Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40

Author Topic: Arms Dealer - Back from the Dead  (Read 56293 times)

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Dealer - Feedback needed
« Reply #525 on: October 09, 2014, 07:46:17 pm »

Fikes: I didn't get to watch a lot of the video, but you seem very well adapted to doing youtube videos :)

Thanks, but I am not. I felt awkward (do I really sound like that?). One really funny thing is how I talk with my hands, even when "my hands" is a mouse. You see me move it all over the place and make big circles when I am trying to explain something.

I am hoping to talk more directly about conflicts and moral choices next time but everyone else on the project is really busy so I don't want to use up too much of their time.

Please do post questions here or on the video though. I want to get a list together and see if I can corner the developer into answer a few questions.

I always remember the first community manager for Dark Age of Camelot. She had a post on Friday where she would ask really complicated questions from the community directly to the developers and designers. I thought it was an excellent piece that every game should adopt.

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 10, 2014, 12:59:35 am »

Yeah, as far as I know hemmingjay's been inside or related to the gamdev industry for a while now :))
Oh, that clears up all of my questions then :)
Thanks!

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 13, 2014, 10:09:29 pm »

Time's closing in until the game is available, still can't wait to grab it and start playing. Wish Steam had the countdown timer though  :D.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 13, 2014, 11:05:14 pm »

Hi everyone! I'm sorry for my absence. As you can imagine I have been insanely busy and have been relying on Fikes to be my representative here. It works well because he's so good at it!

Anyway, tomorrow is the big day and Arms Dealer goes on Sale on Steam and Amazon at 5pm EST(GMT-5/UTC-4) although, I am trying to launch it a few hours sooner as a surprise ;)

I hope some of you are interested in the game or supporting us enough to purchase it tomorrow at the low price of $13.37 in US and Europe. In a few weeks I will give a bunch of keys to Christonian to help out those who can't afford the game. Eventually everyone here will get a copy, but for now, myself, Fikes and the rest of the team would really appreciate it if you could buy a copy(only if interested obviously). We need help to have a strong opening week of sales in order to stand out.

I have posted a lot of information on what to expect and reasons to buy or not to buy the game in the Steam forums. Those are our regular forums so please contact me there if you need something. Or private message me here. Thanks for all of the support guys and gals. I will continue to support B12 by providing games for giveaways the same as I always have, and if successful, even more so.

I'm off to grind out the last 12 hours of work and hopefully get some sleep at release so I can wake up after the game has had a full 24 hrs to rack up some sales. My expectations are low but I hope to be surprised.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 14, 2014, 12:35:34 am »

Yeah, you baddies didn't choose me for beta so I'm going to have my revenge by BUYING THE GAME WHEN IT COMES OUT! Bwahahaha! Bet you'll be really sorry then!*

*Thanks for the past giveaways. I'm buying it not only because nowadays I can actually buy games on whim, but because it seems like something that might actually be good. I'll advertise it to everyone if I like it.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 14, 2014, 01:58:51 am »

I find it weird that there is no steam/amazon link on the first post.
Well, there is the link to the FB page which contains the steam link, but... :/
Anyway, one day left, now :D

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 14, 2014, 02:51:50 am »

Yeah, you baddies didn't choose me for beta so I'm going to have my revenge by BUYING THE GAME WHEN IT COMES OUT! Bwahahaha! Bet you'll be really sorry then!*

*Thanks for the past giveaways. I'm buying it not only because nowadays I can actually buy games on whim, but because it seems like something that might actually be good. I'll advertise it to everyone if I like it.
+1
Enjoy the sweet sweet revenge of taking my money, you fools!  Victory is mine!

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 14, 2014, 03:41:02 am »

I find it weird that there is no steam/amazon link on the first post.
Well, there is the link to the FB page which contains the steam link, but... :/
Anyway, one day left, now :D

Ha. Nice catch.

Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/325630

I am actually not sure about the Amazon link.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 14, 2014, 04:36:30 am »

I've been lurking this thread, and wow am I interested. You've definitely got a sale from me.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 14, 2014, 04:44:52 am »

I am working on uploading a second game-play video now. Almost an hour of game time compressed into about 15 minutes.

Last weeks video (the introduction) is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WkxntHgi6c

The new video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkUvmIMwJuw&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 08:20:26 am by Fikes »

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #535 on: October 14, 2014, 01:29:06 pm »

Sooooo, would you guys prefer we purchase it before or after it's out of early access?

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 14, 2014, 02:55:28 pm »

This Happened while Saving and exiting on easy difficulty, I had a memory error earlier too.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 14, 2014, 05:01:21 pm »

Sooooo, would you guys prefer we purchase it before or after it's out of early access?
If you are going to judge it as a finished product as soon as you buy it, just wait till it is out of early access. 
On that note, I picked it up, reckon I'll wait till it is complete.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 14, 2014, 05:16:37 pm »

We can always use the sales numbers on the first day or two especially, but if you want to wait until it's done I won't hold it against you. We need all the help we can get though since we released against a horror game and Borderlands. Obviously we don't compete with either, but it certainly doesn't help that so many people are spending the majority of their budget on AAA games today. The good news is that over the next couple of weeks we will catch quite a few as they get bored waiting for the next AAA game.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 14, 2014, 05:17:20 pm »

So, where's that free copy I was promised?  >:(

Just kidding, I went and bought it- I look forward to telling you what I think and what bugs/exploits I come across. Take that $13.87* and keep making games with neat ideas and a pro-consumer attitude!

*How much does Steam scrape off the top? I've always been curious.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40