Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 209

Author Topic: Bay12 Courtroom: Thread Retired, New Thread Pending  (Read 243739 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Courtroom: The Ultimate Trial
« Reply #2610 on: November 17, 2015, 11:03:43 pm »

"The part with the unconscious hostages and the cardboard box and you somehow fail to notice the bit where Pumaman is seen APPROACHING the box that he allegedly planted, as if it was already there, and he had no prior knowledge of it?  Or the bit where, you know, he picks it up and there's nothing there?
And why would he run out of the building making a scene if he was, in fact plotting to blow up the building?  It would have been much less visible to teleport both in and out under cover of darkness, and with the added benefit of having not been seen at the scene."
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 11:07:23 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: November 18, 2015, 04:19:01 pm »

"The part with the unconscious hostages and the cardboard box and you somehow fail to notice the bit where Pumaman is seen APPROACHING the box that he allegedly planted, as if it was already there, and he had no prior knowledge of it?  Or the bit where, you know, he picks it up and there's nothing there?
And why would he run out of the building making a scene if he was, in fact plotting to blow up the building?  It would have been much less visible to teleport both in and out under cover of darkness, and with the added benefit of having not been seen at the scene."

"You intend to tell me that he's not going to double-check his bomb? Did you read the description in the Court Record?"
"Was anything else found at crime scene? Like who might have made the bomb? Or remnants of the explosion?"

"We couldn't get to the crime scene. It was under a demolished building. The closest we could get was a few feet into the entrance hallway. Although, we did find this... We think that the box might've been full of remotely-activated dynamite, and that a bit of the label fell off at some point.

"What? Why didn't I hear about this?"

"Guess we just didn't get it to you in time. Sorry."
Piece of Paper added to the Court Record.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: November 18, 2015, 04:54:47 pm »

".......You know that dynamite do not have the letter "S" on them, right?"

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: November 18, 2015, 04:56:17 pm »

"The bug is right. Dynamite doesn't tend to have the letter S on it. Could you give us an estimate on the effective range of a detonator used with Dynamite?"

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: November 18, 2015, 05:04:12 pm »

"It says 'LOSIV'. As in 'explosive.'"

"As for the effective range, well, it depends on the detonator. A sufficiently powerful detonation device could activate it from a huge distance."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: November 18, 2015, 05:07:38 pm »

"Thank you. About the placement of the explosives. They were placed a few feet off the ground, is that correct? Any idea what could have been holding it up?"

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: November 18, 2015, 05:23:59 pm »

"The video footage suggests that it was perhaps strapped to the support from the inside, or maybe tied to it with fishing line or something."

"Something seems... off, here. Not really with the testimony, though... that seems solid."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: November 18, 2015, 05:29:52 pm »

"What's on your mind, Apollo? You think something's up with the evidence?"

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: November 18, 2015, 05:31:39 pm »

"I dunno... it's kind of a gut feeling. Something just doesn't seem to fit with everything that's been said here. Maybe you should compare the witness's testimony with the prosecutor's statements?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: November 18, 2015, 05:36:30 pm »

"...Hang on JUST A SECOND.
Why would the defendant even NEED hostages?
There's no REASON for hostages.
There's active reasons AGAINST hostages for a man who can teleport.

And if the guy can TELEPORT, how come a piece of the label ended up outside the immediate area where the bomb was planted?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: November 18, 2015, 05:55:28 pm »

"...Hang on JUST A SECOND.
Why would the defendant even NEED hostages?
There's no REASON for hostages.
There's active reasons AGAINST hostages for a man who can teleport.

"I dunno, maybe he's just a sadist or s--"
"And if the guy can TELEPORT, how come a piece of the label ended up outside the immediate area where the bomb was planted?"
Objection! 2013

"...damn it."

"Order! Order in the court! Mr. Godot! Please explain this bizarre inconsistency!"
Spoiler: Also For Fish's Use (click to show/hide)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: November 18, 2015, 05:58:39 pm »

"My bones are rattling..."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: November 18, 2015, 06:07:04 pm »

"Man, nice catch. I've gotta step up my game or the newbie might outshine me..."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: November 18, 2015, 06:36:34 pm »

The patch of air appears...smug.
"Baseless speculation directly contradicting established character traits and evidence.  Yes, please, M. Godot, I'd love to hear what your explanation is.

Or shall we wait a bit?   (No, we shan't, unless your Honor has any particular reason to adjourn, but I couldn't pass up the reference.  The absurdity of the case so far...)

Ooh, I have another one.

How did this Crappy Innate Abilities agency manage to fail to notice an impending bombing within its membership, if Pumaman did it?  I doubt they don't have their methods."
Sigtext

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: November 18, 2015, 07:12:15 pm »

"The hell's this agency you're talking about? Don't tell me you're making stuff up."

"In any case, I'm not sure how the box got past security. Since he apparently didn't teleport inside, anyway. I think we'll have to call the security guard on duty that day as a witness."
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 209