's law.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2014, 06:42:19 pm »

Captain Overbeck's hand, hidden by the desk, clenched into a fist as she whispered "Not this time."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2014, 06:48:37 pm »

"Keep dreaming. Your sending 4 rookies into a city of hundreds of thousands. Not one of them has ever seen an infected outside of a report and that's just the regular infected. If the virus gets loose this will be a cluster tuck that none of this team has any preperation for.

I've been requesting permission to create a real team to face this threat since it happened and now it's to late. Don't expect to see all of this lot again.
"
Caine's law.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2014, 06:57:16 pm »

Lance was seemingly the last member to arrive.
"Lance Kaiser reporting for duty. What's the mission?"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 07:07:14 pm »

"Keep dreaming. Your sending 4 rookies into a city of hundreds of thousands. Not one of them has ever seen an infected outside of a report and that's just the regular infected. If the virus gets loose this will be a cluster tuck that none of this team has any preperation for.

I've been requesting permission to create a real team to face this threat since it happened and now it's to late. Don't expect to see all of this lot again.
"

Captain Overbeck was calm as she decided that she did, in fact, want another cigar. Grabbing one from her 'personal drawer' within her desk she made a bit of a show of lighting it with a match. As the inhaled the smoke she looked at Harvey with a neutral expression.

"I assume you are Agent Bekter correct? I am not in charge of the STARS unit. I have simply requested an adequate team from STARS in the hope that they would choose to relocate here. I am however, currently, your commanding officer so I would appreciate if you treated me as such. The number of STARS members who survived Raccoon City are few. The number of whom still serve are fewer still. But I have access to all five, yes five Agent Kaiser" Captain Overbeck said to the now entering Lance "Agent files. This team is more than capable of handling anything a bioterrorist could throw at them. Now if you think all four of them will die... I'm sure you won't let that happen will you Agent Bekter? You don't seem the type."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 07:11:23 pm »

While this dramatic scene unfurled, Klasha had recovered the part-smoked cigar from the floor.
Ah, nice brand. She muttered quietly. At Harvey's words, she snorted. "Listen, big guy, full of it, aren't you? Hell, an elementary schooler got out of Raccoon, so forgive me if I think you're full of shit. I think I can take on a few walking stiffs. I've had people try to eat me before, and they didn't have rigor mortis."

She saw Overbeck smoking and gestured towards the stump she held.
"You wanting this back, Chief?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12