Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 180

Author Topic: Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica: The Grief Story IC, Now with 100% more Grimdark~~  (Read 95522 times)

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
Re: Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica: The Grief Story IC
« Reply #1575 on: July 03, 2014, 09:24:59 pm »

"Yeah? Then this isn't my fucking story."
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: July 03, 2014, 09:29:37 pm »

Beryl calmly replies.

"Then be more concerned about your story."

"Don't worry about what your part in another story is, because you'll never see the entirety of their story."

"You'll never know how important you are and it isn't worth it to try."

"In your story, there is no one more important than you."
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: July 03, 2014, 09:31:03 pm »

"Please drop the philosophical bullshit, I'm just getting started with this."

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: July 03, 2014, 09:34:59 pm »

Beryl smirks and a dark look passes through his eyes.

"Then start writing."

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: July 03, 2014, 09:35:46 pm »

"You don't get it. How much about me do any of you know? I'm just in the background, popping up whenever convenient. But I'm not the focus here. I'm always out of sight, part of the group, yes, but never the focus. And you know what. I'm screwed. I'm the kind of guy who'll get some characterization, just for the sole purpose of having an impact when I tragically die five seconds later, killed by the new big bad, just to show how evil he is. Y'all be upset, kill the villain, and promptly forget about me. Because I don't fucking matter. I'm just some fucking mook..."
As he goes on, he actually gets quieter, but he's definately... Angry? Sad? It's hard to tell.
<Hey, at least you have more than 2 years of backstory. I'm contractually obliged not to mention anything before that. Most of my life is a blank that no-one will ever know about, I have no friends or family anywhere nearby if at all, I'm stuck in a country I can't fluently speak the language of and barely understand the culture, I traded my life (such as it is) for an essentially pointless wish, and I don't even have a tortoise with me to hug.
What was your wish for? I very much doubt it could be anywhere near as pointless as mine.
If you have a problem with being out of sight, then get in sight, be the focus.
As for dying, this isn't a show. In shows, the competent professional character dies to establish threat competency, the villainous character dies for karmic retribution shit, the useless bumbling sidekick lives for comedy and the even more useless romantic interest lives because happy endings and shit.
Here, in real life? Everyone dies, in no established order, and villains and monsters don't always lose,
but competency gives you a better chance of living longer, and uselessness gets you dead fast, so quit whining about your character and start focusing on staying alive and killing the enemy.>
<It's nobody's "fucking story", so if you want anything even remotely close to a happy ending, work, hope and pay attention.>

<Why don't you drop the Trope bullshit?>

<Seriously though, how are you dealing with sudden exposure to a telepathic network? Need explanations, or have you already run into the boxcat? Or both, I suppose, given how it seems to love being cryptic.>
"I don't really know... It's all new to me... And... the boxcat?"
<The Boxcat is the Cubey thing. It's the one that runs this network, I think, and it trades wishes for service.>
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:38:36 pm by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: July 03, 2014, 09:38:54 pm »

"I find that words on paper simply doesn't have the same... punch. It puts up a barrier, keeps the reader detached and safely in their comfort zone. Fuck that. You gonna let me talk now?"
His words are fierce with conviction, but at the same time, almost eerily... quiet.
"I think I'll start with you, Alex."

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: July 03, 2014, 09:41:48 pm »

"I find that words on paper simply doesn't have the same... punch. It puts up a barrier, keeps the reader detached and safely in their comfort zone. Fuck that. You gonna let me talk now?"
"I believe you missing the point. Beryl is imply no-one wants to hear it, so go turn down lights, start writing and maybe cut your wrists and sing about no-one understand you while your at it."

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: July 03, 2014, 09:44:24 pm »

He laughs darkly.
"I've said earlier, they didn't judge me of being capable of having a roommate. Do you remember the reason for that?"

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: July 03, 2014, 09:46:16 pm »

"I believe you missing the point. Beryl is imply no-one wants to hear it, so go turn down lights, start writing and maybe cut your wrists and sing about no-one understand you while your at it."

"Actually, I meant that ranting at us won't change his story. If he wants to change his story that's up to him."

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: July 03, 2014, 09:47:03 pm »

"Poor hygiene? Kleptomania? Compulsive hoarder? History of sexual assault? Drools spider when asleep?"

"Actually, I meant that ranting at us won't change his story. If he wants to change his story that's up to him."
"Close enough."

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: July 03, 2014, 09:51:50 pm »

He stares down Alex with an unblinking stare.
"I'm... unstable. Unpredictable. A danger to myself and everyone around me. Irrational. Delusional. I'm a ticking timebomb. Do you really want to test me right now?

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: July 03, 2014, 09:53:58 pm »

Beryl decides to let Eren have it out with Alex first. He leans back in his chair and sighs. He doesn't get rattled easily and he stays calm.

But he does get a nostalgic look on his face and frowns slightly as he tilts his head in thought.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: July 03, 2014, 10:08:36 pm »

Eren looks at Beryl.
"What is it?"

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: July 03, 2014, 10:16:39 pm »

He stares down Alex with an unblinking stare.
"I'm... unstable. Unpredictable. A danger to myself and everyone around me. Irrational. Delusional. I'm a ticking timebomb. Do you really want to test me right now?
"As opposed to testing you in a labyrinth? If you're so unstable you really are a danger to everyone around you, and are possessed of magic that most people will not be able to stand against, well, the path those of us who are fighting Witches to defend ordinary humans should take is clear, no?"
Alex "smiles" at Eren, really more of a baring of teeth, and stretches both hands into a claw gesture, making a low, inhuman growling noise from deep in the throat.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: July 03, 2014, 10:19:33 pm »

Daoto laughs out loud. Her voice carries an edge to it when she talks.

"Woe is me! I'm unpredictable! Dangerous! I'm a loner, ooohh~. Are you even listening to yourself? Whining about this bullshit. You're not judged capable of having a roommate? I'm not judged capable of not having one. Timebomb. Bullshit. You know who's on a count-down? The person with a terminal disease. You realize even the shit they hooked me up to won't keep me on my feet forever? Yep, I'm going to spend the last eight months of my life incapable of shitting without someone to help me. You think your life is hard? At least you'll be able to wipe your ass the day you die. You haven't had to rely on people your whole life, unable to do anything without assistance."

She stops for a second, then laughs again, harshly, after glancing at her legs

"I'd stand up right now, to storm off or come over there or something, but I can't. My legs won't move. They won't respond to me. And this happens all the fucking time. So count your fuckin' blessings, asshole. You get to walk."

By the time she finishes talking, tears are running down her face, and she's smiling grimly, despairingly.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 180