Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Dungeon, OOC/Recruitment Thread  (Read 2158 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Dungeon, OOC/Recruitment Thread
« on: June 13, 2014, 02:51:43 pm »

At first the Archaeology Team thought they had found another ancient Mead Hall, which although interesting and a good experience for the younger diggers, wasn't anything unusual to find in Northern Europe. The find, however, became significant when a staircase, leading into a long unlit corridor with strange images on the walls, was found. These images resisted any attempt by the Archaeologists to translate or understand them, until one of their young interns pointed out that one of the bigger ones 'kinda looks like Gem Knight Crystal'.

From there things moved fast; Egyptologists were flown in, and were quick to confirm that these ruins, like those back in Egypt, were linked to the Duel Monsters trading card game. Maximilian Pegasus, knowing first hand that ancient ruins connected to his trading card game could very well contain something dangerous and powerful, promptly purchased the dig site, called off the teams of researchers, and sent in a handful of elite duelists to explore. All time greats in the dueling world, such as Yugi Muto, Seto Kaiba, Jaden Yuki, as well as several contemporary duelist champions, all set off to explore the ruins at Pegasus' invitation. None of them have been heard from since.

Desperate to see whatever is at the bottom of the dungeon contained and controlled, Pegasus did something that he hadn't done in years; He called a tournament, a contest to explore and conqueror the dungeon. Now eager young duelists flock to what has been named Duelist Dungeon, hoping to earn fame, glory (and the one hundred million dollar grand prize), and prove themselves better than the dungeon that has claimed so many who have tried before...

What is this?

Duelist Dungeon is a character driven game that will combine good role play, dungeon crawling, and of course children's card games. The Dungeon Crawl elements will be carried out on the forums, RP either on the forums or on IRC, and the duels on DevPro.

The story is set 30 years after GX in an alternate Yu-Gi-Oh! universe where Synchro and XYZ monsters have been introduced as regular old cards with no specific plot significance. Cards stated to be exceedingly rare in Yu-Gi-Oh! or GX have since received numerous re-prints, and can be easily obtained. Some cards will have plot significance and extreme rarity, but I will choose which cards do from the cards that my players don't start with.

This game will be run by Myself, Weirdsound, and my equally weird sounding brother nuclearwhale. Players will mainly be selected by the coolness of their backstory, but since we have two GMs, we can have more players than the average game.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Appearance: (Submit a picture please, text description is optional)

Backstory: (Include your character's reason for signing up for a Tournament that takes place in a dungeon that seeming eats people)

Deck:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Dungeon, OOC/Recruitment Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 04:10:27 pm »

PTW, might make a character later.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 04:14:41 pm »

PTW
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 04:16:27 pm »

PTW, already in a game, but if push comes to shove I could try to double play.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 04:16:47 pm »

By the way, why'd you make the deck building process so complicated?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 04:39:00 pm »

By the way, why'd you make the deck building process so complicated?

We made the deckbuilding process complicated in an attempt to make the older decks as good as the new ones. If we let you take the structure decks as is, the newer decks would have a clear advantage, and we want an even playing field. We want someone who picks Dragons Roar to be just as good as someone who picks Cyber Dragon's Revolution. Its not perfect of course, but we can't let you choose your decks from scratch, because we want there to be a progression, and we think this is the best way to do it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 04:45:53 pm »

I'll...consider.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 04:47:29 pm »

Hmmm, I'l consider as well.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 11:00:05 pm »

Posting to play.

I'm trying to find a good music or sound themed archetype or at least series that I could try to work into a structure deck or something.

Any ideas?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 11:09:06 pm »

Posting to play.

I'm trying to find a good music or sound themed archetype or at least series that I could try to work into a structure deck or something.

Any ideas?

Try these guys. As Xyzs they can go into pretty much any deck with the right level of monsters.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 11:20:03 pm »

So, does 'normal monsters' in step 6 mean they can't be effect monsters, or they can't be fusion/synchro/Xyz etc.?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 11:49:18 pm »

Ptw will make char later

Also is banned card include anima cards?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 11:55:38 pm »

So, does 'normal monsters' in step 6 mean they can't be effect monsters, or they can't be fusion/synchro/Xyz etc.?
As far as I'm aware, there are no non-effect synchro/xyz monsters under level 3 so it shouldn't even come up, unless you plan on using a non effect fusion that is level 3 or under. Nevertheless, I just checked with Wierdsound, who says they don't count.
Ptw will make char later

Also is banned card include anima cards?

You can't use anime cards for several reasons, which I will not delve into here because I am typing on my phone. You can find the official ban list here: http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 12:13:00 am »

I just meant, do we have to take shit like Baby Dragon or can I take more Six Samurai cards?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 12:19:51 am »

I just meant, do we have to take shit like Baby Dragon or can I take more Six Samurai cards?

Shit like baby dragon. Bad stuff can happen in the dungeon. Cards can get lost or stolen or destroyed. Those filler cards are just to make sure you can still field a 40 card deck if you get unlucky early on. I wouldn't recommend putting them in your deck under normal circumstances.
Pages: [1] 2