Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 209

Author Topic: Bay12 Courtroom: Thread Retired, New Thread Pending  (Read 251680 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Courtroom: Don't Think We Don't Know How To Weed 'Em Out
« Reply #3075 on: December 07, 2016, 03:04:12 pm »

"I am still the judge, and there will be no popcorn loudly eaten in my court, thank you very much."
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 03:12:19 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #3076 on: December 07, 2016, 03:30:38 pm »

'As you wish, Justice.'

*silently eats popcorn*
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: December 07, 2016, 03:36:28 pm »

"My apologies, your Honour, but Section F5.2 of the Code of the Court explicitly allows 'crunchy snacks, including but not limited to popcorn, potato chips and cheese sticks' to be 'consumed during, but not before or after' a time the Court can reasonably be said to be 'in a state of disarray, disorder, and/or confusion'."
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 03:38:03 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #3078 on: December 07, 2016, 03:45:03 pm »

'Would you like some popcorn too? I got plenty.'

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: December 07, 2016, 03:47:43 pm »

"Part the first: The Court is not in disorder, disarray, or confusion.

Part the second: There is no such document.

Part the third: https://www.federalrulesofcriminalprocedure.org

It does not contain such a rule."
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 03:50:13 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: December 07, 2016, 05:36:12 pm »

"Try again.  I was the last person to sue anyone, and have generally been away since.  Besides, I seem recall the last time we faced off, you wound up going missing for quite some time in order to avoid punishment for an Inverse Chewbacca Offense.  Speaking of, should I send a memo to the Legal League of Attorneys that you are here so they could finish that up?"

"I'll have you know that was my father who fled in the DeLorean and died."

"That said... I suppose that my sources for that indictment are not legal evidence... yet. That trial's time will come."
"There is no such crime.  I move that the indictment be dismissed under Rule for Criminal Procedure 12(b)(3)(B)(iii) and (v) - lack of specificity and failure to state an offense."

"'Failure to state an offense'? Is 'corrupting this court' not an offence? In any case, the defendants are specifically charged with unlawfullly tampering with the goings-on in the courtroom in the interests of a third party, rather than in the interest of justice."

"And as for your evidence... have a look at this!"

The Basics of the Case

Exhibit A

"First, it can be seen that the defendant is a huge fan of '[dubious - discuss]'. This is an extremely weak Wikipedia footnote and using it in this manner is punishable by law."

Exhibit B

"The defendant has failed to engage in adequate legal action when the opportunity presented itself. Suing the GM for inactivity would not only have provided an incentive to keep the thread moving, but also to make an actual case instead of goofy original shenanigans."

Exhibit C

"Additionally, the defendant has not only slacked off and read Sherlock Holmes stories in the middle of a trial, but also edits his own posts without marking what has been edited! Who knows what mischief could be behind that metaphorical wall?"

Exhibit D

"Finally, the defendant has tried to apply real-world law to a courtroom where film characters are tried for violating the laws of physics. Another instance of his dreaded editing can also be observed here."

"These charges are more than adequate to bring the case to trial!"

"As for the other defendant, BadLemonsXI, the charges are much more clear-cut."

Exhibit D

"The defendant is believed to possess an unlawful space fleet and waging unlawful multiversal warfare. They will therefore be tried for this charge under the Generic Conventions."

Exhibit E

"The defendant is also seen to be capable of popping up wherever they wish in the courthouse. This is clear evidence that they possess some unlawful power over the court."

Exhibit F

"Finally, the defendant can be seen to dislike the creation of order in a court of law. This is despite his status as a judge! The implications of this are numerous."

"In conclusion, the prosecution feels that there is more than adequate suspicion that the defendants have engaged in unlawful practices here. The prosecution seeks to expose this and amend the Constitution of the Thread in order to more properly represent the interests of the Court and the People."

"Should the prosecution win in this case, the prosecution requests a sanctioned edit of the Original Post, so that the Constitution of the Thread may be amended such that the ridiculous shenanigans that have taken place in this court for far too long may come to an end. Subsequently, the court will be for the explicit purpose of litigation between forum members in the 'r/KarmaCourt' model, but while maintaining our own personal flair and the extensive use of image editing."

"I'm also willing to participate...if i can find where to access the images of me...Tawa you got a link? I lost mine."
"Or perhaps you would like to see a different form?"

"Would you consider yourself impartial on the matter that is currently being tried?"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
Re: Bay12 Courtroom: What A Tweest
« Reply #3081 on: December 07, 2016, 05:55:52 pm »

"Well shit."

(would do more but got work and a thing to go to after. So im out for the day. Nice to see this getting back to its roots.)
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: December 07, 2016, 06:06:37 pm »

"Even were I to not contest the charges, even were those charges to have merit, that's not how the Constitution works.

Oh, and you're cramming unrelated defendants on unrelated charges into the same case."
Sigtext

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #3083 on: December 07, 2016, 06:17:31 pm »

*Mutters* 'Well I guess no one wants popcorn'

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: December 07, 2016, 06:38:37 pm »

"That is not how the Constitution works?"

Exhibit G

"The inanity of the current Constitution contains two clear lines that mean my charges do have merit."
1. All lawsuits filed must be lighthearted or in jest.
[...]
6. Depending on the circumstances, the trial may be based on actual logic, insane troll logic, or various courtroom antics.

"I could charge you with being a colorless green idea who sleeps furiously, and this case would still be brought to trial!"

"Furthermore, you could stand to not be so dead serious all the time. I mean, this thread isn't a madhouse, but it is, for once, supposed to be all fun and games."

"Moreover, the prosecution believes that the defendants are working together in a secret plot. By inviting two judges to the same plot, the plotter was able to increase the plot power to over 200% and easily corrupt the court. The plot is so secret that the defendants do not even realize that they are working together!"

"The prosecution would also not object to popcorn."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: December 07, 2016, 07:15:29 pm »

"Maybe on my impartiality? I certainly don't want the court corrupted"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: December 07, 2016, 07:18:21 pm »

"Wanting to root out corruption is certainly not a sign of side-taking. It is a sign of humanity."

"Does the defense find endlessblaze to be an acceptable judge?"

Edited for typo
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 07:30:32 pm by Tawa »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: December 07, 2016, 07:27:26 pm »

"ahhhh refreshing, thank you. before I am chosen I would like to point out I have also been involved in the original plot cases. I trust the court does not find this grounds to exclude me from acting within this trial?"

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: December 07, 2016, 07:31:39 pm »

"Seeing as the prosecution, defense, and defendants have all partaken in them, the prosecution has no objections."

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: December 07, 2016, 07:41:15 pm »

"shall I take on the role of the defense attorney"
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 07:47:12 pm by endlessblaze »
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 209