Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33

Author Topic: From the Depths now on steam and with multiplayer  (Read 79943 times)

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: From the Depths now on steam and with multiplayer
« Reply #240 on: December 17, 2015, 05:33:23 pm »

Latest Dev "Air pumps now provide their buoyancy where physics would (in the center of the underwater unbreached internal volume). Visible in build mode with "\" as a blue line always pointing up."

Noooo my Alaska Class inspired heavy cruiser is sinking because of this!! I built all the water tight compartments based on the fact the buoyancy went to the center! Ahhh!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The new fuel engines and advanced projectile cannons are amazing! The old custom cannons are getting reworked into some 'steampunky' thing which will be cool I guess. I really love the 12"/50 on the ship they have some great dakka and before the last patch she was able to take down a bulwark before its ungodly 500mm nukes could sink her (although not without being a mess, but a FLOATING mess!).

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 19, 2015, 06:33:39 pm »

in the stable mode they simplified how advanced cannons get ammunition (no more need to link every input to an output manually)

a change that I very much welcome.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 19, 2015, 06:44:16 pm »

I like that change.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 19, 2015, 07:17:24 pm »

It frankly fixes some of the largest "Waaaay too much to do" that the ACC had

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 20, 2015, 12:28:17 am »

Much less annoying .
Also, removing shell parts allows you to make ships much less explody.

I like the new fuel engines. They are a bit complex to design, depending on what you want to get out of them, but they force you to make choices! no more you have a million power and 20 layers of shields on any big ship. Now you must choose if you want high power and high fuel use, lower power and lower fuel, or intricate designs which can do both.  Want redundant engines? then they must be built to be efficient on llow RPM since they will not operate at max load. With only one, however, or multiple engines of which only one is active, you can optimize for high RPM, allowing denser power.

currently I am working on a cruiser, which will have 2 high RPM, high efficiency engines, each able to fulfill all the needs of the ship. One of them will be kept deactivated to allow high RPM operations. an electrical engine has a ton of charge to use to provide power while I manually switch engines after one is disabled.
but during last simulation, an explosion destroyed the middle of the cruiser, which suggests that either the fuel engine or the bateries are explosive.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 20, 2015, 02:06:17 am »

Fuel engines do go boom, and there are still shell parts, they are just under ammo.

Also, you could probably use the new form of advanced control blocks to make it so they automatically switch over.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 20, 2015, 02:16:26 am »

yes, there are shell parts, but they are no longer required to stay next to the ammo customizer, which increases my flexibility in placing ammunition. ( such as, heavily fortified vaults deep inside the ship with a good distance between them).

haven't experimented with the new control block yet. If it is easy enough, I might use that. I think I would still keep the electric engine to have extra safety. The engine is the most important part of a ship, if it goes the ship is generally going to die.

engines being too explody might be a problem. I could counteract that with a distributed engine ( many small engines), but then switching over during battle might be hard.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 20, 2015, 08:00:00 am »

Want redundant engines? then they must be built to be efficient on llow RPM since they will not operate at max load. With only one, however, or multiple engines of which only one is active, you can optimize for high RPM, allowing denser power.

eh I just use one engine design optimized for max rpm and turn it on only when batteries are less than 25%, turning it off when batteries are at 75% - it is set to provide max rpm to charge batteries, and thus one design stays always at it's optimal range.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 20, 2015, 10:43:40 am »

Ughh, where is the AMMO OUTPUT Feeder  hidden? After watching several bad help videos, I still can't find it... Also why would a Cannon load, fire and then just never load again while it clearly loaded once fine and the ammo resource is at 100% O_o... The update takes some getting used to...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 10:50:06 am by ThtblovesDF »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 20, 2015, 11:29:45 am »

Ok dang it FTD XD

Remind me of my dead dog everytime I ask someone if they want to play it... :'(

(FTD was something we would say for "feed the dog" so the dog wouldn't know we are about to feed him... but he found out eventually)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 20, 2015, 11:56:30 am »

Ughh, where is the AMMO OUTPUT Feeder  hidden? After watching several bad help videos, I still can't find it... Also why would a Cannon load, fire and then just never load again while it clearly loaded once fine and the ammo resource is at 100% O_o... The update takes some getting used to...

Ammo just flow magically now. Ammo parts become equal to barrels and the customiser need no linking. You only need inputs where appropriate and they govern reload rate

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 20, 2015, 12:02:16 pm »

Oh, it looks like larger engines penalize you somewhat by taking longer to spool up or something along those lines.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 20, 2015, 02:52:04 pm »

Is it normal that clips sometimes take 3 000 sec or more to reload at times (ammo-input feeder littarly placed on every possible surface), regardless if it's 1 m or 4m shells.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 20, 2015, 03:12:26 pm »

Is it normal that clips sometimes take 3 000 sec or more to reload at times (ammo-input feeder littarly placed on every possible surface), regardless if it's 1 m or 4m shells.

Yes... because is counts the entire time it is in existence. TECHNICALLY if your fully loaded that timer will just keep going up.

Just make sure it is actually loading

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 20, 2015, 04:32:47 pm »

I'm liking this update very much. localized resources are very interesting to play with, but I can't design a self sustaining flying ship, so can't do a Flying Dutchman campaign :(

those refinery are damn heavy

anyway, look at my new resource transport, an hybrid paddlegun/jet:

it paddles away at 10 m/s but if an enemy come close, it flies off cowardly. LUA POWER! :D
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33