Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33

Author Topic: From the Depths now on steam and with multiplayer  (Read 79933 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: From the Depths now on steam and with multiplayer
« Reply #210 on: November 07, 2015, 08:33:12 am »

well, I wanted to place the turret block ( the one which rotates) below deck, then have a 1 block wide column supporting the firing piece, and connecting it to the rest of the stuff below deck( one block wide means I need only a tiny hole in the deck to allow rotation). However I haven't found a way to make gauge connectors work in the right way for this, 6 way connectors won't connects gauge, so I make a wood column supporting the firing piece, and then bring the gauge connectors down.
Of course, now that I write this I realize that I can just remove the wooden column afterward, and achieve the desired effect. just as long as I make it properly.

Thanks for the information on the clips... that would explain the errors I am getting. Pity, I wanted an huge cannon firing huge ammunition. I'll need to reconsider. ( shorter ammunition or smaller cannon)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 07, 2015, 08:35:00 am »

well, I wanted to place the turret block ( the one which rotates) below deck, then have a 1 block wide column supporting the firing piece, and connecting it to the rest of the stuff below deck( one block wide means I need only a tiny hole in the deck to allow rotation). However I haven't found a way to make gauge connectors work in the right way for this, 6 way connectors won't connects gauge, so I make a wood column supporting the firing piece, and then bring the gauge connectors down.
Of course, now that I write this I realize that I can just remove the wooden column afterward, and achieve the desired effect. just as long as I make it properly.

Thanks for the information on the clips... that would explain the errors I am getting. Pity, I wanted an huge cannon firing huge ammunition. I'll need to reconsider. ( shorter ammunition or smaller cannon)
Use a gauge splitter to change the way your gauge units point.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 07, 2015, 10:20:19 am »

exactly. gauge cooler are perfect for creating the base

Spoiler: see here (click to show/hide)

blueprint here

http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11742

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 07, 2015, 10:43:11 am »

I tried, but it didn't work well. it seemed that it required to be placed on the advanced firing piece directly ( rather than placing it on another block, then adding a firing piece). But I solved simply removing the support later.

now I am trying to understand why autoloaders won't connect to stuff, but that should be simpler.

pre-edit: too slow... I'll take a look at the blueprint. it should help immensely.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 07, 2015, 10:55:08 am »

the T block only connect from the central part - so if you build down to top, you need to make a structure of connectors, then build the gauge stuff gong top to down, then remove the connector supports

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 07, 2015, 06:20:13 pm »

My daily request of "Does anyone want to play this with me? or let me join them?"

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 07, 2015, 11:55:54 pm »

My daily request of "Does anyone want to play this with me? or let me join them?"

*Raises hand?* I always wanted to play this with someone else, at the very least to see another's design philosophy in progress if nothing else. I don't think my little laptop can handle hosting though...

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 08, 2015, 04:04:52 am »

Hurray!

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 08, 2015, 06:46:25 am »

I am too lazy to build warhammer looking battleships. And people dont make them on official forums too.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 08, 2015, 09:29:03 am »

I am too lazy to build warhammer looking battleships. And people dont make them on official forums too.

Warhammer Fantasy? For the Empire look at Carracks. The "Mary Rose" is a good example of that type of ship. High bow and stern with cannons on multiple decks. There was a "Black Ark" in Warhammer Online that you could copy for the Dark Elves, but weapons would have to be guessed at since they're more like floating castles.

Dwarves would have iron clads. "CSS Virginia" and "USS Monitor" are the two that come to my mind for examples. Exaggerated for Warhammer of course.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 08, 2015, 11:40:00 am »

I'd be interested in some multiplayer as well. have enough internet to host, but slow cpu might be an issue.

what were you thinking? campaign? creative build? competitive build?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 08, 2015, 11:43:11 am »

Warhammer Fantasy? For the Empire look at Carracks. The "Mary Rose" is a good example of that type of ship. High bow and stern with cannons on multiple decks. There was a "Black Ark" in Warhammer Online that you could copy for the Dark Elves, but weapons would have to be guessed at since they're more like floating castles.

Dwarves would have iron clads. "CSS Virginia" and "USS Monitor" are the two that come to my mind for examples. Exaggerated for Warhammer of course.

Speaking of which, I wish there was more of a focus on ship-building in this game. Unless much has changed, you can effectively just jam massive cannons on to your squarish looking ship and annhilate everything. Has armor-sloping been added in???

EDIT: That being said, there's a great number of great-looking designs on the forums these days. So what do I know?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 11:45:49 am by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #222 on: November 08, 2015, 11:54:01 am »

Hmmmm, my memory tells me last time I played couple of months ago I could remember cannon shots bouncing off in ship to ship combat... BUT this could very well be the effect of heavy armor plating rather than any kind of sloping.  ???

I wouldn't mind (I would have to spend some time in single player to refresh UI a bit), but I'm asking myself the same thing as LoSboccacc - what did you have in mind exactly?
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 08, 2015, 12:05:06 pm »

according to test advanced cannons do bounce more and deal less damage according to armor sloping. also penetraton fuses are a thing now, so spaced armor is a thing as well.

and spalling is there as well

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 08, 2015, 12:52:12 pm »

according to test advanced cannons do bounce more and deal less damage according to armor sloping. also penetraton fuses are a thing now, so spaced armor is a thing as well.

and spalling is there as well

Well that's fun and new! Although, I am now beginning to see why people are complaining over the UI. It can be a bit clunky, it takes a long to time to navigate and also build.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33