Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33

Author Topic: From the Depths now on steam and with multiplayer  (Read 79877 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: From the Depths now on steam and with multiplayer
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2014, 11:35:58 am »

I like learning, and numbers. Can't find what engine components do nor how to attach ai and stuff

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2014, 11:46:27 am »

I like learning, and numbers. Can't find what engine components do nor how to attach ai and stuff

Engine components provide energy for the ship and consume fuel. They are required to run anything aboard. AI blocks are just blocks like any other you put down a MAINFRAME, which is the central component and then either CARD SLOTs so as to give it a NAVAL AI CARD and/or LOCAL WEAPON CONTROLLERS which act as your turret AI, but those can be trickier and need more in-depth explanation. All of the components are connected by 6-WAY CONNECTORs or any other AI CONNECTOR blocks. Alternatively, you can connect AI components wirelessly, with WIRELESS TRANSMITTERs or WIRELESS RECIEVERs, but again those can be a little tricky/bulky at the start.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2014, 12:01:30 pm »

ptw
Black lives matter.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2014, 12:05:38 pm »

Can't wait for coop campaign mode....

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 11, 2014, 12:54:43 pm »

Could anyone explain me how do I jet engines? I mean, the fuel-fed ones, not the powered ones. Everything seems fine and logical, but then the damn thing works backwards or something.

But that aside, I already have a bunch of fun designs: a choppah that looks like a crossbreed of a Huey and a Chinook, though sadly AI does not seem to be able to use spinners properly so it can mostly hover, a fighter jet, a drifting SAM platform, a BATTLE SAILBOAT and a hoverbike, from the functioning and be-AI-fied ones.

Anyone up for testing the designs against each other?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 11, 2014, 08:21:46 pm »

Do I lose the campaign if I scrap all the starting things to build a ship? Fortress is to damn slow.

Also, do I get full refund for unbuilding?

Tres_Huevos

• Bay Watcher
  • All I want for Christmas are your two front teeth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2014, 10:23:56 pm »

I don't know how much of a refund you get, but it doesn't hurt to scrap some of the extra metal bits around your starting fortress. If you tear the whole thing down you'll stop getting income at the very least; however, I don't know if you'll lose. And last time I played missiles were much more effective at being effective weapons if you're trying to save resources while building. A small, decently mobile ship with a decent missile launcher will get you through the early game stuff without costing too much.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2014, 11:49:04 am »

so, I got an upgraded fotress and a missile boat, then went to fight the neighbouring sector - they retaliated with two flying cruisers and some peddle boat with a massive six piece cannon and double missile launcher

by the time they got at me I had upgraded the fortress a lot. including a 5x6 missile battery, 2  2*4 missile turrets, 1 2*3 minimissile turret, and a massive shield in front

landed one of their flying cruisers, but the pewpewpew of the paddleboat got both my fortress and the missile ship.

out of desperation I charged the peddle boat and started smashing it randomly looking for the ai core, and when I smashed that I capped the ship! the flying cruiser wasn't happy of this of course, and we started trading shoots. he crashed on the water but crippled my ship beyond repair, so I tried to board that as well, but while hitting things to get inside I got killed.

good times!

now I need to restart the campaign a little better, wasting less resources on ships. any tip to defend against huge pewpewpew cannons? shields, even angled decently weren't unable to stop that massive barrage

oh, and enemies were set at 0.25, go figure, I wonder what they would bring at 1.0 strength

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2014, 12:15:31 pm »

Also don't attack with your starter fortress, leave it to gather resources while you go and fight.

And yeah, the fastest way to kill enemy early is to use light weapons to cripple movement then get on board and use a weapon to take out the AI core and other things until the ship dies.  You'll know when a vehicle dies when you get a giant wave of green sparkles heading towards you.  Those sparkles are the resources the ship was made from.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2014, 12:35:45 pm »

Also, the ships are a bit unbalanced. Many of the designs are player-made and many of the guys on the official forums are little less worried about making balanced, cool ships and more about MOAR DAKKA!!! so ya that happens.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2014, 04:05:13 pm »

When I lost it was actually them raiding the fortress. I used a missile boat to attack safely

Anyway, restarted now and they seems a lot more passive. Probably I didn't put enemy difficulty at 0.25 after all, too much difference between now and then

edit: those pesky peddleboatsomething have anti missile lasers on board. that explains everything

edit:

did it! after much much engineering in the vehicle designer, I got a 5 propeller plane fleet that can give a lot of punishment for very few metal. in the campaign, I could only field 3, so I had to fight with the long range support of the fortress.

risky, but with the metal gained eaing that 40pt patrol I could field a ton more planes.

in the only screenshot I managed to take in the heat of the battle, a macross missile size barrage, mostly composed of fragmentation warheads, is going to give a hot welcome to the fleet in the distance. the fragmentation warhead is nasty as even when the laser defense pops one the shrapnel have a good chance of doing quite some damage.

one plane got there early and is having a bad time. the other is in foreground - you can see the launchers below. one missile and two torpedoes.

time for going on the offensive!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 09:48:12 pm by LoSboccacc »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2015, 06:40:21 pm »

Bump!

Check out the designs of the recent budokai 5k tournament!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pt4dAKsgNNc

This game has awesome views

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 03, 2015, 02:55:07 pm »

Hah!! Necro!!!

Well I just picked it up during the Summer sale and now I'm laughing at my shenanigans....

Spoiler: It's running from me (click to show/hide)

That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2015, 12:47:12 am »

Just learned that the game now has working multiplayer campaign. Also heard that multiplayer campaign save files are broken until next week's patch. Once that's fixed I'd love to see a co-op match with some of you fine people. I have fond memories of playing Guns of Icarus Online with Bay12 and I don't see how this can't turn into the same kind of chaotic fun times if we all man a large flying death machine or something.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2015, 03:16:44 am »

has it got dedicated server options? I'll host if that's so
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33