Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: Houses of The Rising Suns III OOC and Sign-Up  (Read 14901 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Houses of The Rising Suns III OOC and Sign-Up
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2014, 03:45:08 pm »

So another question. Is infiltrated influence a one turn thing, or is it a permanent discount?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2014, 03:45:41 pm »

It is permanently in their government until you use it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2014, 03:47:11 pm »

Yeah, I thought so. Wasn't sure.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2014, 03:57:06 pm »

Also, does anyone know the answer to my question earlier? Can trade fleets be deployed the same turntable hey are manufactured?
This question is relevant to my interests.

Edit: Do we start we got to use our treasure from turn zero, and utilize the income of turn 1, or not. ((Ie, in my case, do I have 47.5 credits at my disposal, or 95?))
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 03:59:47 pm by 10ebbor10 »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2014, 03:58:41 pm »

Also, does anyone know the answer to my question earlier? Can trade fleets be deployed the same turntable hey are manufactured?
This question is relevant to my interests.

He said no. It's impossible.

And I hate autocorrect so much.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2014, 04:05:16 pm »

Ok, last question (no promise though). What is the order of actions.

First attacks, then production or the other way around.

Simply said, would it be viable for me not to build a military in the first turn, and use my second turn military as immediate defence?

Edit: Is this alright or do you want a concise summary of my actions?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 02:52:37 am by 10ebbor10 »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2014, 04:24:25 pm »

I think that may be what he wants, but I can't do that from an iPod, so I just posted an action summary.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2014, 05:52:21 pm »

GM: what format do you want our updates in?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2014, 07:45:22 pm »

Speaking of updates: do the worldships have to have two extra food in a turn to gain a population, or can it "bank" a food by spending them over two rounds.

Edit: Pewds, food isn't perishable, you can store it over turns. There isn't any reason to "bank" it now or whatever because you'll have it next turn.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 07:48:54 pm by 4maskwolf »

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2014, 07:50:17 pm »

Is more as a reminder to me then anything to make sure I don't forget to do it over next turn.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2014, 02:00:50 am »

On a side note, some people might want to invest in actual defenses. You start without armies of any type, nor any fleet. An opportunistic enemy can just steal a planet if he wants to.

((Speaking of which, is orbital control achieved on a per planet basis, or on a per system basis? Oh, and how exactly does boarding work. Is it just another combat action?))

Edit: I think the following example in the OP is wrong.

Weapon Overclock is an Offensive Type Action, which blocks Tactical Actions, If it is successfully played you may add +1d10 to your Total Fleet Strength. If you have a Strength 2 Ship in your fleet you may add +2d10 and so on up to a maximum of +10d10 in case of a Strength 10 Ship.

Ardas and Azthors Fleets clash in the Orbit over Terra. Ardas has a Fleet Strength of 23 with 1 Strength 3 Ship and 20 Strength 1 Ships. Azthor only has a Fleet Strength of 10 with 7 Strength 1 Ships and 1 Strength 3 Ship.

For the First Phase Ardas had chosen the Level 3  Ability "Adaptive Strategy". Azthor chooses the Offensive Action "Weapon Overclock". Since Weapon Overclock blocks Tactic Actions, Ardas Fleet may not fire at all, instead his fleet recieves one volley of Azthors Fleet (10 Damage) plus the damage of 1d10. Azthor rolls a 1, thus Ardas Fleet recieves 11 Damage. His level 3 Ship absorbs two damage and 8 of his Level One Ships are Destroyed. [/quote]
I believe that should be 3d10
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 03:07:01 am by 10ebbor10 »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2014, 04:25:38 am »

yeah you are right it should be, but i won't change that example now, since i would have to juggle around the entire example again.

In any case to the other questions: battles will be handled in Turn and Administrative stuff between turns.

Food indeed isn't perishable but will be used up by the population if not traded away. To get an increase of population on a worldship you have to spend two food to gain one population point growth. IF you want to do that over two turns that is also possible.

Planetary populations will use up any spare food until its gone, so if you have a agri world with 10 Food left after the turn which you couldn't trade or transport away, two of it will be used up every turn by the growing populace. This is to simulate the lack of control one has over population growth.

As to overpopulation on worldships...i have no idea yet how to handle it. I will either let them cause insurrections and food riots or turn them into neutral pirate fleets roaming around.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2014, 04:33:46 am »

So we can't make any food stockpiles. Well, that is rather annoying.

Edit: How fast do our starting trading fleets disappear. Is it a direct 1:1 replacement as you build new fleets, or a more gradual process?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 04:43:03 am by 10ebbor10 »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2014, 05:05:43 am »

they are replaced at the speed at which you build new tradefleets or upgrade them with research.

Also you can Make Food Stockpiles, but food tends to perish after a while. So you can store 20 or 30 Food for example but it will be gone after ten or 15 turns.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2014, 05:10:21 am »

Planetary populations will use up any spare food until its gone, so if you have a agri world with 10 Food left after the turn which you couldn't trade or transport away, two of it will be used up every turn by the growing populace. This is to simulate the lack of control one has over population growth.
Considering planets become Hiveplanets if they go over the limit, it makes food stockpiles somewhat problematic.

I mean, I can do it, thanks to some racial research, but everyone else can't.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 05:22:38 am by 10ebbor10 »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22