Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: LeBron's Shut up and Slam - Yui No Gaiden! [An Actual Plan is Happening II]  (Read 27585 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I apologize profusely about the status of this game, as well as all my other active games. Ive been trying to be as active as possible on the forums, but I'm facing some hardcore IRL bullshit at the moment. I can't say when it will be resolved,  but when it is this game will begin.

I promise.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Take care of the IRL bullshit first. We can wait.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Take care of the IRL bullshit first. We can wait.
Also we're all rooting for ya TCM. c:
Hope you're doing fine there.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Yeah, you take care if this IRL bullshit first. We can wait.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Yeah, best to sort out RL before other matters.

Also, terribly sorry in advance about being absent for the next two weeks or so.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the support y'all. Stupid hood shit is all fun and games until some people get really out of hand and it turns into a violent, chaotic legal/bureaucratic  nightmare. Whoop.

I'll try and have the intro turn done tonight, lest I get a phone call and have to head out to some office downtown or something. >_>
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do it when you fully can. I'm having net problems and mostly post to get stuff afloat yet can't update anything because of that ._. as...an example.

We can totally wait. :D

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quick question y'all, what's the best way to upload a picture file directly onto the forums? Is it necessary to use a filehosting site as an intermediary between File and Forum?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yoop o_o
Necessary, because as far as I know, the forum cannot directly host images.
>_>
<_<
*cough*
To preserve the image resolution if you want to shrink it, but only for looks, use the new image code:
[img height=x width=y] in place of the [img] tag.
Wherein x/y = # of pixels! :D

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yoop o_o
Necessary, because as far as I know, the forum cannot directly host images.
>_>
<_<
*cough*
To preserve the image resolution if you want to shrink it, but only for looks, use the new image code:
[img height=x width=y] in place of the [img] tag.
Wherein x/y = # of pixels! :D

Thank you Tiruin, that helps a lot actually. I want to use a few pictures in this game, and sometimes they're a bit too big.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LeBron's Shut up and Slam -Yui No Gaiden! [A Meeting of F.A.T.E.]
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2014, 09:12:42 pm »

A Meeting of F.A.T.E.

Xu Yi Shi's Tavern is a local favorite of the Neo-Atlantians, providing them with reasonably priced food, varieties of on-stage entertainment and annually cleaned bathrooms. For six anxious people, tonight it will be much more. They were all strangers now, but they would quickly become each others closest companion. For starters, they were all instructed to come to the basement by an image of the ghostly LeBron James in their sleep. What now?

Then, he arose. From the floors. From the abyss. From beyond. From nowhere. LeBron cometh.

"Hey, I'm the Ghostly B-Ball Spirit of LeBron James."

"Y'all may wonder we I've called you hear tonight. It's quite simple really. As you all know, the key instrument in the Miami Heat's 2013 NBA Championship Victory was, besides my stupendous athleticism, the Grand Basketball of Infallibility. This ball was the most sacred treasure of the Miami Heat organization, forged over 3000 years ago by a tribe of ancient ballers, who used it to cast away evil spirits. During the Great B-Ball Purge, Micheal Jordan knew the basketball was too powerful a tool to keep in the hands of any baller, and sent out a task force of Elite S.W.A.T. Officers to capture it.

Their plan, despite our best defenses, was eventually successful. I balled my hardest, hitting them with every Slam and Jam I knew, but they pried it away from my dead fingers. Jordan tried to obliterate the ball in a controlled sub-atomic explosion, but that wasn't enough. The ball simply split apart into 8 Shards that flew across the world, hidden from Jordan.

Even with Jordan gone, I fear the National Committee Against Basketball and B-Ball Related Activities may be onto the locations of the shards. This time, they will be smarter, and use a destructive technique powerful enough to erase the ball from reality. If this happens, then there will be no hope for Basketball returning. Ever.

Why have I chosen the six of you? Coincidentally enough, the first game of basketball played with the Grand Basketball of Infallibility were your ancestors. Yes, all of your ancestors were on the same team. This was in a day when many more players were allowed on the court at once. There are only six of you here, but that is because you are the six I could locate first; the descendants of the other players are still out there. I believe you will find them. If you can recover these shards, not only will you save the future of Basketball, as well as the world, but you will also figure out answers to your greatest questions, and solutions to your greatest problems.

I know not where all the shards lay, but I sense that one of them is located under the Neo-Atlanta Sewers, in the historic B-Ball Catacombs.

Waste no time heroes. Be off, I must return to the spirit world."

LeBron looked down at the floor.

"...Well, I'm not descending. I guess I'll chill here for a while. Must be some traffic over at the spirit border. I'll chill here I guess."

He sat upon a box, checking his watch.

The Tavern is busy tonight, it is happy hour. Perhaps one of the patrons knows something important, if they aren't all wasted off their asses. But that's alright, but outside in the metropolis city is a collection of all the stores and establishments one could hope to find.

So heroes, where off to?

>

Spoiler: Doctor Bear (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Krrosh Anvilhumper (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Johnny Johnson the 2nd (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sarah (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 09:15:21 pm by TCM »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2014, 11:19:19 pm »

((Gonna grab Red.))

Graa! Narf! Kroosh intones, reading out of a book that looks somewhat like a Gibberish-English dictionary.

Hopefully I did that right. Just starting out this warlord thing. I think I'll get really drunk. Makes savagery easier.

Request booze from bartender until sufficiently inebriated so as to naturally act 'grr'. Drunkenly question people around me about where we are and such.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2014, 11:22:06 pm »

Rubric merely stands up, looking at the others with distaste.

"We have a common goal now, it seems, but I still have my own. I recommend none of you interfere. I have one piece of advice I have learned in my travels, however. It could very well help us."

He clears his throat.

"To commune with the mad, one must become mad themselves."

He heads upstairs to get wasted. The best plan is to get drunk enough to understand the other patrons' ramblings.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2014, 11:27:46 pm »

Just realized two important things.

1. It's LeBron, not Lebron.

2. Instead of a waitlist, it should be the Bench*!

*To those who don't know much about Basketball, the Bench is the area on the sidelines where players on a team sit and watch the game until they are called in to play, much like how a waitlist functions.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2014, 11:42:41 pm »

Spoiler: Agent 31 (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14