Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40

Author Topic: Arms Dealer - Back from the Dead  (Read 56316 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Arms Dealer - Back from the Dead
« on: June 12, 2014, 07:28:49 am »

Arms Dealer is an upcoming weapon smuggling simulator. The premise is that you, the player, have inherited a small amount of cash, a custom computer and a trusted business connection from a father you never knew. Your father was not in your life, but up until his disappearance he had provided for the you and your mother. Even though there are other options, the arms trade seemed to provide your father a lot of easy money and travel. You decide to step into his shoes and contact the number of a trusted friend he left behind.

The premise of the game is that you buy weapons from the 10 leading arms supplying countries in the world. Initially your options and connections are limited as you do not have the reputation or resources that your father once did. You must prove yourself by smuggling weapons into various countries around the world, bypassing blockades, trade embargoes and dealing with psychotic warlords and ego-maniacal dictators alike.  Each weapon supplier has unique hardware to offer you, with an expanding catalog and supply as you gain trust.

Elaborate description:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Welcome to your new life as an Arms Dealer.

I have multiple partnerships to announce in the coming weeks, Alienware is sponsoring the game and will be promoting it as well as giving it away with certain new systems sold in late 2014.
Expected PC release date July 31st, 2014 Mac, Mobile and console to follow in Autumn 2014. Arms Mogul is a "sequel" that is in pre-preproduction. All rights reserved.
https://www.facebook.com/ArmsDealertheGame?ref=hl        Yes, I know you all hate FB. My website is launching in a week.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 12:04:57 pm by hemmingjay »
Only a simple mind can be certain.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Dealer - Weapon smuggling tycoon game
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 07:37:25 am »

looks pretty cool. i am glad that things are picking up for you hemmingjay.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 08:28:20 am »

Very nice, very nice. Hope everything goes well with your studio.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 09:12:30 am »

Oh man, this sure came out of nowhere! :) Great concept, looking forward to hearing / learning more and playing the final product.

Do you guys also have Belgian weaponry included in the game?
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 10:06:49 am »

Looks awesome! Glad to hear about it relatively close to the release date, too.
One question: Will conflicts be won? Could I for instance play the game with a loyalty to an alliance and generally help that alliance, potentially leading to them expanding?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 10:10:56 am »

Awesome.  Looks cool.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 10:48:53 am »

This looks pretty dang good!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 10:54:12 am »

Sweet!
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 12:25:12 pm »

Could you, theoretically, sell so many guns and weapons to the Netherlands, that they manage to topple the US and establish dominance?

If no: Why not?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 01:22:12 pm »

Could you, theoretically, sell so many guns and weapons to the Netherlands, that they manage to topple the US and establish dominance?

Bonus points if the guns are bought from Poland.
You know one of the 3 countries that keeps on making internationally banned cluster munitions alongside USA and North Korea.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 02:00:06 pm »

You know one of the 3 countries that keeps on making internationally banned cluster munitions alongside USA and North Korea.

The what now? I'm a Pole and I've never heard of that.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 02:03:18 pm »

Reminds me of an older game for the TI-83 series calculator, though with much better graphics, obviously.

A twinge of nostalgia for that otherwise simplistic game has me keeping an eye on this.

My only hope is that it doesn't have Facebook integration and microtransactions, as those are ruining most games I play on mobile platforms these days.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 02:07:19 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 02:48:17 pm »

You know there are maaaaaaaaaaaany more countries still producing cluster munitions, and so many more that have stockpiles of them. The whole convention is a bs.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 03:32:11 pm »

Needs more Nicholas Cage.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 03:44:21 pm »

The what now? I'm a Pole and I've never heard of that.
You know there are maaaaaaaaaaaany more countries still producing cluster munitions, and so many more that have stockpiles of them. The whole convention is a bs.

Ok one of the many (most eastern europe and asia didn't sign along with the US of A) but i think i vaguely remember reading an article about it that mentioned poland and north korea so thats what made me thing of the trio.
Anyway Poland is clearly not among the cuntires that signed the Cluster Munitions Convention.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40