Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DFhack Cleanowned Question  (Read 4492 times)

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DFhack Cleanowned Question
« on: June 11, 2014, 06:13:38 am »

I try to avoid DFhack unless I really need to for bug fixes. The problem is I have a 12 year old fort that has been under constant goblin siege for about a decade and I have NEVER run cleanowned before. I did a dry run using the most worn setting and it returned 23,000 items with 740,000 bad references which frankly scares the crap out of me because I have no idea what it might do to my fort to run this for real and generate 23,000 hauling jobs all at once.

Has anyone had some experience with cleaning up this many items and whether or not it is likely to either crash the game or render my fort useless for the next 5 years as dwarves haul all this crap away?

I see now what those cunning goblin bastards were doing all this time. They knew they couldn't conquer us on the battlefield so they attacked the very fabric of reality itself by flooding the fortress with thousands of damn troll fur loincloths. It's no wonder the hauling job que is completely broken in my fortress. I can't for the life of me get items hauled anywhere despite having half my dwarves idle at any given time with hundreds of obvious hauling jobs needing to be done.  :o
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 06:30:55 am by Melting Sky »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: DFhack Cleanowned Question
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 10:04:41 am »

I believe you can run it in a way that cleans ownership and marks them for dumping, then you can use the "autodump" command to quickly get rid of them (either teleport them to your atomsmasher or simply "destroy" them, which will have the same effect in the end).

As for the "bad references", I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with cleanowned - if the message is something like "Patched 559563 bad references in 16781 materials", then that's a completely normal message being reported by the "fix/cloth-stockpile" command (which works around bug 5739).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 10:11:13 am by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 04:33:25 pm »

I believe you can run it in a way that cleans ownership and marks them for dumping, then you can use the "autodump" command to quickly get rid of them (either teleport them to your atomsmasher or simply "destroy" them, which will have the same effect in the end).

As for the "bad references", I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with cleanowned - if the message is something like "Patched 559563 bad references in 16781 materials", then that's a completely normal message being reported by the "fix/cloth-stockpile" command (which works around bug 5739).

Thanks for the reply. That is exactly the message I received just with different numbers. It was just that the numbers were so crazy large that had me worried. So I take it the 22,000 materials isn't actual individual pieces of worn clothing then?

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 06:41:38 am »

You can run cleanowned with "dryrun" at the end to get all of the items that would have been marked for dumping displayed in the DFHack window, but witout actually setting anything to get dumped.

Useful for when you aren't sure how many tattered socks your dwarves have stashed away.