Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33

Author Topic: From the Depths now on steam and with multiplayer  (Read 79920 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: From the Depths now on steam and with multiplayer
« Reply #270 on: December 31, 2015, 10:58:11 am »

You can make a decent submarine using ACBs, ye, though likely not one that the AI can control properly, at least not the sailing AI.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 01, 2016, 09:19:10 pm »

Does anyone know how the recoil dampeners work for the advanced cannons?  It didn't seem to want to connect with the gun, no matter where I placed it.

Ended up settling for a missile battery instead for my prototype starter ship.
Recoil dampeners only attach to gauge increases/coolers, iirc.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 02, 2016, 02:20:00 pm »

HARK a bump!

On sale, 65% off.  $20 down to $7.  Get it while it's hot, fail to build boats, watch Let's Plays for days, cry, sit in vehicle designer mode blowing stuff up.  Repeat until you feel you've gotten $7 worth of enjoyment.

Alternatively, time to group up and play the worst multiplayer ever?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 02, 2016, 02:28:34 pm »

HARK a bump!

On sale, 65% off.  $20 down to $7.  Get it while it's hot, fail to build boats, watch Let's Plays for days, cry, sit in vehicle designer mode blowing stuff up.  Repeat until you feel you've gotten $7 worth of enjoyment.

Alternatively, time to group up and play the worst multiplayer ever?

I purchased, built a boat that didn't sink and gained a profound sense of achievement, 10/10 best game ever. Now to build one that moves. And after that, lrn2gun. And then combine them to make a cannon dingy.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 04, 2016, 01:25:47 pm »

The v1.885 feature reel gives a pretty good breakdown of the current game. I really hope the WW2 custom campaign kicks off, I think it will be a really fun addition.

Link to the feature reel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utGsRPuwUdA

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 04, 2016, 04:23:02 pm »

Was this game on sale? Goddamnit, for some reason I forgot to put it on my wishlist.
Then again, I spent more than I wanted this time so I probably wouldn't buy it yet.
Robbaz gameplay videos still makes me feel great.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 04, 2016, 07:35:57 pm »

If anyone is looking for multiplayer partners I am always available. Just note I have a fond tendency to like to build ships... specific to games.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #277 on: January 31, 2016, 07:29:28 am »

Pffffff. This game. After finally making a cannon using ship than not only looks and works half-decently as a ship should, and that also can be used by AI (after some more initial tinkering as I quickly figured out AI doesn't play nice with fixed-position forward facing turrets)... I get absolutely rekt by that retrofited Vanguard's tiny plinking pea-shooter. Advanced cannons OP plz nerf. Of course, I then figured out my cannons also lack some gauge increasers and after that my gunboats worked ok-ish. They are still nearly as big as marauders and probably not even half that efficient, but hey, at least it doesn't overturn as I try to steer it and at least I don't need to use that my other, very bulky, missile spammer ship.

Still, it feels like my ships are not nearly as effective against even Deepwater Guard's wooden ships as they should be while my light-steel plated ships keept getting exploded a bit more than I think they should. Not to mention there are tons of pre-built designs that look and simply do stuff better than mine. What do you other people use when you are aiming for something thats decently fast, not really big and uses guns? ACs or CRAMs? Also, which ammo/ammo combination on the newly introduced CRAMs to begin with? Come on people, give me some stats. I want to know all your secrets.

Another thing - can anyone share any tips regarding joining/hosting MP games? Specifically, I can't do either, sometimes I can't even see server's ping, but even when I do, I just keep connecting but newer get in. Did anyone experience anything similar? I found some periodic posts on Steam forums from people who have the same problem as mine but apart from rather old post about opening ports and another about running MP games via .bat file, no concrete solution.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 07:33:57 am by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 31, 2016, 08:09:09 am »

What do you other people use when you are aiming for something thats decently fast, not really big and uses guns?

AC all life http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=602717751

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 04, 2016, 10:41:23 am »

bump!

this thing has been recently updated with tons of content, mods are adding in all block shapes and materials, plus there's a new adventure mode in testing which sounds extra cool:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=19667

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 04, 2016, 03:19:26 pm »

Particle cannons, too
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 05, 2016, 03:34:09 am »

I've had this game on my library for a while but never got to learning it. Recently I stumbled upon a series of basic tutorial videos by ireLAN Gaming on YouTube and now working on my first ship. Anyone else knows other useful, up-to-date guides? I found many guides to be outdated due to the game's constant updates.

My goal is to be able to build ships similar to USS Independence (Littoral Combat Ship), with its helipad replaced by missile racks. Is it possible to conceal weapons so they'd only be deployed/extent out of the hull when certain enemies are nearby?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 05, 2016, 08:30:19 am »

A pair of ACB blocks set to activate when there are enemies in range/not in range, set to move spin blocks to specific angles.  Then just use a spin block or two to make a big door or something.  And set the local weapon controller to only fire under a certain range, otherwise it might try to fire them while the door is closed.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 07, 2016, 06:28:48 pm »

Thanks MrRoboto. May use this method on a stealthy ship.
=
I spent the entire day building my first ship (and vehicle) ever in From the Depths. I based the hullshape on the non-catamaran version of this ship. She has a 120mm APS cannon in the bow and 108 5-block missile launchers on the rear. The problem is speed, she only reaches 13-14m/s with 6 large propeller.

So my questions are:
What is an ideal speed for guided missile corvette?

Am I correct to assume the relatively slow speed (to me) is caused by the hull's high drag?

If yes is there a good tutorial on building a catamaran in FtD?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 07:47:44 pm by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 07, 2016, 07:41:11 pm »

11m/s = 660 m/m, that's 6.6 km every ten minutes 19.8 km every half hour, and 39.6 kph, that may just be one of the fastest naval warships I've ever heard of.

Okay, looked up some modern stats, 21 knots isn't incredibly fast, but it is still respectable.  That 21 knots is faster than the Independence's cruise speed of 18 knots, but well below it's top seed of 44 knots.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 07:56:33 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33