Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: Houses of The Rising Suns III OOC and Sign-Up  (Read 14907 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Houses of The Rising Suns III OOC and Sign-Up
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2014, 02:39:36 pm »

1. No you can only do one research project. THis is intentional to prevent mass abuse of money.
2. Turns you send in via post. However Espionage, Piracy and Black Marketeering, aswell as secret diplomacy backstabbing is done via pm. If you do that put me cc so i know what the hell is going on.
3. You need 1 Food per pop per turn.
4. You have been outfitted with some startin trade fleets depending on your needs, those will however vanish with time, meaning they will be replaced by ones that you bought yourself or if you upgrade the trade fleets they will also start to vanish. THey are just there at the start to make sure we dont have mass dying populations from starvation.
5. Pewds Rockets please remember you also need money for maintenance and trade, aswell as diplomacy and most importantly recruitment of troops and ships.

EDIT: 6. I am well aware of the Fact of the Worldships being potential Rush Killers. THis is why i had a nice pm conversation with Pewds Rockets that his ships will die an immediate In-Jump Death if he should try something like that.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 02:41:52 pm by Ghazkull »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2014, 02:40:59 pm »

Hmmm so I need 25 food. Lucky I have a tax income of 75 and precious little besides research to spend it on.
Yeah, that's the main benefit of your ships. Depending on how you play, you can have a tax income of 150 by the end of turn 3. (just max pop on all ships).

The main drawback is that the world ships can't attack. He can't invade (world ships can't land forces, IIRC.)

Edit: Those trade fleets disappear. Well bugger.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2014, 02:42:47 pm »

What ebbor said. World Ships cant even approach a planet close enough to land troops.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2014, 02:45:38 pm »

Ah. He can produce troop transports, though, I don't doubt. Five strength 9 ships first turn, five strength 10 with 2 trade goods left over per worldship second turn. Third turn, 8 trade goods. Which is more than he has population, at that point. Which means, 10 total trade goods which could be sold to another nation, or saved period. And of course, doubled everything production. Which means he could put only one population onto food, keeping himself stable at 6, and getting some 30 production per turn. Which is utterly ridiculous.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2014, 02:50:15 pm »

Still gonna need to buy some in or I have to use my entire population for food production and nothing else. And if for 1-2 turns I devote them to other things and buy food I can get a lot done.

Also Ghazkul told me in advance I'd be unable to attack any PCs early on and that's not really my people's style anyway.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 02:52:18 pm by PewdsRocks »
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2014, 02:53:03 pm »

Ah. Just saying, though, man; even without ultimate killy death times, you've got a pretty seeet advantage in those worldships being so self-sustaining. Make good use of it, I say.

Wait I think you misinterpreted smething. I'm pretty sure youhave a food bonus of 3; every pop you put into food is 3 food produced, it's just that every extra food you invest is only one pop produced. You have plenty of food, just won't grow fast.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 02:54:40 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2014, 02:56:33 pm »

OKay lets go through stuff.

Pewds can't produce Class 10 Ships right now. Nobody can. Players can produce Class 4 Ships (Heavy Frigates) which allow the transport of 1 Ground Unit.
ALso there seems to be a msitake in your math. Right now he needs to devote on each ship at least two populace to food production (food multiplier is 3) so he can sustain himself at six. Leaves him right now in the first turn with 3 populace, read at most 9 Production per ship. At best he can produce 2 class fours per ship per turn. That means his best output would be a grand total of 10 Class Fours, which allows him to ferry 10 Divisions around. Great. Anybody can produce that on any planet in a turn. PLus he can't use the Trade Goods on himself and needs to find someone who will trade them with him at that quantities.

Pewds as stated above you need initially 2 people assigned to food production. With a Food Multiplier of 3 you produce with those two per ship 6 food.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2014, 02:57:58 pm »

Can trade fleets be assigned the round they are produced?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 03:13:34 pm by 4maskwolf »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2014, 02:59:54 pm »

Didn't realize people couldn't produce class 10s, my bad.

Also managed to forget you couldn't use your own trade goods.

Question: Is there a downside to using mercenaries? They seem to be just as expensive/inexpensive as the upkeep of a normal fleet.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2014, 03:03:18 pm »

I think it's that you don't have to build the ships themselves, for people with low production.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2014, 03:04:16 pm »

Quote from: from Rolepgeek
And also how I will hope to catch up if I come in once someone else is dead.
That's a good point. Will waitlisters coming in start from ground zero research wise or do they start with some tech already researched to even the ground a bit?
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2014, 03:05:21 pm »

What are the production costs of ships and ground troops actually. I don't see those anywhere.

Edit: Do we know about any neutral or uncolonized planets now, or do we have to explore for those?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2014, 03:06:34 pm »

Same as their strength, Ebbor.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2014, 03:09:13 pm »

Hmmm I've spent to much time helping people do sheets for 40k better reread this stuff. My only advantage is short term once you all begin creating more special world's you'll easily out pace me in all regards.

Level 1 is 1 credit to make 1 upkeep. Level 10 is 10 to make 10 upkeep.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2014, 03:13:04 pm »

Same as their strength, Ebbor.
Probably the same as their credit cost. Otherwise ground forces would be problematic.

We all start with special worlds. We'll outpace you once we get our first colonies/up the population limit.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22